What We Know
- Mi Smart TVs are not featured with the AirPlay support. You need to use third-party apps for the mirroring purpose.
- ApowerMirror: Turn on MI TV → Connect iOS & MI TV to same WIFI → Install ApowerMirror on iOS → Launch the app → Tap the M icon → Choose MI TV name → Select Screen Mirroring icon on iOS → Select your TV → iOS screen gets mirrored to Mi TV.
- Miracast Screen Mirroring: Connect the Miracast device & MI TV to the same WIFI → Plug in the Miracast app to the HDMI port on the TV → Install the Miracast app on iOS device→ Launch the app → Mirroring will start automatically once it established the connection.
- AirPlay from Mac: Install AirBeamTV App on Mac & iOS → Connect Mac and Mi TV to same WIFI → Open AirBeamTV on Mac → Follow screen instructions → Select Start Mirroring → Choose Mi TV → Stream Mac screen on Mi TV.
Mi Smart TV does not offer the AirPlay feature. So, you need to install any third-party applications on your iOS device to AirPlay the content to Mi TV.
Though Mi TV offers SMB, WiDi, and DLNA ports, it doesn’t have the AirPlay feature. If you want to cast any media file from your iPhone or Mac to your Mi TV, you need to use third-party screen mirroring apps like ApowerMirror and LetsView. In this guide, you will learn how to screen mirror iPhone and Mac to Mi TV using third-party mirroring apps.
How to Use AirPlay on Mi TV/Box
Unlike AirPlay to Android TV, Mi TV doesn’t have an inbuilt AirPlay feature. Hence, you need to download any third-party application like ApowerMirror or LetsView, which supports the AirPlay on your Mi TV Stick. Or you can use a Miracast device similar to the HDMI cable to AirPlay the content from your iOS devices.
AirPlay to Mi TV Via ApowerMirror
1. Connect the Mi TV box and your iPhone/iPad to the same WiFi connection.
3. Launch the app on your iPhone/iPad.
4. Click on the M (LocalCast) icon available on the app interface.
5. Choose your Mi TV name from the list of devices shown on the screen.
6. Now, visit the Control Centre on your iOS device and tap the Screen Mirroring icon.
7. Once the scanning is completed, tap the Mi TV name.
8. Now, your phone screen will be mirrored to the Mi TV.
9. To stop the mirroring, close the ApowerMirror app from the background.
AirPlay to Xiaomi Smart TV Using LetsView
1. Press the Power button on your iPhone/iPad to launch it.
2. Connect the iOS device and Mi TV stick to the same WIFI connection.
4. Open the app on your iPhone and Mi TV. Follow the prompts to complete the setup process.
5. Navigate to the Control Centre on your iPhone/iPad and tap the Screen Mirroring icon.
6. Select your Mi TV name from the list of devices that appear on the screen.
7. Now, you can see the phone screen on your TV.
8. You can close the LetsView app on your iPhone
AirPlay to Mi TV using Miracast
1. Purchase the Miracast device from any local or online shop.
2. Install the Miracast Screen Mirroring+ app on your iPhone or iPad from the App Store.
3. Plug in the Miracast to your Mi TV through the HDMI port.
4. Connect the TV and smartphone to the same WIFI.
5. Open the Miracast app on your iPhone and complete the setup process.
6. Tap the Cast icon on the app and choose the Miracast device.
7. Now, your iPhone screen will appear on your Mi TV. Play any video content and watch it on your TV.
8. To stop the casting, disconnect the Miracast device from your iPhone.
Using Third-Party Streaming Devices
Apart from the above methods, you can even use any third-party streaming device like Roku, Firestick, or Google TV. With that, you can easily mirror your iPhone/iPad to your TV.
- To enable AirPlay on your networking hardware, hit the Home button on the remote → Choose Settings → Click on the Display and Sounds option → Apple AirPlay → Turn on the toggle button.
1. Connect your iPhone and the TV to the same WIFI connection.
2. Launch the Control Centre and hit the Screen Mirroring icon.
3. A list of device names will appear on your screen. In that, select your device to start the mirroring process.
4. Now, you can open any of your favorite content on your iPhone/iPad and start watching on the big screen of your Mi TV.
How to AirPlay to Mi TV from Mac Via AirBeamTV
1. Install the AirBeamTV App on your TV from the Mac App Store.
2. Then, connect both devices (Mac and Mi TV) to the same WIFI Connection.
3. Now, open the AirBeamTV app on the Mac and follow the on-screen instructions to set up the app.
4. Then, hit the Start Mirroring option available on the Mac screen.
5. Select the Mi TV name from the options shown and start enjoying the Mac content on the big screen of your Mi TV.
Screen Mirroring Not Working on Mi TV: Reasons & Fixes
Sometimes, you will face difficulties in screen mirroring content to your Mi TV using third-party apps. This problem is caused due to several reasons, such as poor internet, weak signal strength, connectivity issues, and outdated firmware. These issues can be fixed using the below ways.
- Ensure you connect the Mi TV stick or Box and the iOS devices to the same WIFI connection.
- Disconnect all other devices connected to the same WIFI to improve the signal strength.
- Reconnect the WIFI on both devices to sort out connectivity issues.
- Please turn off the Airplane mode on your iOS device, as it automatically disconnects all the network connections.
- Update the Mi TV to the latest software version.
Frequently Asked Question
You can check our article on AirPlay 2 compatible TVs to get the full list of TVs.