YouTube TV is one of the best AirPlay-supported streaming services that allows you to watch 90+ live TV channels and tons of VOD content with premium streaming quality. By using the Airplay icon available on the YouTube TV app, you can easily cast the in-app content from your iPhone, iPad, and Mac to Apple and AirPlay 2 compatible TVs. Since it is a geo-restricted streaming service, you can access its content only from the US. From this article, you will learn the possible ways to AirPlay YouTube TV from your iPhone, iPad, and Mac to the Apple or AirPlay-compatible TV.
Note: Those finding WiFi connectivity issues can rely on the Digital AV adapter to screen mirror YouTube TV.
How to AirPlay YouTube TV Using iPhone and iPad
Before jumping into the steps, turn on AirPlay on Apple TV. If you’re an Android TV user, you must turn on the AirPlay on Android TV. On the other hand, connect your iPhone and Apple TV or AirPlay 2 compatible smart TV to the same WiFi network.
1. Install the YouTube TV app from the App Store on your device.
2. Next, open the YouTube TV app and sign in with the login credentials with a valid subscription.
3. Once the home screen appears, click on the title you want to stream.
4. When it starts playing, click the AirPlay icon at the top.
5. It will search for nearby devices. Select your AirPlay 2-enabled Smart TV or Apple TV from the available devices.
6. If prompted, enter the AirPlay Code displayed on the TV screen.
Once you have finished streaming, disable AirPlay on your iPhone to stop sharing the screen with your Apple TV/Smart TV.
How to AirPlay YouTube TV Using Mac
1. Connect your AirPlay 2 compatible smart TV or Apple TV and Mac to the same WiFi network.
2. Visit the YouTube TV official website and log into your account.
3. Once you see the library, select a movie or a TV show you want to stream.
4. While playing, click the Control Center icon and select the Screen Mirroring option.
5. Select your TV name from the list of devices.
6. Now, it will play the selected video on your TV screen.
You can stop AirPlay on your Mac when you finish streaming YouTube TV on your TV.
How to AirPlay YouTube TV Without WiFi
This method requires an HDMI cable, a Lightning Digital AV Adapter for iPhone, and a USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter for MacBook.
1. Connect the Digital AV Adapter to the power source using the USB-C power cable.
2. Now, connect the Digital AV Adapter to the charging port on your Mac and iPhone.
3. Connect the HDMI cable from the adapter to the TV.
4 Now, change the input on your TV to view your iPhone/Mac’s screen.
5. Finally, play the YouTube TV content to stream it on your smart TV.
How to Fix AirPlay Not Working With the YouTube TV App
Currently, many users have complained that YouTube TV AirPlay is not working on their Smart TV. They may face issues like the app crashing out suddenly, an audio block, or the AirPlay icon missing on the app. The possible reasons for these errors could be the outdated app, poor internet connection, or signal blockage.
To resolve these issues, we recommend some simple troubleshooting solutions.
- Restart your WiFi router
- Update the YouTube TV app
- Move your AirPlay-connected devices to a closer distance.
Still not working? Then, you can contact YouTube TV’s customer support team to resolve the problem.
If it shows a black screen on YouTube TV, it may have corrupted cache files within the app. In this case, you should uninstall and reinstall the app to clear the cache.
You can watch YouTube TV on up to three devices simultaneously.