What We Know
- Enable AirPlay on Apple TV: Go to Settings > AirPlay > Turn it On.
- From iPhone/iPad: Connect iOS & Apple TV to same WiFi → Open Spotify → Play a song → Tap Device → Select AirPlay or Bluetooth → Choose Apple TV → Stream the song.
- AirPlay Spotify from Mac: Connect Mac & Apple TV to same WiFi → Open Spotify → Play a song → Tap Device → Select AirPlay or Bluetooth → Choose Apple TV → Stream the song.
- AirPlay to Android TV: Enable AirPlay → Connect iOS and Android TV to same WiFi → Open Spotify → Tap Device → Select AirPlay or Bluetooth → Choose Android TV → Stream the song.
- AirPlay Spotify to HomePod: Enable Transfer to HomePod → Connect HomePod and iOS device to same WiFi → Open Spotify → Tap Device → Select AirPlay or Bluetooth → Choose HomePod → Stream the song.
Spotify is the most popular music streaming platform to stream music and podcasts. Just like Apple Music, Spotify also has built-in AirPlay 2 support. You can easily AirPlay music from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac to Apple TV, Smart TV, Android TV, or HomePod. Since the Spotify app is incompatible with the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd generations of Apple TV, AirPlay is the only way to listen to Spotify songs on older-generation Apple TVs.
How to Enable AirPlay on Apple TV
1. Navigate to the Settings on your Apple TV using the remote.
2. Move down and select AirPlay.
3. Using the remote, turn ON AirPlay on your Apple TV.
How to AirPlay Spotify From iPhone/iPad to Apple TV / Smart TV
Ensure both your Apple TV and iOS device are connected to the same WiFi network.
1. Install the Spotify app on your iPhone or iPad from the App Store.
2. Launch the Spotify app from the apps section on your iOS device.
3. Play a song or a podcast that you want to stream on your Apple TV.
4. Click the Device icon available at the bottom.
5. Select AirPlay or Bluetooth from the options displayed.
6. Choose your Apple TV from the list of available devices.
7. With these steps, you can enjoy Spotify on your Apple TV seamlessly.
Once connected, you will be able to stream songs on your Apple TV via AirPlay. But make sure to turn off the AirPlay on your iPhone when you are not using the app.
How to AirPlay Spotify From Mac to Apple TV / Smart TV
Ensure your Mac and Apple TV are connected to the same WiFi network.
1. Download Spotify for your Mac from the App Store.
2. Once you have installed the app on Mac, launch it.
3. Log in to the Spotify account using the associated credentials.
4. Next, go to your playlists or album podcast and click on them to start playing.
5. You can see the Device icon on the media player. Click on it.
6. Next, click More Devices and select your Apple TV from the list of available devices.
Finally, you can stream the music on Apple TV from Spotify using Mac. But make sure to turn off AirPlay on Your Mac when you are done mirroring the content.
Note: If you have Apple TV 4th Generation, you can install the Spotify app from the App Store.
How to AirPlay Spotify to Android TV
1. Open the Spotify app on your iOS device.
2. Play a song that you want to stream to your Android TV.
3. Click on the Device icon in the bottom left corner.
4. Select the AirPlay or Bluetooth option.
5. Now, from the list of available devices, select your Android TV.
6. Once connected, the song will stream on your Android TV.
How to AirPlay Spotify to HomePod
Before going ahead, you must first enable Transfer to HomePod option on your iOS device.
 From your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings > General > AirPlay & Handoff and turn on Transfer to HomePod.
 Now, open the Spotify app.
 Play a song of your choice.
 Tap on the Device icon.
 Select the AirPlay or Bluetooth option.
 Choose your HomePod speaker and stream the music on your HomePod speaker.
Similarly, connect the Homepod and Apple Watch using AirPlay and control the Spotify music on your watch.
Spotify Airplay Not Working on Smart TV (Fixes)
If Spotify AirPlay is not working, it may be due to device incompatibility or unstable internet if the AirPlay feature has been disabled. Sometimes, AirPlay streaming might be interrupted if there is an outage in the Spotify server. We recommend users try these workarounds in case of problems.
- If you see a black screen on your Smart TV while AirPlay Spotify, you can restart Your Apple device to fix the issue.
- Make sure that you have AirPlay 2 compatible Smart TV to make it work.
- Ensure that your TV and the device which has Spotify are connected to the same WiFi network.
- Check your internet connection or restart your WiFi router to improve the internet speed.
- Update your Apple device and the Spotify app to the latest version.
- Make sure to keep your Smart TV and your Apple device in a closer range.
- Unmute your Smart TV if there is no sound on AirPlay.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You can try the basic to advanced troubleshooting fixes to get resolved of no audio on AirPlay with Spotify.
Spotify users may come across AirPlay showing black screen with sound due to technical glitches, unsupported TVs, outdated firmware, etc.