X, formerly known as Twitter, has gained several new features in the last few months. In July 2023, Twitter added AirPlay support to the app. With the help of this feature, one can AirPlay the Twitter videos from the iPhone/iPad to the Apple TV or AirPlay 2-enabled TV. Those using a Mac can AirPlay the videos with the built-in screen mirroring. In this guide, we have explained the procedure for both devices in detail.
Note: Those finding WiFi connectivity issues can rely on the Digital AV adapter to screen mirror Twitter videos on the TV.
How to AirPlay Twitter Videos Using iPhone and iPad
Before jumping into the steps, turn on AirPlay on Apple TV. If you’re an Android TV user, you must turn on the AirPlay on Android TV. On the other hand, connect your iPhone and Apple TV or AirPlay 2 compatible smart TV to the same WiFi network.
1. Install the X app from the App Store on your device.
2. Next, open the X app and sign in with the login credentials with a valid subscription.
3. Once the home screen appears, play any video you want to stream.
4. When it starts playing, click the AirPlay icon at the bottom.
5. It will search for nearby devices. Select your AirPlay 2-enabled Smart TV or Apple TV from the available devices.
6. If prompted, enter the AirPlay Code displayed on the TV screen.
Once you have finished streaming, turn off AirPlay on your iPhone to stop sharing the screen with your Apple TV/Smart TV.
How to AirPlay Twitter Using Mac
1. Connect your AirPlay 2 compatible smart TV or Apple TV and Mac to the same WiFi network.
2. Visit the X official website and log into your account.
3. Now, select and play the video you want to stream.
4. While playing, click the Control Center icon and select the Screen Mirroring option.
5. Select your TV name from the list of devices.
6. Now, it will play the selected video on your TV screen.
You can stop AirPlay on your Mac when you finish streaming Twitter on your TV.
Note: If you have installed the Twitter app on your Mac, you can directly stream videos to Apple TV by tapping the AirPlay icon.
How to AirPlay Twitter Without WiFi
This method requires an HDMI cable, a Lightning Digital AV Adapter for iPhone, and a USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter for MacBook.
1. Connect the Digital AV Adapter to the power source using the USB-C power cable.
2. Now, connect the Digital AV Adapter to the charging port on your Mac and iPhone.
3. Connect the HDMI cable from the adapter to the TV.
4 Now, change the input on your TV to view your iPhone/Mac’s screen.
5. Finally, play the Twitter content to stream it on your smart TV.
If it shows a black screen on Twitter, it may have corrupted cache files within the app. In this case, you should uninstall and reinstall the app to clear the cache.