What We Know
- To AirPlay Philo from iOS: Connect iOS & TV to the same WIFI → Open App Store → Download Philo app → sign in → Play video → Tap AirPlay icon → Select TV name.
- To AirPlay Philo from Mac: Connect Mac & TV to same WIFI → Open Safari browser → Go to Philo website → sign in → Select on-demand video → Select AirPlay icon → Choose TV name → Enjoy streaming.
- AirPlay to Android TV: Use the same WIFI on TV & iOS → Enable AirPlay on Android TV → launch Philo app → Log in → Launch Control Center → Tap Screen Mirroring icon → Select Android TV → Play Philo On-demand title → Watch on your Android TV.
Philo is yet another streaming service with built-in AirPlay support. With this feature, you shall stream over 70+ live channels and over 75000+ shows without installing the app on the TV. Apart from this, you can AirPlay Philo on-demand titles and content from the DVR section from iOS or Mac to your Apple TV or AirPlay 2- compatible TV. This way, you will end up saving TV storage space.
How to AirPlay Philo from iOS to Apple TV/AirPlay-2 TV
. Initially, turn on your Apple/AirPlay compatible TV and unlock your iPhone/iPad. Then connect both devices under the same WIFI.
. On your iOS, select the App Store and launch it.
. Type and search for the Philo app and select it from the search results.
. After that, download the Philo app by hitting the Get button.
. Once the app gets downloaded, tap Open to launch the app on your iOS device.
. Sign in to your account with the necessary credentials.
. Select the on-demand content that you want to play on your TV.
. Tap the AirPlay icon at the top right corner of the media player screen.
- If you can’t find the AirPlay icon, hit the Share icon and select the AirPlay option.
. Now, pair your TV and iOS. Once done, the video will start playing on your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible TV.
Alternative Method to AirPlay Philo from iOS
. Connect the Lightning Digital AV Adapter to your iPhone/iPad.
. Proceed to connect one end of the HDMI cable to the adapter and another end to your TV’s port.
. Power on your TV and select the HDMI input from the settings.
. Now, open the Philo app on your iPhone and play your favorite content.
That’s it, you can now watch the Philo content on your TV from an iOS device via Lightning Digital AV Adapter
How to AirPlay Philo from Mac PC to Apple TV/AirPlay-2 TV
Before you start, check that the Apple/Smart TV and Mac PC are connected to the same WIFI network, and then follow the guidelines below.
. Visit the Safari web browser on your Mac PC and head to the official website of Philo.
. Sign in to your account if prompted.
. From the Philo website, select your favorite title to watch it on your TV screen.
. At the top of the status bar, hit the AirPlay icon.
. Select your TV name from the drop-down menu list and start pairing.
. Follow the on-screen instruction to complete the pairing process.
. After pairing, watch the Philo on-demand titles on your Apple/smart TV.
How to AirPlay Philo to Android Smart TV
. First, enable AirPlay on Android TV.
- On your Android TV, go to Settings > select AirPlay and HomeKit Settings option > select AirPlay option > Toggle on the switch to enable it.
. Then connect your Android Smart TV and your iOS to the same WIFI network.
. Open the Philo app on your iPhone/iPad.
. If prompted, log in to your account.
. Launch the Control Center on your iOS and hit the Screen Mirroring icon.
. Select the Android Smart TV name from the list of available devices and pair the TV with your iPhone/iPad.
. Now choose the video from the Philo app and it will stream on your TV Screen.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, Philo offers a 7-day free trial for only new subscribers.