ITVX is one of the favorite streaming services for users in the UK. The platform offers thousands of iconic series, sitcoms, cult classic dramas, catch-ups, live TV, on-demand titles, etc. Previously, the app was known as ITV Hub and has now been rebranded to ITVX. If you want to watch the ITV Hub/ITVX app without installing the app on your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV, you can use the AirPlay ITVX app from your Apple device to watch the content on the big screen.
Note: Those finding WiFi connectivity issues can rely on the Digital AV adapter to screen mirror ITVX.
How to AirPlay ITVX Using iPhone and iPad
Before jumping into the steps, turn on AirPlay on Apple TV. If you’re an Android TV user, you must turn on the AirPlay on Android TV. On the other hand, connect your iPhone and Apple TV or AirPlay 2 compatible smart TV to the same WiFi network.
1. Install the ITVX app from the App Store on your device.
2. Next, open the ITVX app and sign in with the login credentials with a valid subscription.
3. Once the home screen appears, click on the title you want to stream.
4. When it starts playing, click the AirPlay icon at the top.
5. It will search for nearby devices. Select your AirPlay 2-enabled Smart TV or Apple TV from the available devices.
6. If prompted, enter the AirPlay Code displayed on the TV screen.
Once you have finished streaming, disable AirPlay on your iPhone to stop sharing the screen with your Apple TV/Smart TV.
How to AirPlay ITVX Using Mac
1. Connect your AirPlay 2 compatible smart TV or Apple TV and Mac to the same WiFi network.
2. Visit the ITVX official website and log into your account.
3. Once you see the library, select a movie or a TV show you want to stream.
4. While playing, click the Control Center icon and select the Screen Mirroring option.
5. Select your TV name from the list of devices.
6. Now, it will play the selected video on your TV screen.
You can stop AirPlay on your Mac when you finish streaming ITVX on your TV.
How to Fix AirPlay Not Working With the ITVX App
Currently, many users have complained that ITVX AirPlay is not working on their Smart TV. They may face issues like the app crashing out suddenly, an audio block, or the AirPlay icon missing on the app. The possible reasons for these errors could be the outdated app, poor internet connection, or signal blockage.
To resolve these issues, we recommend some simple troubleshooting solutions.
- Restart your WiFi router
- Update the ITVX app
- Move your AirPlay-connected devices to a closer distance.
Still not working? Then, you can contact ITVX’s customer support team to resolve the problem.
If it shows a black screen on ITVX, it may have corrupted cache files within the app. In this case, you should uninstall and reinstall the app to clear the cache.
Unfortunately, you can’t AirPlay ITVX using HDMI or lightning cables as the platform doesn’t support owing to licensing reasons.