What We Know
- AirPlay from iOS: Open Twitter app → Go to Control Center → Screen Mirroring → Choose Apple TV → Enter AirPlay code → Watch Twitter on TV.
- AirPlay from Mac: Visit Twitter website → Open Control Center → Screen Mirroring → Select Apple TV → Watch Tweets on TV.
- AirPlay to Android TV: Install Twitter on iOS / Visit Twitter website on Mac → Control Center → Screen Mirroring → Choose Android TV → Stream Twitter on a big screen.
- AirPlay using HDMI: Open Twitter on iPhone → Connect the Lightning to Digital AV Adapter to your iPhone → Plug HDMI to the Adapter and HDMI port on TV → Go to Input Settings on TV → Select the HDMI port → View Tweets on TV.
Twitter is the trending social media platform where you receive real-time updates and news every day. Even though the inbuilt AirPlay feature is missing on Twitter, you can use screen mirroring to watch Twitter on TV from your Apple device. Hence, you can AirPlay tweets and videos to your Apple TV or other AirPlay 2-compatible TV. If your Smart TV is incompatible with AirPlay, you can still screen mirror Twitter by connecting an adapter and an HDMI cable to your iPhone and TV.
How to AirPlay Twitter from iPhone/iPad to Apple TV
AirPlay feature comes inbuilt on every Apple TV, but it is required to enable it every time you AirPlay content from an Apple device. Go to Settings > AirPlay & HomeKit Settings > Turn ON AirPlay.
1. Turn on your Apple TV and connect your iOS and Apple TV to the same WiFi network.
2. Install the Twitter app on your iPhone/iPad from the App Store or launch the app if you have pre-installed it.
3. Swipe down on your iOS device to open the Control Center.
4. Select the Screen Mirroring option and choose your Apple TV.
5. If prompted on your iOS device, enter the AirPlay code that appears on your TV.
Tip! Go to AirPlay & HomeKit Settings > Require code > First Time Only. You need not enter the AirPlay code often.
Launch the Twitter app on your iOS device and view it enhanced on your Apple TV. Once finished, don’t forget to turn off the AirPlay on your iPhone to stop screen mirroring your iPhone.
How to AirPlay Twitter from Mac to Apple TV
1. Turn on your Mac and Apple TV.
2. Ensure that your Mac and the Apple TV are connected to the same WiFi network.
3. Visit the Twitter official website on your Mac Safari browser.
4. Press FN + C to open the Control Center on your Mac.
5. Select the Screen Mirroring option and choose your Apple TV from the list of available devices.
That’s it. Watch Twitter’s daily feeds and videos on your Apple TV. To stop screen sharing, disable AirPlay on your Mac after use.
How to AirPlay Twitter from iOS or Mac to Android TV
1. Turn on your TV and enable AirPlay on Android TV.
2. Connect your Apple device and the Android TV to the same WiFi network.
3. Install and open the Twitter app on your iOS or visit the Twitter official website on your Mac.
4. Open Control Center on your Apple device.
5. Select the Screen Mirroring option and choose your Android TV from the list.
Once paired, watch tweets and videos on your Android TV.
How to AirPlay Twitter to Smart TV using HDMI
Alternatively, you can AirPlay Twitter to your Smart TV which is not AirPlay supported using the Lightning to Digital AV Adapter and the HDMI cable.
1. Connect the Lightning to Digital AV Adapter to the charging port of your iPhone.
2. Plug one end of the HDMI cable into the Adapter connected to your iPhone.
3. Plug the other end into the HDMI port on your Smart TV.
4. Go to Source Settings on your TV and choose the HDMI port to which you just plugged in the cable.
5. Launch the Twitter app on your iOS device and stream it on your Smart TV.
Twitter AirPlay Not Working: Causes and Fixes
At times, some faulty functions would block Twitter AirPlay on your Smart TV. It may have several reasons why AirPlay won’t work on your Smart TV. Here are some troubleshooting tricks to solve it.
- AirPlay Incompatibility: Check whether your Smart TV is AirPlay supported on the AirPlay compatible devices webpage.
- Signal Blockage: Remove the obstacles that block the AirPlay signal between your Apple device and the Smart TV.
- Poor Internet Connection: Check your network speed and stability and restart your WiFi router.
- Temporary Malfunctions: Restart your iOS or Mac and the Smart TV.
- Outdated Firmware: Update the Apple device and the Smart TV Firmware.
- Airplane Mode: Turn off the Airplane mode as it may disable your WiFi and the Mobile Hotspot on your iOS device.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can use a split screen with AirPlay and access both on different devices. To enable this feature on your Apple TV, go to System Preferences > Display > Arrangement. Uncheck the check box for Mirroring Displays.