Vizio Soundbar is one of the best AirPlay-compatible soundbars preferred by most users for home entertainment. You can easily AirPlay music to Vizio Soundbar from your Apple device to Apple TV or AirPlay 2 compatible TV. A powerful subwoofer stretches the audio all around you when you watch a movie and makes you feel like you’re in the middle of the action. You can install any music app on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac to AirPlay the audio to the Vizio Soundbar.
How to Set Up VIZIO Mobile App on iPhone/iPad
You can control your Vizio SmartCast devices using your iPhone/ iPad running iOS 13.0 or higher.
1. Get the VIZIO Mobile app on your iPhone or iPad from the App Store.
2. Open the VIZIO Mobile app on your iOS device.
3. If you are an existing user Sign in with your login credentials or Sign in with Google.
4. If you are a new Vizio customer Create a new account.
5. You will be then prompted to get started, click on the Vizio Soundbar in the list of available devices to pair with.
6. Once you have selected the soundbar, you will be asked to press a Button on the Soundbar to confirm the synchronization.
Tip: Similarly, you need to set up your Bose Soundbar using the Bose Music app to AirPlay to Bose Soundbar and stream your favorite songs.
How to Connect Vizio Soundbar to WiFi
1. Plug your Vizio Soundbar into an electrical outlet and power it on by holding the Soundbar Power button.
2. Download the VIZIO Mobile app on your iPhone or iPad from the App Store.
3. Press the Menu button on the soundbar remote.
4. Scroll down using the Arrow keys to set up WiFi and press the Play/Pause button to select it.
5. The LED light flashes on the soundbar when it’s in Wi-Fi pairing mode.
6. Open the VIZIO Mobile app and follow the on-screen instructions mentioned above.
7. Add your Vizio Soundbar to the list of devices.
8. Now, your Vizio soundbar will be successfully connected to WiFi.
Note: Apart from the soundbar, you can also AirPlay to Vizio Smart TV using Apple devices,
How to AirPlay Music from iPhone or iPad to Vizio Soundbar
You may need to download any Music app on your iOS device to AirPlay it to the Vizio Soundbar. Make sure that the music app supports the AirPlay feature natively.
1. Connect your iOS device and the Vizio Soundbar to the same WiFi network.
2. Launch any Music app on your iPhone or iPad and play the song. Here I am choosing Apple Music.
3. Tap the AirPlay icon at the bottom center of the media player.
4. Select your Vizio Soundbar from the list of available devices.
Now, listen to the songs on your Vizio Soundbar. If required, you can turn off AirPlay on your iPhone to disconnect the wireless streaming.
How to AirPlay Music from Mac to Vizio Soundbar
1. Connect your Mac and Vizio Soundbar to the same WiFi network.
2. Open your preferred Music app on your Mac device.
3. Tap on the AirPlay icon on the Mac menu bar.
4. From the menu, select your Vizio Soundbar device from the list of available devices.
5. Play any music on your Mac and listen to it on your Vizio Soundbar.
Note: If you have finished wireless streaming, you can turn off AirPlay on your Mac.
How to AirPlay Music from Apple TV or Android TV to Vizio Soundbar
Make sure to enable AirPlay on Android TV or Apple TV before proceeding with the steps.
1. Power on your Apple TV or Android TV and connect it to a stable Wi-Fi network.
2. Install and launch your favorite Music app on your Apple TV or Android TV.
3. Play any Song from the app which you wish to hear on your soundbar.
4. Tap the AirPlay icon on the media screen and choose Vizio Soundbar from the available devices.
Alternatively, you can also use an HDMI cable to connect your Apple TV or Android TV to your Vizio Soundbar and listen to songs on Vizio Soundbar.
How to Fix Vizio Soundbar AirPlay Not Working
Sometimes, the soundbar may fail to connect, the sound is lower than the normal range, suddenly turns off, or static noise will occur. In such cases, you troubleshoot it with the fixes listed below.
- Check your Network Strength and Speed and switch on to a stable network.
- Ensure that your AirPlay device and the soundbar are connected to the same WiFi network.
- Restart your AirPlay devices and the Vizio Soundbar.
- Update the firmware of your AirPlay device and the Vizio Soundbar.
- If you’re using an HDMI connection, restart by unplugging it and plugging it back again.
- Ensure that AirPlay and the Vizio Soundbar are in close range to avoid signal blockage.
1. Check the HDMI cord and port.
2. Update the firmware of the Soundbar.
3. Change the audio output on your connected device.
4. Power cycle the Soundbar.
As a first fix ensure there are no obstructions, switch to a wired connection if possible, and reset the soundbar. Sometimes overworking might collapse your soundbar so cool it down to fix your speaker problem.
Yes, you can connect your Vizio Soundbar to your TV using a USB cable.