What We Know
- From iPhone/iPad – Go to App Store → Search Deezer → Select it → Install → Open → Login → Play music → Audio Settings → AirPlay & Bluetooth → Select Apple TV → Listen to music on TV.
- From Mac – On Mac home, select AirPlay → Select Apple TV → Enter passcode → Open Safari → Visit Deezer website → Login → Choose a song → Listen from TV.
Deezer is an AirPlay-compatible app that consists of 90 million music tracks, 30,000+ radio channels, 100 million playlists, and podcasts. You can AirPlay Deezer from your iOS or Mac to Apple TV or AirPlay 2 compatible TV. If your Smart TV is unsupported by AirPlay, you can mirror Deezer to your TV using an HDMI cable and Lightning to Digital AV Adapter and listen to songs in Hi-Fi quality.
How to AirPlay Deezer from iPhone or iPad
1. At first, switch on your Apple TV and ensure it is connected to the internet.
Note: The Apple TV and iPhone or iPad should be connected to the same WIFI network.
2. Go to the App Store on your iPhone or iPad.
3. Search for Deezer and install the app on your device.
4. After the installation, click Open to run Deezer.
5. Log in to your Deezer account.
6. Once you log in, play a song of your choice.
7. Tap Audio settings in the bottom left corner.
8. Click on AirPlay & Bluetooth under the Devices category.
9. Select your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible device.
Start listening to Deezer songs on your TV via AirPlay. Once you finish streaming, you have to turn off AirPlay on your iPhone.
How to AirPlay Deezer from Mac
1. Before you start, check whether your Mac is connected to the same WIFI network as your TV.
2. From the Mac home screen, tap the AirPlay icon at the top menu bar.
Note: To turn on AirPlay on Mac, click on Apple menu → System Preferences → Displays → Show mirroring options in the menu bar when available.
3. Choose your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV from the AirPlay To list.
4. If prompted, enter the AirPlay passcode that appears on the TV screen.
5. Open the Safari browser on your Mac.
6. Enter deezer.com in the address bar and go to that website.
7. Log in to your Deezer account.
8. From the music library, click on a song to start listening on your TV.
In this way, you can stream your favorite podcasts and millions of songs.
Note: You can turn off AirPlay on your Mac when you are done listening to songs.
How to AirPlay Deezer to Android TV
1. Connect your iPhone and Android TV to the same network.
2. Install the Deezer app on your iPhone from the App Store.
3. Launch the Deezer app and play a song.
4. Click on the Audio Settings in the lower left corner.
5. Select the AirPlay and Bluetooth option from the device category.
6. Choose your Android TV from the list of available devices.
Listen to your favorite songs on your Android TV using AirPlay.
Alternative Method to AirPlay Deezer to Smart TV
If your Smart TV does not have the AirPlay feature, you can use Lightning to Digital AV Adapter and an HDMI cable to cast content to your TV.
1. Connect the Lightning to Digital to AV Adapter to your iPhone.
2. Plug one end of the HDMI cable into the adapter and the other end into the HDMI port on your Android TV.
3. Navigate to Input Settings on your Android TV and choose the HDMI port which you just plugged in.
4. Play a song and listen to it on your Android TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Deezer offers a free trial for 30 days based on the region and eligibility.
If Deezer fails to stream via AirPlay, update the Deezer app and your device to the latest version, connect both devices to a stable WiFi network, and disable the Airplane mode.