What We Know
- AirPlay Sky Go from iPhone: Turn on AirPlay-compatible TV → Connect TV & iOS to same WiFi→ Open App Store → Download Sky Go app → Launch the app → Login → Select the title → AirPlay icon → Select TV Name.
- Screen Mirror Sky Go: Use the same WiFi on iOS & TV → Go to Control Center → Screen Mirroring → Select AirPlay-compatible TV → Open Sky Go app → Play a title → Watch on TV.
- AirPlay Sky Go from Mac: Connect Mac & AirPlay 2-TV to same WiFi→ Launch Safari browser → Visit Sky Go website → Login → Select a content → Click AirPlay icon → Select AirPlay-compatible TV → Start Streaming.
- AirPlay Sky Go to Android TV: Turn on Android TV → Connect TV & iOS to same WiFi → Download the Sky Go app on iOS → Launch & Login → Select the content → Go to Control Center → Screen Mirroring → Select Android TV → Watch on TV.
Sky Go is a subscription-based streaming service in the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland. It telecasts almost 200+ Sky originals, live TV, sports, news, movies, shows, etc. With the Sky TV subscription, the Sky Go user can stream channels Channel 4, ITV, Film 4, etc., free of cost. While it is available for Apple TV, not every user intends to download it. Conversely, they can’t install and stream due to technical issues like compatibility. In that scenario, iOS or Mac users can AirPlay Sky Go to Apple or TVs with AirPlay 2 compatibility.
Based on your Sky TV subscription, you can watch the content from Sky Atlantic, Sky Cinema, Sky Sports, Sky One, and more. When you upgrade your account to Sky Go Extra, you will be able to record your favorites and stream them offline. With all these features intact, using the AirPlay feature, you can start to stream your favorites on the big screen.
How to AirPlay Sky Go to Apple TV/Smart TV from iPhone/iPad
1. First, connect your iOS and AirPlay-compatible smart TV or Apple TV to the same WiFi network.
2. Visit the App Store and install the latest version of the Sky Go app on your iPhone or iPad.
3. Open the Sky Go app once the installation is complete.
4. Log in to your Sky account with valid credentials.
5. Click any video on the Sky Go app on iOS to play.
6. When it starts playing, tap the AirPlay icon at the bottom right of the media player.
7. Select your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible TV name from the nearby devices list.
8. Finally, it will play the video simultaneously on your smartphone and TV.
Note: When you are done streaming the content, turn off the AirPlay on your iPhone before turning off your TV.
How to Screen Mirror Sky Go to Apple TV from iPhone/iPad
When you cannot access the AirPlay icon on the Sky Go app, you shall use the Sky Go mirroring hack. Use the iPhone/iPad to stream Sky Go content on your TV. For this to work, you must connect your iPhone or iPad to the same WiFi network as your AirPlay Receiver device.
1. Launch the Sky Go app on your iOS device from the apps section.
2. Log in to your Sky account with your email address and password.
3. Next, go to the Control Center and tap the Screen Mirroring option.
4. Select your Apple TV or AirPlay-compatible smart TV to connect.
5. When the iPhone screen appears on your TV, get back to the Sky Go app and choose a video to start playing.
You can watch your favorite Sky Go TV shows or live sports on a bigger screen using AirPlay.
How to AirPlay Sky Go from Mac to TV
Before you start, connect your Mac and the AirPlay-compatible TV to the same WiFi network. Also, ensure that you have updated your Mac to the latest version.
1. Install Sky Go on your Mac by visiting the Sky Go website.
2. After the installation, open Sky Go and log in with a valid TV service provider.
3. Play a video from the Sky Go library by clicking on it.
4. Click the Control Center icon on the Menu bar and click Screen Mirroring.
5. Next, choose your TV from the listed devices.
That’s it! Your Mac screen has been mirrored to the TV. The video will continue playing on Mac and TV at a time.
How to AirPlay Sky Go to Android Smart TV
If you own the latest Android TVs, there is a high chance for those devices to support AirPlay.
1. Firstly, turn on AirPlay on Android TV under Settings → AirPlay and HomeKit Settings.
2. Then, use the same WiFi on Android TV and iOS.
3. Launch the Sky Go app or install it from the App Store if you don’t own it.
4. Log in to your account with the necessary credentials if prompted.
5. Choose to play a Sky Go title on your iOS device.
6. Click on the AirPlay icon or select the Screen Mirror icon in Control Center.
7. Of the available devices, you shall select the Android TV name.
8. When the connection is established, you shall watch the Sky Go title on your Android TV.
How to Fix Sky Go AirPlay Not Working Issue
There may be times Sky Go will not work with the AirPlay feature. It happens mainly due to unstable internet connection, devices using different WiFi, geo-restrictions, server outage, devices using outdated software, etc. The following fixes will help resolve the issue efficiently.
- Ensure to connect your iOS/Mac and Compatible TV to the same WiFi.
- Use WiFi that has high bandwidth or an ethernet cable to the TV.
- Disconnect all other devices using the WiFi as it brings internet throttling.
- Use a VPN on your iOS/Mac to unblock the geo-restrictions and then AirPlay.
- Check if the Sky Go subscription is active. If not, renew and check if AirPlay works.
- Use the latest version on iOS, Mac, and smart TV to fix errors or bugs, and use AirPlay.
- Try restarting your devices and find out if AirPlay works.
- Reach out to the customer support team of Sky Go and seek assistance.
- When none of the fixes helps resolve Sky Go AirPlay not working, you shall reset your devices.
You can follow the above troubleshooting ideas to fix the grey screen issue while you AirPlay Sky Go.
Yes, you also have the option to screen mirror the Sky Go app to your TV.
You can AirPlay Sky Go to Samsung TV, LG TV, Android TV, Roku, Firestick, etc.
Yes. You can AirPlay Sky Go to AirPlay-supported TVs from Apple devices.
Restart the Sky Go app and the TV where you want to AirPlay. Then, you can seamlessly AirPlay the Sky Go app to your TV without any issues.