- Screen Mirroring iPhone to LG Smart TV using AirPlay
- Enable AirPlay on LG TV: Go to Home → select Settings → choose Apple Airplay and HomeKit → tap on AirPlay → turn On → start mirroring.
- Screen Mirror iPhone to LG TV: Go to Control Center → Click Screen Mirroring → Select the LG Smart TV→ mirror the content.
- Mirroring using Third-party Apps: Install the Screen Mirroring application on your iPhone and follow the prompts to screen mirror to your LG TV.
- Screen Mirror Without WiFi: You can connect your LG TV and iPhone using an HDMI cable and HDMI adapters to mirror the screen without WiFi.
Are you tired of watching your favorite content on a small iPhone screen? The days are no more if you have an LG smart TV with the AirPlay-2 feature. If your LG Smart TV is manufactured in 2018 or above, you can use the built-in AirPlay option to screen mirror from your iPhone without any hassle. Also, check the software version of your iPhone and make sure it’s running on iOS 11.4 and later before screen mirroring your iPhone to an LG TV.
As the LG Smart TV is running on webOS, you can’t sideload your favorite app that is unavailable on the LG Content Store. In that case, screen mirroring comes to the rescue. You can use the AirPlay mirroring feature or third-party mirroring apps to screen share the content to your LG Smart TV using an iPhone.
This article covers the possible methods to screen mirror your iPhone to an LG Smart TV with a step-by-step procedure.
AirPlay-2 Compatible LG Smart TV
The AirPlay 2 feature is only compatible with the below-mentioned LG Smart TVs:
|UR and NANO series
|UQ and NANO series
|UP and NANO series
|BX, CX, GX, WX, ZX, and RX series
|UN and NANO series
|B9, C9, E9, W9, and Z9 series
|UM and SM series
|B8, C8, E8, W8, and Z8 series
|UK and SK series
How to Screen Mirror iPhone to LG TV [AirPlay Mirroring]
AirPlay mirroring is the most convenient and straightforward method to screen share the content from the iPhone to your LG Smart TV.
Enabling Airplay on LG Smart TV
Before proceeding with screen mirroring on LG TV from your iPhone, make sure to enable the AirPlay option on your LG smart TV.
1. Power on your LG Smart TV and press the Home button on the remote control.
2. Click on the Home Dashboard on your LG TV.
3. Select the AirPlay option.
4. Now, click on the AirPlay and HomeKit Settings.
5. Click the AirPlay option and enable it.
Screen Mirror iPhone to LG TV
After enabling the AirPlay feature, you can follow the below prompts to mirror the content to your LG Smart TV using an iPhone.
1. Open the Control Center on your iPhone.
2. Now, Tap the Screen Mirroring icon.
3. Then, Select your LG TV from the list of available devices.
4. Enter the AirPlay Code displayed on your LG TV to confirm the connection.
Now, the entire content on your iPhone will be mirrored on your LG TV.
Screen Mirror to LG TV using Third-Party Apps
If your LG smart TV doesn’t support the AirPlay feature, you can install some of the best third-party screen mirroring apps for iPhones to proceed with screen mirroring. For LG Smart TV, we suggest you install the Screen Mirroring app for seamless mirroring without AirPlay.
1. Install the Screen Mirroring app on your iPhone from the App Store.
2. Then, ensure your iPhone and LG TVs are connected to the same WiFi network.
3. Now, open the Screen Mirroring app on your iPhone.
4. Select the option to open the QR Code scanner.
4. After that, Visit the official website of Screen Mirroring from a web browser on your LG TV.
5. Now, scan the QR Code displayed on your LG TV using the Screen Mirroring app.
6. After scanning the code, click on the Screen Mirror option on your iPhone.
7. Further, click the Start Broadcast option from the popup.
Finally, the entire iPhone’s screen will be mirrored to your LG Smart TV.
Note: After mirroring the screen, you can click Stop Broadcast to disable the screen mirroring option to stop sharing your personal information.
Screen Mirroring iPhone to LG TV without WiFi
Moreover, if you’re facing issues with screen mirroring from the iPhone to your LG Smart TV wirelessly, don’t worry. You can still use HDMI cables and HDMI lightning adapters to screen mirror without WiFi.
1. Take a HDMI cable of good quality.
2. Connect one end of the cable to the HDMI IN port of your LG TV.
3. After that, plug in the other end to the HDMI IN port of the lightning adapter.
3. Turn on your LG TV and switch to the HDMI input that corresponds with the port you connected the HDMI cable to.
4. Now, you can play your favorite content on your iPhone; the respective content will mirror on your LG TV.
Screen Mirroring iPhone to LG TV Not Working – Know the Causes & Fixes
The screen mirror will not work on your LG TV if there are any glitches and bugs affecting the WiFi network or the device. You can follow the below troubleshooting tips and tricks to fix the issue.
- Check the WiFi Network: Initially, check the WiFi network and make sure to connect both mirroring devices to the same internet.
- Restart Mirroring Devices: You can restart both iPhone and LG Smart TV to eliminate the bugs and glitches affecting the system.
- Bring the Device Closer: While screen mirroring wirelessly, make sure to keep the mirroring devices within 50 feet.
- Disable Bluetooth: Enabling the Bluetooth feature can cause issues with screen mirroring. So, we recommend turning off the Bluetooth option while mirroring.
Yes. AirPlay is supported on LG Smart TV models, which are manufactured from 2018 or later.
Yes. Use the AirPlay mirroring feature to screen mirror your iPhone to the LG smart TV for free.
Yes. As the LG Smart TV supports the AirPlay option, you don’t need an Apple TV for screen mirroring.
Check if the iPhone and LG have the desired volume level. Or unmute the TV to fix the sound issue while screen mirroring the iPhone to the LG TV.