- Screen Mirroring Onn Roku TV:
- Screen Mirror from Android: Open the Notification Panel → select Cast or Smart View icon → Choose your Onn Roku TV → done.
- Screen Mirror from Windows: Switch on your Windows PC → launch the Windows Action Center → select Connect → choose your Onn Roku TV → start mirroring.
- Screen Mirror from iPhone/iPad/Mac: Go to the Control Center → hit the Screen Mirroring icon → choose your Onn Roku TV → start mirroring wirelessly.
- You can use the Roku official app to mirror your smartphone’s local storage content.
- You can use an HDMI cable to screen share the content to your Onn TV without using a WiFi network.
There may be situations where you need to screen mirror the smartphone or PC on your ONN Roku TV. Fortunately, ONN Roku TV has built-in support for screen mirroring Android, Windows, iPhone, and Mac devices.
At the same time, the process doesn’t require the installation of any third-party apps. So you can directly screen share your desired content from any device via WiFi. If you have issues with the WiFi, you can rely on external adapters and HDMI cables for screen mirroring.
Upon reading this article, you will know the different ways to screen mirror the smartphone on your ONN Smart TV with or without WiFi. We have also mentioned a few troubleshooting solutions to help you out when there is an issue with screen mirroring.
Screen Mirroring to Onn Roku TV from Android/Windows
Before screen mirroring to Onn Roku TV from Android or Windows, it is necessary to enable the Screen Mirroring option to get it done.
Enable Screen Mirroring on Onn Roku TV
1. Turn on your Onn Roku TV and press the Home button.
2. Go to the Settings menu. Click the System option.
3. Choose the Screen Mirroring option and hit the Screen Mirroring mode.
4. Select either the Prompt or Always Allow option to enable it.
Screen Mirror to Onn Roku TV from Android
1. Connect your Android and Onn Roku TV to a stable WiFi connection.
2. Swipe down the screen to bring the Notification Panel on your Android device.
3. Select the Cast or Smart View option and choose your Onn Roku TV from the list of nearby devices.
Now, you can screen mirror from Android to TV to watch your favorite content.
Screen Mirror to Onn Roku TV from Windows
1. Ensure your Windows PC and Onn Roku TV are connected to a standard WiFi network.
2. Go to the Windows Action Center by clicking its icon located in the taskbar.
3. Click the Connect option and wait for a few seconds.
4. Select your Onn Roku TV from the list of devices detected by your Windows PC.
The devices are now connected. You can start mirroring the desired content on the big screen.
Screen Mirroring to Onn Roku TV from iPhone/iPad/Mac
Enabling AirPlay is a must if you are using Apple devices to mirror the content on your Onn Roku TV.
Enable AirPlay on Onn Roku TV
1. Press the Home button.
2. Select the Settings menu and hit the Apple AirPlay and HomeKit option.
3. Click AirPlay to turn it on.
Once the AirPlay option has been enabled on your Onn Roku TV, you can start mirroring from iPhone to TV within seconds.
Screen Mirror to Onn Roku TV from iPhone/iPad
1. Unlock your iPhone/iPad using a passcode or face ID.
2. Ensure iPhone/iPad and Onn Roku TV are connected to the same WiFi.
3. Launch the Control Center on your iPhone/iPad and hit the Screen Mirroring icon.
4. Choose your Onn Roku TV from the popup menu.
Now, start playing your desired content and enjoy watching it on the big screen.
Screen Mirror to Onn Roku TV from Mac
1. Connect your Macbook and Onn Roku TV to the same WiFi network.
2. Go to the Control Center icon located in the menu bar and click on it.
3. Select the Screen Mirroring icon and choose your Onn Roku TV from the list of available devices.
Within a few seconds, the devices will get connected, and you can start mirroring from Mac to TV.
Screen Mirroring Onn Roku TV Using Roku Mobile App
The Roku mobile app is a simple application that can be used in multiple ways. You can use this application as a remote to control your Roku Smart TVs. With the help of this app, you can also mirror the content available on your local storage.
1. Install The Roku App (Official) on your smartphone and launch it.
2. Ensure the devices are connected to the same WiFi network with good bandwidth.
3. Tap the Devices option and select your Onn Roku TV to add it.
4. Now, select Media and choose any file from your device.
The chosen media file will start streaming on your Onn Roku TV.
Screen Mirroring to Onn Roku TV Without WiFi
If your device doesn’t have a built-in mirroring option, you can go for a wired connection to make it possible. To do this, you must buy a USB-C to HDMI adapter for Android and a Lightning to HDMI adapter for iPhone. While doing so, you can screen mirror without using a WiFi network.
1. Take an HDMI cable of good quality and connect one of its ends to the HDMI port of your Onn Roku TV.
2. Connect the other end of the cable to the adapter.
3. Now, plug in the USB-C or Lightning cable into the charger port of your smartphone.
4. Finally, change the source settings to HDMI on your Onn Roku TV to start mirroring its content on a bigger resolution.
How to Fix Screen Mirroring Not Working on Onn Roku TV
While screen mirroring the content to Onn Roku TV, the lagging issues are very common and can be sorted out within a few minutes. Go through the below steps and take the necessary action to get back on track.
- A strong internet connection is essential for screen-sharing. So try using a stable WiFi network to connect your Onn Roku TV and the other device.
- Check whether you have enabled the Screen Mirroring/AirPlay option on your Onn Roku TV.
- When Bluetooth and Screen Time are enabled, it will interrupt during the screen mirroring process. Disable them to stay away from signal interference.
- Go for a wired connection if you find your device is incompatible with screen mirroring.
- If none of the above methods work out, try restarting both devices to fix the unknown errors being responsible for screen mirroring not working.
Yes. You can screen mirror your Android phone/tablet to Onn TV by following the above steps.
If you are using an unstable WiFi network, you will face issues with your screen mirroring. Connect your devices to a strong WiFi network to get it rectified.