What We Know
- AirPlay WhatsApp from iPhone: Connect iPhone & TV to same WiFi → Launch WhatsApp → Sign in → Go to Control Centre → Click Screen Mirroring → Select your TV → Start Accessing.
- AirPlay WhatsApp from Mac: Connect Mac & TV to the same internet → Open a browser → Visit WhatsApp website → Select WhatsApp Web → Control Centre → Tap Screen Mirroring → Choose your TV → View WhatsApp on TV.
As WhatsApp does not support the AirPlay feature, you can screen mirror your iPhone or Mac to the Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible Smart TV. By screen mirroring, you can view chats, media files, and video calls from WhatsApp on a big screen. In this article, you will learn how to screen mirror WhatsApp from an Apple device to an Apple TV or Smart TV.
How Useful is WhatsApp When You AirPlay
- You can stream the photos and videos wirelessly on a big screen.
- Have an enhanced view of your chats on your TV.
- It is used as a great tool to present your documented work and explain it on your big screen.
- Connect with your friends or family via video call and watch it on your TV.
- Play audio files and listen to them on the TV-connected speakers.
How to AirPlay WhatsApp from iPhone
Simply follow the steps below to AirPlay WhatsApp on your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible TV from your iPhone.
 Ensure that your TV and iPhone are connected to the same WiFi network.
 Enable the AirPlay option on your TV (Settings > AirPlay and HomeKit > Turn on AirPlay).
 Launch WhatsApp on your iPhone. Get it from the App Store if you haven’t installed it.
 Sign in with your mobile number on WhatsApp.
 Select the Screen Mirroring icon from the Control Center of your iPhone.
 Click on your TV name from the available devices.
You are now ready to view WhatsApp on your TV via AirPlay.
Note: To watch high-quality video calls, you can AirPlay Skype to the TV from iOS & Mac.
How to AirPlay WhatsApp from Mac
 Ensure your TV and Mac are connected to the same WIFI.
 Tap AirPlay on your TV (Settings > AirPlay and Homekit > Turn on AirPlay).
 Open your preferred web browser on your Mac.
 Type the URL of WhatsApp’s official website in the URL text box.
 Select the WhatsApp Web option from the upper panel of the WhatsApp Home page.
 Just follow the procedure on the WhatsApp Web to log into your WhatsApp account.
 Tap the Control Centre icon at the top menu bar and select the Screen Mirroring option.
 Select your TV when the scanning is complete.
 You can now view WhatsApp on your TV.
Note: Don’t forget to turn off AirPlay on your Mac if it is not in use.
How to Fix AirPlay Not Working on WhatsApp
If AirPlay is not working on WhatsApp, try these solutions to fix it instantly.
- Make sure you have a strong, stable, and faster internet connection.
- Keep your TV and iPhone/Mac close to each other and WIFI.
- Disconnect other devices using the same WIFI.
- Update your TV, Mac, iPhone, and WhatsApp to the latest software versions.
- Clear cache files on your TV and WhatsApp.
- Reinstall WhatsApp on your Apple device.
- Check if WhatsApp has a server outage and wait for the problem to resolve.
Note: If necessary, check our guide to AirPlay Instagram Live to a TV using the screen mirroring feature on an iPhone.
Yes. It is possible to AirPlay WhatsApp video calls to an Apple TV or AirPlay-compatible TV. You need to keep your phone closer to the TV for clear video and audio.
Yes. Install WhatsApp Business on your iPhone from the App Store. Use your iPhone’s built-in screen mirroring feature to preview WhatsApp Business on a big screen.