Vimeo is a video-sharing service that allows you to upload, screen record, live stream, collaborate, share, and customize your videos. Without installing the application, you can watch the videos on Vimeo on AirPlay 2-compatible smart TVs. If you found any issues when you AirPlay the Vimeo content, it may be for various reasons. Find the possible causes and try the below troubleshooting methods to resolve Vimeo AirPlay not working issue.
Possible Reasons for Vimeo Not Working
Listed down are the possible reasons for Vimeo not working via AirPlay/screen mirroring.
- Internet connection issues
- Not having a compatible TV to support AirPlay
- Using outdated iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple TV, and the Vimeo app
- Multiple app caches stored on your devices
- Vimeo server outage
- AirPlay devices are not connected to the same WIFI Connection
- The WIFI router is far away from the TV
Possible Fixes for Vimeo Not Working
You shall try the below fixes one by one to resolve Vimeo not working issue while you AirPlay.
- Disable browser extensions, plugins, and add-ons that block the AirPlay
- Remove all the cookies and clear the app cache
- Ensure your TV is an AirPlay-compatible device
- Update your TV, Apple device, and Vimeo app
- Bring the WIFI router close to your compatible TV
- Restart your TV and Apple devices
- Connect the AirPlay-compatible TV and your iOS device to the same network
- Reinstall the application
- Re-login to the Vimeo app
How to Fix Vimeo Not Working Issues
You can try out the below-tested methods to resolve the AirPlay not working issues on Vimeo.
#1. Check AirPlay Compatibility
Apart from Apple TV, the AirPlay function is available on select smart TVs. So, AirPlay will not work on all the smart TVs. So, if your smart TV isn’t AirPlay compatible, we recommend you to switch to the supported AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV models like Apple TV, Samsung TV, LG TV, Roku TV, Sony TV, Firestick, Vizio, etc.
#2. Check Bandwidth with Online Speed Tests
You must check the network speed if you find any buffering issues or slowness while using the application. To play the content in the lowest playback quality, Vimeo requires a network speed of 500 kbps.
If the network is not up to the mark, you may face slowness issues when you AirPlay the content from your iOS devices. To sense your internet speed, you can do a speed test and cross-check with the below bandwidth requirement table.
|Minimum Bandwidth requirement
|4K & up
If you are getting a low bandwidth, try to disconnect all other devices connected to the same network, unplug the router for about 30 seconds, and replug it back to stream the application without any buffering and slowness issues.
#3. Check for Updates
Using the older version of the TV, Vimeo app, and iOS devices may cause issues when you AirPlay. It is mandatory to update all the devices with the latest version to fix the AirPlay not working issues on your compatible TV.
Update Vimeo App
- Press the Power Button to launch the iOS device.
- Open the App Store, tap the Search icon and type Vimeo name in the search box.
- Hit the Update option present straight to the app name to update the Vimeo to the latest version.
Check iOS Version
- Open Settings on your iOS device.
- Choose General.
- Hit the Software Update option.
- Tap Download and Install to update the iOS device to its latest software.
Update TV Firmware
- Press the Home button on your TV remote to launch the device.
- Choose Settings.
- Select Support
- Tap Software Update
- Hit the Update Now option to update the TV os to its latest version.
#4. Check if Vimeo Server is Down
Vimeo may go through a server outage, and when you try to AirPlay its content, it may not work. You must visit Vimeo’s official Twitter handle or Downdetector to discover the real-time status of the outage issue. If it is the reason, you shall need to wait for the outage to get resolved by Vimeo.
#5. Re-Establish WIFI and AirPlay Connection
The easiest way to fix the Vimeo app AirPlay not working issue is to re-establish the WIFI and AirPlay connection.
- Connect the Apple TV/AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV to the same WIFI connection.
- Bring the WIFI router close to the TV to establish the AirPlay function.
- Enable the AirPlay mode on all your mirroring devices.
- Ensure no other devices are connected to the AirPlay.
- Ensure you have turned off the AirPlane mode to establish the network connection.
- Remove all the cables and plugins connected to your modem and power socket. Then, plug them back to reboot the WIFI router.
- Connect it back and check the WIFI quality.
#6. Reinstall Vimeo App
To clear the unknown errors and bugs, reinstall the application on your device by following the below steps.
- Navigate to the Vimeo app on your ios device.
- Press the app until you get an options window, and hit the Remove app option.
- Now you have uninstalled the Vimeo application on your device.
Note: To install the application back on your device, visit the App Store and search for the Vimeo app, and hit the Get option to re-install the application on your device.
#7. Restart iOS and smart TV
To clear up the software issues related to AirPlay, restart your device. It will prevent video crashing and buffering issues when you try to AirPlay the videos.
Restart iOS device
- Long press the Volume button and sleep/wake button on your iOS device.
- Choose the Restart option.
- The device will power off by blacking out.
- Press the Power button again to switch on the device.
Note: Based on the iPhone model, the respective keys will differ.
Restart Smart TV
To restart your smart TV, simply unplug all the cables and replug it back to restart your TV to resolve Vimeo AirPlay not working issues.
#8. Bring the WIFI Router Close to the Compatible TV
If you place the WIFI router far away from the TV, it will reduce the signal strength. Hence bring the WIFI router close to the TV as much as possible. And if any obstacles are placed in between the devices, remove them.
Frequently Asked Questions
It may be due to an internal glitch or error. Ensure you have turned on the AirPlay mode on your compatible smart TV and restart your compatible smart TV and iOS device to clear the audio issues.
The basic plan of Vimeo costs $6.75 per month.