What We Know
- Using Mirroring360: Install Mirroring 360 extension on Mac → Install Mirroring360 Receiver on Chromebook → Launch Chrome browser on Mac → Click Mirroring360 icon → Cast Desktop/tab → Enter code → Mirror Chromebook to Mac.
- Via AirDroid Cast: Install AirDroid Cast app on iOS → Open Chrome on Chromebook → Visit AirDroid website → Note the code → Open AirDroid Cast app on iOS → Enter/Scan code → Mirror iOS to Chromebook.
- Using Letsview: Install Letsview app on iOS and Chromebook→ Open it on iOS → AirPlay Mirroring/Screen Mirroring → Letsview → Allow mirror to Chromebook.
- Using Vysor: Download Vysor on Chromebook and iPhone → Connect iPhone to Chromebook with USB cable → Tap Record on the Vysor app (iPhone) → Select Vysor → Start Broadcast.
- Via Ditto Receiver/Connect: Install Ditto Connect/Receiver on Apple TV & Chromebook→ Open the app on Apple TV → Note the code → Enter the code on Chromebook → Connect → Click Start Sharing → Choose Share.
Chromebook is one of the devices which is not compatible with the AirPlay-2 feature. However, if you wish to Airplay content from Apple devices to Chromebook, you must depend on third-party applications.
You can screen mirror your entire iPhone or Mac device or share a particular content to your Chromebook. Upon screen sharing, we will also guide you to screen mirror your Chromebook to your Apple TV or AirPlay-2 compatible Smart TV.
In this article, you will learn how to screen mirror your Apple devices to Chromebook using the best handpicked and affordable third-party apps.
How to AirPlay Mac to Chromebook using Mirroring360
Before you begin, ensure to purchase a valid subscription to access Mirroring360. The standard license costs $11.99/month, whereas the Pro subscription costs $29.99/year. Connect your Mac and Chromebook to the same WiFi network and follow these steps.
1. Download and install the Mirroring360 Sender for Chrome extension on your Mac.
2. Next, install the Mirroring360 receiver on Chromebook as a DMG file.
3. Open Google Chrome on your Mac and tap the Mirroring360 icon at the top right corner.
4. Select if you want to Cast the Entire Desktop or only the Current Browser tab.
5. Enter the 9-digit code displayed on your Chromebook device. Then tap Enter.
Note: Instead of entering the code, you can also tap on your Chromebook name to connect.
6. Once connected your Mac device will be entirely mirrored to your Chromebook.
How to AirPlay iPhone to Chromebook using AirDroid Cast
If you want to connect your iPhone to Chromebook in a single click without using USB, this method is for you.
1. At first, connect your iPhone to the same WiFi network as your Chromebook.
2. Install the AirDroid Cast app on your iPhone from the App Store.
3. Launch Google Chrome on your Chromebook and visit webcast.airdroid.com.
4. A QR code will be generated with a 9-digit code. Note it down.
5. Open the AirDroid Cast app on your iPhone.
6. Next, enter the 9-digit code or simply scan the QR code.
That’s it. Your iPhone screen will be mirrored to Chromebook.
How to Mirror iPhone/iPad to Chromebook using Letsview
Letsview is a popular AirPlay app to screen mirror iPhones or iPad for free.
1. Initially, go to letsview.com/ios-app from your iPhone to download and install the app.
2. Visit letsview.com on your Chromebook and install the ChromeOS app.
3. Then connect your iPhone to the same WiFi network as your Chromebook.
4. Now, open the Letsview app on your Chromebook and iPhone.
5. On your iPhone, click on AirPlay Mirroring or Screen Mirroring.
6. Select Letsview to mirror your iPhone or iPad to your Chromebook.
How to Screen Mirror iPhone to Chromebook With USB
iPhone has limitations and you can’t directly screen mirror it to your Chromebook with USB. Therefore, you need the support of a third-party application.
1. Install the Vysor app on your iPhone from the App Store.
2. Simultaneously, download the Vysor software on your Chromebook.
3. Launch the Vysor app on your iPhone and Chromebook and allow the necessary permissions.
4. Connect the iPhone and Chromebook using a USB Type-C cable.
5. Tap the Circular button on the app to initiate screening.
6. Select Vysor from the choices and tap Start Broadcast.
7. Once connected, you can see the iPhone screen on your Chromebook.
How to AirPlay Chromebook to Apple TV
You can screen mirror your Chromebook to Apple TV with third-party apps support, such as Ditto Connect. To begin with, you need to install Ditto Connect on your Apple TV from App Store and on your Chromebook from Chrome Web Store.
1. Connect Chromebook and Apple TV to the same WiFi network.
2. Get Ditto Connect/Receiver on your Chromebook and Apple TV.
3. Open the Ditto Receiver application on Apple TV and you can see the code displayed on the screen.
4. Head to the Ditto Connect extension on your Chromebook and enter the code.
5. Click Connect to pair the devices and tap Start Sharing. Then hit the Share button.
6. To stop sharing, click Stop Sharing to disconnect.
Frequently Asked Questions
Mirroring360, Airdroid Cast, Letsview, and AirServer Connect are the best AirPlay apps for Chromebook.
Yes. Download and install the AirServer app on your Mac. Connect your Apple TV to the same WIFI network as your Mac. Then click the AirPlay icon on your Mac. Choose your Apple TV from the list of AirServer receivers.