- You can use AirPlay mirroring to screen mirror MacBook to your Smart TV effectively.
- AirPlay Mirroring MacBook to TV: Enable AirPlay on your TV → open your MacBook → connect devices to the same WiFi → click the Control Center icon → select Screen Mirroring → choose your smart TV → start mirroring.
- Mirroring using Third-Party Apps: Install the JustStream app on your MacBook to screen mirror to your TV easily.
- Screen Mirroring Without WiFi: Use the HDMI cables and respective adapters to screen mirror MacBook to TV without WiFi.
If you want to screen mirror your MacBook to TV, you have arrived at the right place. It is the same as screen mirroring iPad to TV. Recently, most people have preferred watching movies and TV shows through streaming services rather than traditional cable TV. However, you can screen mirror MacBook to TV to watch your favorite content on a bigger screen if it doesn’t support any particular app.
MacBooks have built-in AirPlay support, which helps in making screen mirroring quite simple. You can mirror your Macbook to a TV if the device is AirPlay-compatible. Else, you can use an HDMI cable. After enabling the AirPlay option, you can easily screen mirror any content from one Apple device to AirPlay-supported smart TVs.
Meanwhile, this article will guide you through all the possible ways to mirror your Mac devices to your TV effectively.
How to Enable AirPlay on Smart TV
Before screen mirroring from your MacBook, enable the AirPlay option on your smart TV. However, the procedure to enable the AirPlay feature will change according to each model.
Enabling AirPlay on Smart TVs
- Enabling AirPlay on Samsung TV: Open the Settings option → Select General → Choose Apple AirPlay Settings → AirPlay → Turn On.
- Turning On AirPlay on LG TV: Navigate to Home Dashboard → Select AirPlay → Turn on the AirPlay feature.
- Enabling AirPlay on Roku: Press the Home button on the Roku remote → Select Settings → Choose Apple AirPlay and HomeKit → AirPlay → Turn On.
- Enabling AirPlay on Fire TV: Press the Home button on the Fire TV remote → Select Settings → Choose the Display & Sounds option → Select Apple AirPlay & HomeKit → AirPlay → Turn On.
- Turning On AirPlay on Vizio TV: Power on Vizio TV → Select Extras → AirPlay Settings → AirPlay → Turn On.
After enabling the AirPlay option accordingly, you can opt for screen mirroring MacBook to Samsung TV, LG TV, Android TV, and other smart TVs.
How to Screen Mirror MacBook Using AirPlay Mirroring
You can wirelessly screen mirror your Mac to your TV using the AirPlay 2 feature. AirPlay on Mac lets you stream music, videos, photos, and even the entire MacBook screen to your smart TV.
1. The first step is to Enable the AirPlay option on your TV
2. Ensure your MacBook and TV are connected to the same WiFi.
3. Head to the Control Center in the top right corner of your MacBook.
4. Click the Screen Mirroring option.
5. Select your TV from the list of devices shown.
6. After that, enter the AirPlay code displayed on your TV screen.
6. Now, your MacBook screen will be displayed on your TV.
Screen Mirror MacBook to TV using Third-Party Apps
If your TV is incompatible with AirPlay support, you can download third-party mirroring apps to Screen mirror your MacBook to your TV. JustStream is one of the best screen mirroring apps to improve screen mirroring quality from Mac to TV.
1. Open your Mac and install the JustStream app from the App Store.
2. Once the download is completed, launch the JustStream app on your MacBook.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions to display the JustStream icon on the menu bar of your Mac
4. Click the AirPlay button on your Mac to choose your TV.
5. Select the Start Streaming option.
Now, you can screen mirror desired content from your Mac to your TV without interruptions.
How to Screen Mirror MacBook to TV With HDMI cables
The HDMI cable is the simpler method to mirror your MacBook to your TV. If your WiFi is unstable or inaccessible, you can use HDMI cables to screen mirror without WiFi from your Mac to your TV.
1. Fetch a HDMI cable.
2. Connect one end of the cable to the HDMI port of your MacBook and the other end to the input HDMI port of your TV.
3. Turn on your TV and change its input to HDMI, which you have connected now. If you have connected your cable to HDMI port 3, change your input to HDMI 3.
4. After turning on your MacBook, your MacBook screen will be displayed on your TV.
How to AirPlay MacBook to TV
Apps like Apple TV, Prime Video, and others have the built-in AirPlay feature. In such cases, you can easily AirPlay the specific content from your Mac to your TV.
1. Enable the AirPlay option on your Mac and Smart TV.
2. Make sure to connect both devices to the same WiFi.
3. Launch the AirPlay-supported app on your MacBook and play your favorite content.
4. After that, click the AirPlay icon on the playback screen.
5. Now, choose your Smart TV from the available devices and pair it up.
Finally, the respective content will be displayed on your Smart TV.
Yes. You can screen mirror your MacBook to TV using the AirPlay option or third-party screen mirroring apps.
Follow the below procedure to screen mirror your MacBook to Apple TV.
1. Ensure your MacBook and TV are connected to the same WiFi.
2. Select the Screen mirroring option from the Control Center of your MacBook.
3. Choose your Apple TV from the list of devices.
4. Enter the four-digit code on your MacBook if asked.
Your MacBook will now be mirrored to your Apple TV.
Only certain Sony models support AirPlay, so check if your Sony TV is compatible with AirPlay and then start screen mirroring your Mac to Sony TV.
1. Turn on the Sony TV and Mac.
2. Turn on AirPlay on Sony TV and Mac.
3. Select Sony Smart TV after clicking Screen Mirroring on Control Center.
4. Enter the AirPlay code and start screen mirroring.
The screen mirror will not work properly if there are any interruptions on the WiFi network. So, check the internet connection and ensure it’s connected to the same WiFi.