What We Know
- AirPlay MLS from iOS: Connect iOS & TV to same WiFi → Open Apple TV app→ Sign in → Go to MLS Season Pass → Click Watch → Tap AirPlay → Select the TV → Enjoy streaming.
- AirPlay MLS from Mac: Connect Mac and TV to same WiFi → Launch Safari browser → Go to Apple TV website → Click MLS Season Pass → Click AirPlay → Choose TV name → Enjoy streaming.
The 2023 Major League Soccer (MLS) regular season occurs from February 25, 2023 to October 21, 2023. To watch the MLS regular season games live, you can AirPlay the Apple TV app from an iPhone or Mac to your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-enabled TV. Remember that the MLS Season Pass is mandatory for users to watch the MLS live games on the Apple TV app.
If you have an Apple TV+ subscription, you can get an MLS Season Pass by paying $12.99/month (or) $25 per season. Those who don’t have an Apple TV+ subscription can activate the MLS Season Pass by paying $14.99/month or $29 for an entire season.
How to AirPlay 2023 MLS Regular Season Matches from iPhone
If you have an MLS Season Pass subscription, you can turn on AirPlay on your Apple TV or Smart TV and continue with the steps.
1. Connect your iPhone/iPad and the Apple TV to the same WiFi network.
2. On your iPhone/iPad, install the Apple TV app from the App Store.
3. Open the Apple TV app and sign in with your Apple ID and password.
4. Search for MLS Season Pass using the search bar.
5. Choose a game from the home screen and click Watch.
6. When the match starts playing, click the AirPlay icon in the Apple TV app.
7. Select your Apple TV/Smart TV name from the shown list to connect.
Once the connection is established, you can watch the MLS matches on a big screen. It is recommended to turn off AirPlay on your iPhone if you finish watching a match.
How to AirPlay 2023 MLS Regular Season Matches from Mac
1. Connect your Mac and Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible TV to the same WIFI network.
2. Open the standard privacy browser Safari on your Mac.
3. Visit the official website of Apple TV service (tv.apple.com/sports).
4. Click MLS Season Pass at the top and tap Sign in.
5. Sign in with your Apple ID and password to continue.
5. Play any match of your wish. If it starts playing, click the AirPlay icon.
Note: If the AirPlay icon is missing, tap the Control Center icon at the Mac menu bar and click Screen Mirroring from the options.
6. Choose your Apple TV or Smart TV name from the nearby connections.
Enjoy streaming the live MLS games on a big screen using AirPlay. Make sure to disable AirPlay on your Mac when you finish watching a match.
MLS 2023 Season Rules
- Major League Soccer (MLS) must follow the rules and standards of the International Football Association Board.
- If both teams have the same score within the match period, they will play the two full 5-minute periods.
- If they can’t judge the winner in the playoff, there will be a penalty shootout.
- The Disciplinary Committee will impose fines and penalties for players who don’t play the game within the grounded rules.
Major League Soccer (MLS) – Upcoming Matches
|D.C. vs New York||7:30 PM|
|Philadelphia vs Los Angeles FC||7:30 PM|
|New York City FC vs Toronto FC||7:30 PM|
|FC Cincinnati vs Charlotte FC||7:30 PM|
|Atlanta vs Montreal||7:30 PM|
|Chicago vs New England||8:30 PM|
|FC Dallas vs Columbus Crew||8:30 PM|
|Sporting KC vs Houston||8:30 PM|
|Minnesota vs St. Louis City||8:30 PM|
|Real Salt Lake vs Vancouver||9:30 PM|
|San Jose vs Nashville SC||10:30 PM|
|Portland vs Colorado||10:30 PM|
|Orlando City SC vs Inter Miami CF||7:30 PM|
|LA Galaxy vs Austin FC||9:30 PM|
|Philadelphia vs FC Dallas||7:30 PM|
|Colorado vs Vancouver||9:30 PM|
Frequently Asked Questions
AirPlay issue occurs if both devices are not connected to the same WiFi network. Also, update the Apple TV app and TV to the latest version.
Yes, all new subscribers can claim a 30-day free trial on the MLS Season Pass.