What We Know
- From iPhone/iPad: Enable AirPlay on TV→ Connect both devices to the same WiFi connection → Launch Google Chrome on iOS → Visit any website → Open Control Centre → Click on Screen Mirroring → Select your TV → Start browsing.
- From Mac: Turn on AirPlay on TV → Connect both devices to the same WiFi connection → Open Google Chrome → Go to any website → Go to Control Centre → Select Screen Mirroring → Select your TV → Start browsing.
Even though Google Chrome doesn’t have AirPlay support, you can still view the browser on the TV using screen mirroring. To mirror Google Chrome to a TV, connect your iPhone or Mac to the same WiFi network as your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible Smart TV. Thus, it helps users to safely surf the desired website on the TV though it lacks a web browser.
In this article, you will learn to screen mirror Google Chrome from your iPhone or Mac to a TV
How to AirPlay Google Chrome Using iPhone/iPad
To begin with the steps, you need to enable AirPlay on your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible Smart TV. Go to Settings > AirPlay & HomeKit Settings > Turn ON AirPlay.
(1) Connect your iPhone/iPad and the TV to the same WiFi network.
(2) Launch the Google Chrome on your iOS device.
- If you don’t have the app, you can download it from the App Store.
(3) Visit the desired website that you want to watch on your TV.
(4) Swipe up/down to open the Control Centre on your iPhone or iPad.
(5) Select the Screen Mirroring option from the Control Center of your device.
(6) Select your Apple TV or AirPlay-compatible TV from the list of devices.
(7) If asked, enter the AirPlay code that is displayed on your TV screen.
(8) Once connected, you can view Google Chrome on your AirPlay-compatible TV.
If you have finished browsing on your TV, make sure to turn off AirPlay on your iPhone.
How to AirPlay Google Chrome Using Mac
(1) Turn on your Mac and AirPlay-compatible device. Then, enable AirPlay on your TV.
(2) Make sure to connect both devices to the same WiFi network.
(3) Open the Google Chrome browser on your Mac.
(4) Go to any website on the browser that you wish to mirror on your TV.
(5) Click the Control Centre icon at the menu bar.
(6) Select the Screen Mirroring option and choose your AirPlay-supported device.
(7) Note down the AirPlay passcode that appears on your TV.
(8) Enter the code on your Mac device to connect to the TV.
(9) Now, you can start mirroring the content from your MacBook to the AirPlay-compatible TV.
Make sure to disable AirPlay on your Mac after screen mirroring Chrome on your TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You can AirPlay Google Chrome from Windows to Apple TV with the help of the AirParrot 3 app.
Yes. You need to use the LonelyScreen app on your Windows and set it up as an AirPlay receiver. Then, you can screen mirror Google Chrome to Windows from an iPhone.