What We Know
- The AirPlay feature is available on the TCL Roku and Google TVs.
- AirPlay from iPhone/iPad – Connect iOS and TCL TV to the same WiFi → Play the video → Control Center → Screen Mirroring → Watch on TV.
- AirPlay from Mac – Click Control Centre → Tap Screen Mirroring→ Select your TCL TV→ Enter the code → Stteam the content.
- AirPlay to TCL Android TV: Connect Mac and TV to the same WiFi network → Install AirScreen → Enable mirroring → AirPlay icon → Select TCL Android TV → Done.
The TCL Smart TVs are compatible with the AirPlay feature. TCL Roku TVs that are manufactured from 2017 and above (Roku OS 9.4 & above) models have the built-in AirPlay feature. For TCL Google TVs, the models sold in Europe will have built-in AirPlay support.
With the AirPlay feature, you can cast any type of media files from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac to your TCL Smart TV. However, the AirPlay feature on your TV is turned off by default. You have to turn it on manually to AirPlay media content from your Apple devices.
In this guide, you will learn how to enable and use the AirPlay feature on your TCL TV.
List of AirPlay Compatible TCL Roku TVs
If you have a TCL Roku TV, you can find the AirPlay-compatible TVs list to check if your TV is supported or not.
|8 – Series||65Q825, 75Q825|
|6-Series||55R635, 65R635, 75R635, 55R625, 65R625, 55R613, 55R615, 55R617, 65R613, 65R615, 65R617, 75R615, 75R617|
|5-Series||50S535, 55S535, 65S535, 75S535, 43S525, 43S527, 50S525, 55S525, 65S525, 43S515, 43S517, 49S515, 49S517, 55S515, 55S517, 65S517|
|4-Series||43S431, 43S433, 43S435, 50S431, 50S433, 50S435, 55S431, 55S433, 55S435, 65S431, 65S433, 65S435, 75S431, 75S435, 85S435, 55S20, 43S421, 43S423, 43S425, 50S421, 50S423, 50S425, 55S421, 55S423, 55S425, 65S421, 65S423, 65S425, 75S421, 75S423, 75S425, 43S403, 43S405, 49S405, 55S401, 55S403, 55S405, 65S401, 65S403, 65S405|
|3-Series||32S321, 32S323, 32S325, 32S327, 40S321, 40S325, 43S325, 49S325, 28S305, 32S305, 40S305, 43S305, 49S305|
List of AirPlay Compatible TCL Google TVs
TCL Google TV models like C735, C835, and C935 (available in Europe) will have AirPlay support.
How to Setup AirPlay on TCL Roku TV
Make sure to enable AirPlay on Roku TV to receive media files wirelessly from an Apple device.
1. Power On your Roku TV and press the Home button from the remote.
2. Scroll down and select the Settings option.
3. Tap on the Apple AirPlay and HomeKit option.
4. Select the AirPlay option from the list and enable it.
5. Now, you can use the AirPlay feature on your TCL Roku TV.
How to Setup AirPlay on TCL Google TV
1. On your TCL Google TV, go to the Home screen.
2. Click the Input button on the remote.
3. Now, you will get different input options on the bottom.
4. Choose the AirPlay option. If the AirPlay option is not appearing, click the Edit button and choose the AirPlay tile.
5. Select the AirPlay and HomeKit Settings option.
6. Choose the AirPlay feature and turn it on.
How to AirPlay from iPhone/iPad to TCL Roku or Google TV
1. Connect your iPhone to a WiFi network, which should be the same as TCL Roku or Google TV.
2. Next, choose a video that you want to AirPlay.
Tip: If you want to cast photos on TV, click the Share icon at the bottom left corner of the Photos app and tap AirPlay.
3. Click the AirPlay icon or go to the Control Center and click the Screen Mirroring option.
4. Select the name of your TCL TV from the list of devices that appear.
That’s it! It will now mirror your iPhone content to the TV screen using AirPlay. But always ensure to turn off the AirPlay on your iPhone or iPad when not in use.
How to AirPlay from Mac to TCL Roku or Google TV
You can AirPlay the TCL TV from the Mac device based on the model and OS version that includes
Mac OS Version (12 or later)
1. Connect the TCL TV and Mac device to the same WiFi network.
2. Open the Control Center on the top-right of the status bar.
3. Click on the Screen mirroring option.
4. Select the TCL TV from the list of devices.
5. Now, you can AirPlay the Mac screen on your TCL Roku TV.
Mac OS Version (10.14 -11)
1. Ensure your Mac and TCL TV are connected to the same WiFi network.
2. Tap on the AirPlay icon from the top menu bar on your Mac device.
3. Choose your TCl TV from the list of devices available.
4. Then, the AirPlay code is displayed on your TCL RokuTV.
5. Enter the AirPlay code on your Mac device and you can mirror the Mac screen on your TCL RokuTV.
AirPlay is now connected! Start playing any media content on Mac to stream on TCL Roku or Google TV. Ensure to turn off Airplay on your Mac when you are done mirroring the screen.
How to AirPlay to TCL Android TV Using Third-Party App
Unfortunately, some TCL TVs run on Android OS do not support AirPlay. So, you can install a third-party app on your macOS to AirPlay any media content to your TCL Android TV. As of now, the best AirPlay apps for Android are AirBeamTV, AirScreen, and ApowerMirror.
1. Connect your Mac and TCL Android TV to the same WiFi network.
2. Install the AirScreen app on your TCL Android TV from the Google Play Store.
3. Once done, open AirScreen and turn on Mirroring.
4. On your Mac, click the AirPlay icon. Then, select TCL Android TV to connect.
5. If the connection is successful, it will mirror your Mac screen to the TV.
1. Connect your iPhone and TCL Android TV to the same WiFi network.
2. Make sure to install the AirScreen app and the Mirroring feature is turned on in the TCL Android TV.
3. On your iPhone, go to the Control Center and tap the Screen Mirroring icon. If the app you are using is compatible with the AirPlay feature, you can click the AirPlay icon.
4. From the list of devices, choose the TCL Smart TV.
5. Then, play any video content from the iPhone. It will appear on your TCL TV.
How to Fix AirPlay Not Working on TCL TV
Sometimes, AirPlay may not be working on your TCL TV due to numerous factors. In such cases, you can try these troubleshooting methods to resolve the problem.
- Ensure that your TCL TV and Apple device are connected to the same WiFi network.
- Remove all the previously paired connections to speed up the pairing process.
- Turn off the Firewall of the Mac device as it may interrupt while pairing.
- Update the firmware of TCL TV to the latest version and also update your iOS or Mac device.
- Restart your TCL TV and your Apple device to fix technical bugs.
- If none of the methods helps to fix it, you can contact TCL customer support for assistance.
Yes, you can use the peer-to-peer method that supports the AirPlay feature without using a WiFi network.
If you can’t AirPlay your iPhone to TCL TV, then it may be due to poor internet connection or software glitches.