If the AirPlay feature is not working on your Hisense Smart TV, you can’t stream content from your Apple device (iPhone or Mac). If AirPlay is slow or gets disconnected from Hisense TV, there may be numerous reasons behind it. However, you can fix the issue on your Hisense TV by following the appropriate diagnosing methods. These methods apply to all Hisense TV models, irrespective of the OS, such as Roku, Android, Fire, and VIDAA.
Reasons for AirPlay Not Working on Hisense TV
If you can’t AirPlay to Hisense TV, it is due to the following reasons.
- Poor or unstable internet.
- Hisense TV is incompatible with AirPlay.
- Obstacles between the TV and the Apple device.
- When the AirPlay device is far from the Hisense Smart TV.
- AirPlay may not be turned on your TV.
- Outdated Hisense TV firmware.
- If you enabled a VPN connection or if Airplane mode is turned on.
- If both devices aren’t connected to the same WiFi network.
How to Fix AirPlay Not Working on Hisense TV
If the AirPlay feature is not functioning on your Hisense TV, don’t panic. The problems can be fixed easily with workarounds.
- Check your internet connection
- Update the firmware of your Hisense TV
- Reboot Hisense Smart TV
- Bring the AirPlay device near Hisense TV
- Turn on the AirPlay Homekit feature
- Reset your Hisense TV to the factory settings
- Check your TV is compatible with the AirPlay feature
#1. Check your Internet Connection
The internet connection plays a major role when you want AirPlay on any streaming device, including Hisense TV. If the internet connection is slow, the content on your device may automatically get buffered. You can restart your WIFI router if your internet connection always gets down.
If you have not connected Hisense TV and Apple devices to the same WIFI network, the AirPlay on your device will not function properly. Make sure to connect your TV and iOS/Mac to the same WIFI connection.
FYI: If you don’t want to rely on an internet connection, you can AirPlay Without WiFi using an appropriate adapter and HDMI cable.
#2. Keep the AirPlay Device Closer to Hisense TV
If your iPhone or Mac is far away from the Hisense Smart TV, you can’t be able to AirPlay the desired content. In these scenarios, we suggest you keep your Apple device closer in contact with Hisense TV to avoid delays in mirroring. In addition, staying away from Hisense TV also has a higher chance of obstacles. Therefore, when you begin AirPlay, the device should stay closer to the TV.
#3. Update Hisense TV Firmware
Outdated firmware can make lots of errors in your TV. Updating the TV firmware will automatically fix the problems faced in the last update and help your TV to work properly. If AirPlay not working on Hisense Roku TV or any other software issues, updating the software will fix the issue.
- To update your Hisense TV, go to Settings → Support → System Update → Check Firmware Update → If your TV finds any update, it will update automatically.
#4. Turn On AirPlay Homekit
If the AirPlay gets interrupted abruptly, check if the AirPlay Homekit feature is turned on. Sometimes the temporary bugs on your TV will not allow the AirPlay to function correctly, or you may have disabled the AirPlay Homekit feature.
- To check or enable the AirPlay Homekit feature on your Hisense TV, press the Home button on your remote → Settings → Apple AirPlay and HomeKit → Turn on the AirPlay.
#5. Restart Hisense Smart TV
If AirPlay is not showing your Hisense TV name on your iPhone or Mac, you can reboot your Hisense TV to fix the issue. Rebooting Hisense TV will make the device refreshed and can pave the way to be visible while scanning for devices. Moreover, rebooting will also fix the AirPlay black screen issue on Hisense TV. If restarting doesn’t fix the issue, you can move to the next step.
#6. Reset Hisense TV to Factory Settings
Resetting your device is the best way to fix all the temporary bugs on your TV. Sometimes it may fix the AirPlay issue on your TV. Keep in mind, after the factory reset, it will restore the Hisense TV to its defaults.
- To reset your Hisense TV AirPlay model, press the Home button on your remote → Settings → System → Advanced System Settings → Factory Reset → Factory reset everything.
Note: Meanwhile, you shall learn the fixes that will help resolve the AirPlay Keeps Disconnecting issue.
#7. Check TV is AirPlay Compatible
Not all Hisense TVs come up with the built-in AirPlay feature. Only some of the Hisense TVs have native AirPlay 2 support. If your Hisense TV is incompatible with AirPlay, it will not support wireless streaming. Here is a list of AirPlay-enabled Hisense TV models.
- Some of the new models of Hisense Android TV.
- Hisense Roku TV R6 series.
- Hisense Roku TV R7 series.
- Hisense Roku TV R8 series.
Frequently Asked Questions
To use AirPlay on my Hisense Vidaa TV, connect your Hisense TV and iOS to the same WIFI → Go to the Control Center on your iOS → Tap Screen Mirroring → Select your Hisense TV → Start Mirroring.
Not all Hisense TVs are compatible with the AirPlay feature. Only some of the Hisense TVs are compatible with AirPlay.
To turn on AirPlay on Hisense Roku TV, head to Settings → Apple AirPlay and Homekit → AirPlay → Turn on.
Yes. By enabling screen mirroring on Hisense TV, you can mirror the desired media content from your iPhone.