What We Know
- Enable AirPlay on Philips Roku TV: Press the Home button > Settings > Apple AirPlay and Homekit > Enable AirPlay.
- Using Screen Mirror: Connect TV and iPhone or Mac on same WIFI > Control Center > Screen Mirroring > Select Philips TV > Done.
- Using HDMI Adapter: Connect lightning port to iPhone > Plug one end of HDMI to TV > Connect another end to the adapter > Play content on iPhone > Stream on TV.
- You can also use a third-party app to screen mirror your iPhone or Mac to Philips TV.
Wondering how to AirPlay the content on Philips TV? Fortunately, Philips Roku TVs have a built-in AirPlay 2 feature with which you can stream photos, videos, or other media content on your Apple device. Nevertheless, some Philips TVs don’t have the AirPlay feature. For such modes, you can use a third-party app or Lightning to Digital AV adapter and HDMI cable to mirror the content.
How to Enable AirPlay on Philips Roku TV
For all Roku TV models, you can use the same steps to enable AirPlay on Roku TV.
1. Press the Home button on your Roku TV remote.
2. Scroll down and click on the Settings option.
3. Select the Apple AirPlay and Homekit under the Settings section.
4. Then choose the Airplay option and enable it to AirPlay the content on Philips TV.
How to AirPlay to Philips Smart TV
Even if your Philips Smart TV is incompatible with AirPlay, there is nothing to worry about. The following are the possible ways to mirror content from your iPhone.
- Using Screen Mirroring
- Using a Third-Party App
- Via HDMI Adapter
How to AirPlay to Philips TV Using Screen Mirroring
Based on the following devices, you can use screen mirroring on your Apple device to watch content on Philips TV.
1. Turn ON your Philips TV and make sure that the TV and your iPhone are connected under the same WiFi network.
2. Go to the Control Center of your iPhone/iPad and click the Screen Mirroring option.
3. You will get to see the available device near your iPhone.
4. Now, go ahead and click on Philips TV from the list, then you will witness screen mirroring in a few seconds.
By doing so, you can AirPlay iOS devices on Philips TV without using a third-party application.
Tips: Once you are done sharing the screen, ensure to turn off the AirPlay on your iPhone.
1. Connect your Mac and Philips TV on the same WiFi netwrok.
2. Launch the Control Center on the Mac device.
3. Tap on the Screen Mirroring option.
4. Select your Philips TV from the list of devices.
5. Then the AirPlay code will be displayed on your TV.
6. Enter the AirPlay code on your Mac device and you can AirPlay the Mac content.
Note: When you have finished watching, don’t forget to turn off AirPlay on your Mac.
How to AirPlay to Philips TV Using Third-Party Apps
Not all the models of Philips TV available on the market are likely to have native AirPlay. So, moving on with third-party apps is not a bad idea. In addition, a few free applications pave the way to mirror your iPhone’s screen on smart TVs, and these are available on the internet for free of cost.
1. Install the MirrorMeister app on your iPhone from the App Store.
2. Once downloaded, open the app and select the Search for TVs option.
3. Wait for the app to detect Philips Smart TV, and then click on it.
4. Now click Start Mirroring and then click on Start Broadcast, which in turn initiates AirPlay on Philips TV.
The ApowerMirror is a perfect application for screen sharing any media files from an iPhone to Philips TV. Unlike other apps, it won’t compromise the video quality while AirPlay.
1. Install the ApowerMirror App from the App Store for your iPhone.
2. Connect your PC to Philips smart TV using an HDMI cable and switch the TV source to HDMI mode.
3. Tap on the Mirror button on your iPhone and connect to the PC from the list of nearby devices.
4. Now, click on the Screen Mirroring option from the control center on your iPhone.
5. Finally, tap on the PC from the list of devices and start to screen mirror contents to the TV.
The first application allows users to stream audio directly to the PC. The only factor is that to screen share, both the iPhone and the Philips TV must have this app.
1. Install the AirServer app on your iPhone and Philips TV from the App Store and Play Store.
2. On the iPhone’s Control Center, tap on the Screen Mirroring option.
3. Scroll down to select the Philips TV from the list of devices and enjoy the screen mirroring.
How to AirPlay to Philips TV Using HDMI Adapter
If you are facing issues connecting the Apple devices wirelessly, there are alternative options to using an external HDMI cable and Lightning to Digital AV adapter.
1. Get the HDMI cable that is available online, and connect the iPhone to the lightning port.
2. Connect one end of the HDMI cable to the adapter and the other end to the Apple TV.
3. Next, turn on the iOS device, and the screen will be shared on the Philips TV.
How to Fix AirPlay Not Working on Philips TV
Sometimes, you may face issues like lagging, buffering, or black screen problems, no need to worry. Therefore, you can try the troubleshooting methods to fix the issue although screen mirroring is not working on Philips TV.
- Check that your iOS/Mac and Philips TV are connected to the same WiFi network.
- Reset the Network connection on your router and iOS device.
- Ensure that your TV is compatible with the Airplay feature.
- Update the firmware of Philips TV and Apple device to the latest version.
- Disable the Firewall settings on the Mac device that restrict the Airplay feature.
- Restart your iOS or Mac device and Philips TV which clears the temporary bugs.
- If the above methods failed to resolve then you can reset your Philips TV.
Some latest versions of Philips TV are compatible after a software update. But most models of Philips TV available on the market do not have AirPlay. However, you can make use of a reliable third-party app to screen mirror your iPhone.
If your Smart TV is not discoverable as it was idle for a long time, kindly restart both your phone and the TV and try again. First, make sure that the devices are compatible, and ensure that they are connected to the same WiFi network.
No, it is not possible to AirPlay the content with the USB. But you can use the Lightning to AV adapter and HDMI cable to screen share the content.