YouTube TV is one of the best AirPlay apps for Android and iOS devices. So, you can wirelessly stream over 100 TV channels in news, sports, and movies on Apple TV or AirPlay 2 built-in Smart TV from an Apple device. Though it is a premium service, it offers a 14-day free trial for users who sign up for the first time. To AirPlay YouTube TV on any device, ensure that you have an active internet connection.
How to Enable AirPlay on Apple TV
The first and foremost step is to enable AirPlay on your Apple TV to pair with the device. Also, ensure that the Apple TV and the other Apple devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
1. On your Home screen of the Apple TV, navigate to the Settings option using your remote.
2. Under Settings, go to the AirPlay menu.
3. Now, turn ON the AirPlay.
4. For further configuration of AirPlay, you can go to Set Up HomeKit.
How to AirPlay YouTube TV to Apple TV from iPhone/iPad
Suppose you don’t have the YouTube TV app on your iPhone; download and install the app from the App Store. Before AirPlay, you must enable the Local Network feature for YouTube TV as the Local Network feature helps in finding cast-enabled devices.
1. Go to Settings → YouTube TV → Turn ON the Local Network feature.
2. Next, launch the YouTube TV app on your iPhone/iPad, log in using the credentials, and start playing the content.
3. Tap on the AirPlay icon and select your Apple TV from the list of devices nearby.
4. Finally, you will be able to watch YouTube TV on Apple TV from your iPhone/iPad.
5. Always ensure to turn off the AirPlay on your iPhone when not in use.
How to AirPlay YouTube TV to Apple TV from Mac
1. First, open a browser and visit the official website of YouTube, then Sign In.
2. Choose the content and start playing it.
3. Now, click on the AirPlay icon on the media player interface and select your Apple TV.
4. Once connected, you can see the YouTube TV content playing on Apple TV from your Mac device.
5. Make sure to turn off the AirPlay on your Mac device when you are done streaming the content.
Alternative Method to AirPlay YouTube TV
Using the HDMI cable and Lighting to Digital AV adapter, you can watch content on Apple TV from Apple devices.
1. Connect the Digital AV adapter to your iPhone.
2. Plugin one end of the HDMI cable to the adapter and the other to the Apple TV.
3. Next, choose the HDMI port from the Source Settings on your Apple TV.
4. Launch YouTube TV on your Apple device and play the content.
Finally, you will be able to watch the content on Apple TV using an HDMI cable.
How to AirPlay YouTube TV to Android TV from Apple devices
AirPlay could be enabled only on a few Android TV models. Check if you could find your Android TV on the AirPlay compatible devices list which Apple updates regularly. Luckily if you find your Android TV on the list, continue with the steps to enable AirPlay on your Android TV.
1. Turn on your Android TV and connect it to stable internet.
2. Grab your remote and press the Source button.
3. Select the AirPlay option from the new options menu opened.
4. Go to AirPlay and HomeKit Settings.
5. Turn on the AirPlay on your Android TV.
Once enabled the airplay setting on your Android TV, you can AirPlay YouTube TV from your iPhone/iPad or Mac on your Android TV using the above-mentioned methods.
How to Fix YouTube TV AirPlay Not Working
You can AirPlay YouTube TV to your big screen from any of your Apple devices. Still, a lot of users face trouble while AirPlay YouTube TV. It may be due to the connectivity issue or technical issues on your device.
Other possible reasons could be the outdated app, internal bugs, or outdated device software. Also, it could be the time for your router and device to get a restart. Discover the cause and briefly study the reasons to fix YouTube TV AirPlay not working.
There might be specific issues with AirPlay, such as Wi-Fi connectivity issues, AirPlay compatibility, etc. To resolve this, try to update your device to the latest version, restart your device, restart your router, and check the internet speed.
You can watch YouTube TV on up to three devices simultaneously.