Do you face streaming issues when you AirPlay Disney Plus? We have a solution for you. It is a common error and it can be rectified with some workarounds. It mainly happens due to poor network connectivity, server outages, or if the device is incompatible. In this article, you will learn the troubleshooting methods to fix the AirPlay not working issue on the Disney Plus app.
Possible Reasons for AirPlay Not Working on Disney Plus
- Using outdated Apple devices, TVs, and the Disney Plus app
- Poor or inconsistent network
- Overloaded app cache & data
- Disney Plus server down
- AirPlay-compatible TVs have issues with audio or video
- AirPlay devices are not connected to the same WiFi
- AirPlay mode is turned off on the compatible smart TV or mirroring device.
- The WiFi router is placed far away from the TV
- Enabled Firewall
How to Fix AirPlay Not Working on Disney Plus
You can try these workarounds to resolve the AirPlay not working issue on the Disney Plus app.
Update the TV, Disney Plus App, & iOS Device
You may experience issues while AirPlaying the content when you have an outdated version of the TV, Disney Plus app, or iOS device. Hence whenever there is an update, to catch up with the new software and hardware features, you need to update the OS regularly.
Update Apple TV
- Launch your compatible TV, then press the Home button on the TV remote.
- Navigate to the Settings option and tap it.
- Choose the System option.
- Tap Software Update and hit Download and Install option.
- To update the TV OS to the latest version, hit the Update Now option.
Update Disney Plus App
- Unlock the iPhone/iPad and visit the App Store.
- Hit the search icon on the App Store and type Disney Plus in the search box.
- If any new update is available to that app, You will find an Update option on the screen.
- Hit the Update button to get its latest version.
- Navigate to Settings on your iOS device.
- Hit the General option.
- Tap Software Update under the General.
- Select the Download and Install option to update the iOS device to the latest software.
Check if this has fixed the AirPlay not working issue on Disney Plus. If not, proceed to the next fix.
Check the AirPlay Compatibility
Not all smart TVs support the AirPlay function. Hence before commencing the AirPlay function, you need to verify the TV compatibility. You can visit Apple’s official website to learn more about the supported devices list and its models. If your TV is not AirPlay compatible, you need to switch to the supported TV models like Apple TV, Samsung TV, LG TV, Roku TV, Sony TV, Firestick, Vizio, etc.
Check the WiFi Signal Strength
If AirPlay is playing only audio but not video, the issue is with your network connection. To play the content in the lowest playback quality, Disney Plus required the following sustained download speeds. To sense your network speed, you may do a speed test to cross-check with the below bandwidth requirement table.
|Content||Minimum Bandwidth Requirement|
|Disney Plus Hotstar Streaming Library||2 Mbps|
|Live Streams||8 Mbps|
|Video-on-Demand (Non4K)||2 Mbps|
|Video-on-Demand (4K content)||25 Mbps|
If you are getting low data on your network, disconnect all other devices connected to the same WiFi. Remove all the cables and plugs associated with the router for about 30 seconds and reconnect it. Bring the router near the smart TV and connect the TV to the WiFi, and recheck the signal strength, if it doesn’t show any progress in the signal strength, then the issue may be with your WiFi router. Replace the router with a new one to resolve the issue.
Note: Watching multiple videos on different devices using the same WiFi may require additional bandwidth data.
Change or Reset Disney Plus Password
When a different person uses your account, you may encounter issues when you AirPlay the content. Hence, to fix it, you can change the password of your account by following the below steps.
1. Open the Disney Plus app on your iOS device.
2. Tap the Profile icon available on the screen.
3. Select Account.
4. Choose Change Password
Type the new password details and hit the Save option. You will receive an email confirmation regarding the confirmation of the change.
Restart the iOS Device and TV
Restarting the device will fix the slowness and clear the memory and issues related to the AirPlay.
Restart iOS device
1. Press the Volume button and sleep/wake button on your iPhone/ iPad.
2. On the pop-up screen, choose the Restart option.
3. Your iPhone/iPad will turn off.
4. Long press again the same button to Switch On the iPhone/ iPad.
Note: The respective key may differ based on the iPhone/iPad model.
Restart AirPlay Compatible Smart TV
You can quickly restart your smart TV with a simple technique. To do so, unplug all the cables associated with it and replug it after a couple of minutes to restart the TV.
Clear Website Data
If you encounter buffering issues or slowness when you AirPlay the content, it may be due to the cache and the multiple data stored on your device. This problem occurs when you stream Disney Plus online. It will ruin your memory and create issues when you AirPlay the Disney+ content from your iPhone/iPad. Follow the below steps to clear the website data.
