What We Know
- On iOS – Install App → Login App → Choose content → Tap AirPlay icon → Enter Code → Screen Content.
- On Mac – Enable AirPlay → Open Browser → Tap Update → Login Account → Go to Control Center → Tap AirPlay Icon → Select Device → Stream Content
Funimation is an anime-based streaming platform where you can watch anime movies and series. It also offers online games based on the Anime series characters, which are available in the stores of many devices, including the Play Store, App Store, PlayStation Store, and Nintendo eShop. If you use an Apple TV of the 2nd & 3rd generation, you can AirPlay Funimation and watch the content on the big screen. Moreover, you can install the Funimation app on Apple TV (3rd & 4th gen), Android TV, Fire TV, Samsung TV, Kindle, Roku, Xbox One, Chromecast, and Play Station 4.
First, enable AirPlay on the Apple TV (Settings → AirPlay and HomeKit settings → Turn on AirPlay). Then, connect the Apple TV and AirPlay device to the same WiFi network to stream the content.
How to AirPlay Funimation From iPhone/iPad to Apple TV
1. Ensure the Funimation app is installed on your iPhone/iPad from the App Store. You can update the app to the latest version to fix the bugs and avoid issues during the AirPlay.
2. Launch and log in to the Funimation app (If needed).
3. Tap any content, whether it can be movies or series, and start playing it.
4. Now, click the AirPlay icon on the media player and tap on your Apple TV.
5. If it is the first time, you will be asked to enter the code visible on the TV.
6. Once the code is entered, your iPhone/iPad will be connected and starts streaming on the big screen. Ensure to disable the AirPlay on your iPhone when you are done streaming the anime content.
If the AirPlay feature is troubling to stream the content, you can screen mirror Funimation from your device.
1. Launch the Funimation and play content of your choice.
2. Go to the Control Center and tap the Screen Mirroring icon.
3. Select the Apple TV, enter the AirPlay code, and it starts playing the content.
Note: You can AirPlay or Screen mirror the platform by installing third-party apps such as AirBeam TV, etc.
Steps to AirPlay Funimation From Mac to Apple TV
As there is no desktop app for Funimation, you can access the platform from the browser. Also, make sure you have turned on AirPlay on your Mac.
1. Go to the browser, and visit the official site of Funimation.
2. Log In to the platform using the credentials.
3. Start playing the content and click the AirPlay icon in the Control Center.
4. Click the Apple TV and pair it.
5. Once the devices are connected, the content will start streaming on your Apple TV.
After streaming the content, turn off AirPlay on your Mac to avoid connecting to other devices.
AirPlay Funimation on Android TV
1. Enable AirPlay on your Android TV.
2. Start playing the content from any device (It can iPhone, iPad, or Mac).
3. Select the Apple TV, enter the code, and pair the devices.
4. Once paired, you can watch your favorite content on Funimation on your Android TV.
Funimation offers two kinds of subscription plans Premium ($7.99/mon) and Premium Plus ($9.99/mon). You can subscribe to a plan to get benefits such as ad-free streaming, offline watching, and streaming anywhere & anytime.