What We Know
- AirPlay from iOS to Windows: Install LonelyScreen → Set up receiver → Open Control Center on iOS → Tap Screen Mirroring → Choose LonelyScreen → Stream the content.
- AirPlay from iOS to Mac: Download LonelyScreen → Open Control Center on iOS → Select Screen Mirroring → Choose LonelyScreen → Watch the content.
LonelyScreen is a third-party app that can receive media files on Windows/Mac using AirPlay. So you can mirror any content from an iPhone or iPad to your PC like you AirPlay to Apple TV. This application is currently available for Windows and Mac. Download LonelyScreen on your Windows and Mac and enjoy streaming movies, music, and photos wirelessly on your computer.
How to Download and Set up Lonely Screen on Windows or Mac
Initially, check the system requirements on the LonelyScreen website to find out whether the app is compatible with your Windows. If yes, go through the steps.
1. Download and install LonelyScreen on your Windows by visiting its official website.
2. Open the LonelyScreen app on your PC.
3. Rename the default server name.
You can use the same steps to get LonelyScreen on your Mac. Ensure that your macOS is updated to the latest version because it only works on macOS/OS X 10.7 or plus (as well as Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks, Mountain Lion, and Lion).
How to AirPlay from iPhone/iPad to Windows via LonelyScreen
1. Connect your Apple device and Windows to the same WiFi network.
2. Swipe down on your iPhone or iPad to open the Control Center.
3. Select the Screen Mirroring option.
4. Choose LonelyScreen on your Windows from the list of available devices option.
Now your iOS screen will be mirrored on your Windows. Don’t forget to turn off AirPlay on iPhone when the device is not in use.
How to AirPlay from iPhone/iPad to Mac Using LonelyScreen
1. Ensure that you have connected your iOS and Mac to the same WiFi network.
2. Open Control Center on your iOS and select the Screen Mirroring option.
3. Select the LonelyScreen device name from the available device list.
Your iOS screen will be mirrored on your Mac device without enabling AirPlay on your Mac. Later, you can turn off AirPlay on Mac when you have finishing streaming.
LonelyScreeen may contain malicious content which makes it unpopular and unsafe. Secure your data first before installing it on your PC.
For Personal use, it cost $14.95/year and for Business use it cost $29.95/year.
In some cases, LonelyScreen may be blocked by Firewall for security reasons. So, you have to enable permissions to avoid such issues.
Windows: Start > Control Panel > Security > Windows Firewall > Click Allow > OK.
Mac: System Preferences > Security > Firewall > Lock > Add Application > Select LonelyScreen > Click OK.