1. Navigate to Settings on your iPhone/iPad.
2. Tap Safari under Settings.
3. Select Clear History and Website Data.
4. A pop-up will appear on the screen, tap Clear History and Data to remove cache and data on your web browser.
Reinstall Disney Plus App
Does AirPlay show only a black screen with sound? It means that the streaming file is corrupted by bugs and uncleared cache. To fix the unknown bugs and clear the app cache, simply reinstall the app by following the below steps.
1. Launch the iPhone/iPad and navigate the Disney Plus app.
2. Press the Disney Plus app icon until you get a pop-up window.
3. Hit the Remove option to uninstall the application on your iPhone/iPad.
4. To reinstall the application, search for Disney Plus on the App Store and hit the Get button to re-install the application on your device.
Note: Similarly, you can fix AirPlay not working on Hulu by uninstalling and reinstalling the Hulu app from the App Store.
The VPN helps you unblock the region-blocked content, but sometimes not setting the proper server location might cause you trouble streaming Disney Plus. Check whether the location you set on the VPN is where you can officially access Disney Plus. And, disable VPN if are accessing the app from the country in which this app is officially available.
Sometimes, the Firewall settings may cause troubles when you AirPlay Disney Plus via Mac. Though the Firewall was programmed to support and allow AirPlay, due to some errors or glitches it may be blocked. So, disable the Firewall on your Mac device and try to AirPlay again. To do so, go to Apple Menu > System Settings > Network > click Firewall and turn it off. If it does not fetch you a favorable result, move on to the next fix.
Check the Disney Plus Server Status
You need to use any third-party applications like Downdetector to check the server status of Disney Plus. If the Disney Plus server is down, you need to wait until the server is fixed. As nothing can be done from the user end, the problem can be rectified by Disney Plus.
Fix the AirPlay No Sound Issues
Sometimes, you may face no sound or no audio issues while AirPlay the content from your iOS device due to an unstable internet connection, different audio formats, etc. To fix the no-sound issues, you may use a stable internet connection and change the audio mode to auto-on on your compatible smart TV.
To do so, navigate to Settings >> Video and Audio >> Audio Output >> Auto. And ensure you have unmuted the volume on the original device you are streaming the content from.
Change the DNS
Even though you are using a stable network if you encounter slowness while AirPlaying the content, you may change the DNS. Follow the below steps to change the DNS servers on your compatible smart TV and check if this resolves the AirPlay not working issue.
1. Navigate to Settings on your compatible smart TV.
2. Choose General.
3. Open the Network tab and choose the WIFI.
4. Choose your current network and hit on Configure DNS.
5. Choose Manual configuration and use Google’s DNS (188.8.131.52) to configure the DNS server.
Fix the Common Error Codes on Disney Plus
When you AirPlay content, you may receive some error codes. Here’s what it means to get these errors while streaming on Disney Plus.
|Error Code 41||It appears when the app fails to play the selected content. As multiple people try to watch the content at the same time.||You can fix this error by playing the video again. Else, choose another video to play.|
|Error Code 42||You will get such an error if your internet connection is unstable or slow.||Make sure to update the system software to the latest version, then power cycle the router and modem.|
|Error Code 76||If the internet connection is unstable or very slow, it is more likely to cause this error.||To fix it, you need to restart the router and update its system firmware.|
|Error Code 83||The error message reads, “Something went wrong. Please try again.” If you are using the outdated Disney Plus app or system firmware, it will trigger this error.||It is recommended to uninstall and reinstall the Disney Plus app.|
Logout From all Devices
Sometimes, exceeding the number of connections may not allow you to access the app further. Log out from all the Disney Plus accounts on your device and log in again to fix the issue. Here is how you do it.
1. Go to disneyplus.com from a browser.
2. Sign in to your Disney Plus account.
3. Tap the Profile icon to view the options.
4. Click on Account from the list.
5. Finally, tap Log out of all devices.
Note: It will remove all the devices except the one you are currently using.
Report the Problem to Disney Plus
If none of the above methods helps resolve the AirPlay not working issue, you can directly contact Disney Plus customer support. The service provides support via chat, phone, or social media to address the issue. Provide the details like account information, a screenshot of the error, and device details while addressing the issue. You can also use the other guidelines available on the Help Centre to encounter the AirPlay not working issues.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, Disney Plus does not block your screen mirroring from iPhone, iPad, or Mac.
Check whether you have enabled the caption, and turn off and on the subtitle in the media player. Change your App language and stream the video online because the downloaded video might lack subtitles. If it is still AirPlay not showing subtitles, restart your devices.
It is because of the poor internet connection and the outdated app. Restart your WiFi and try to AirPlay again on your TV. If the problem persists update your Samsung TV firmware to its latest version and restart the device.
If AirPlay is not working on your Apple TV, check if you have connected your host device and the TV to the same WiFi network. Make sure that you have enabled AirPlay on your Apple TV and bring your devices closer. And, restart your Apple TV to fix the issue.