What We Know
- AirPlay ITVX from iPhone: Turn on TV → Connect iPhone & TV to same WIFI → Install ITVX app→ Sign IN → Play any content → Hit Screen Mirroring → Select your TV → Enjoy Streaming.
- AirPlay ITVX from macOS: Turn on AirPlay on TV → Connect same WIFI to TV and Mac →Vist ITVX official website →Sign In→ Start playing a video → Enable AirPlay on Mac → Choose your TV → Enjoy Streaming.
- AirPlay ITVX to Android TV: Enable AirPlay on Android TV → Launch ITVX app (iPhone) → Control Centre → Screen Mirroring → Select TV → Pair → Stream.
ITVX is one of the favorite streaming services for users in the UK. The platform offers thousands of iconic series, sitcoms, cult classic dramas, catch-ups, live TV, on-demand titles, etc. Previously the app was known as ITV Hub and is now rebranded to ITVX. If you want to watch the ITV Hub/ITVX app without installing the app on your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV, you can AirPlay ITVX app from your Apple device to watch the content on the big screen.
How to AirPlay ITV Hub/ITVX from iPhone/iPad to Apple TV/Smart TV
Below are the steps to AirPlay the ITVX content from your iPhone/iPad to Apple TV or AirPlay 2 compatible smart TV.
#1. Turn on your AirPlay 2-TV or Apple TV, and connect it to a standard WIFI connection.
#2. Enable the AirPlay option on your TV. To do so, Go to Settings → Hit AirPlay and HomeKit → Turn on the AirPlay.
#3. Switch On the iPhone/iPad and connect it to the same WIFI connection.
#4. Go to the App Store on your iPhone and install the ITVX app.
#5. Register for an ITVX account using the email ID and password and sign in to your account to launch the app.
#6. Play any video of your choice on the ITVX/ ITV Hub.
#7. Navigate to the Control Center on your iPhone and hit the Screen Mirroring icon.
#8. Once the device got successfully scanned, select the AirPlay 2 compatible smart TV name to establish the mirroring function.
#9. Enjoy watching the shows of ITVX/ ITV Hub on your TV.
Note: If you are using the app outside the UK, use any trusted VPN like Express VPN to access the content.
How to AirPlay ITV Hub/ITVX from Mac to Apple TV/Smart TV
Below are the steps to AirPlay the ITV Hub/ITVX content from your Mac to Apple TV or AirPlay 2 compatible smart TV.
#1. Turn On the Mac and connect it to a strong WIFI connection.
#2. Allow the AirPlay function on your Mac. To do so, click Settings and enable AirPlay under the AirPlay and Homekit option.
#3. Visit the official website of ITVX on any available browser on your Mac.
#4. Sign in to your account with the necessary login credentials.
#5. Open the videos you want to AirPlay to your compatible smart TV.
#6. Hit the AirPlay icon present in the top right corner.
#7. Once the scanning is completed, select your TV name from the list of names on your Mac screen.
#8. Your Mac screen will be mirrored to the Apple TV or AirPlay 2 compatible smart TV enjoy watching your favorite shows from ITV Hub/ ITVX.
How to AirPlay ITV Hub/ITVX from iPhone/iPad to Android TV
If you use the latest model of Android TV, it must have the AirPlay feature.
#1. Connect your iPhone/iPad and Android TV to the same WIFI connection.
#2. Next, navigate to Settings and enable AirPlay on Android TV.
#3. Launch the ITVHub mobile app on your iPhone.
#4. Play a movie or any other content and pull down the Control Centre.
#5. Tap the Screen Mirroring icon and select the Android TV.
#6. Once it is connected, the content will stream on your Android TV.
How to Resolve ITV Hub/ITVX AirPlay Not Working Issues with the VPN
If you are streaming the content ITV Hub/ITVX, you need to use a trusted VPN. However, if you encounter technical issues while using the VPN, follow the below troubleshooting techniques to resolve the not working issues.
- Ensure you are using a strong WIFI connection while AirPlaying the content.
- Check whether both the devices are connected to the same WIFI connection if you find no picture when AirPlay.
- Ensure you use the correct VPN credentials to sign in to your account.
- Clear the cookie or caches stored on your mirroring device.
- Disable the IPv6 and DNS leak protection under the VPN settings.
- Try to change the server located inside the UK.
- Make sure there is no VPN server outage.
- Disconnect all the firewalls like an ad blocker which blocks the VPN connection.
- Restart the device once and connect to the VPN to make the AirPlay work without issues.
- Update iTV Hub to the latest version if you see a black screen on the Apple TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
No. ITVX is the replacement for the ITV Hub. ITVX is the brand new name for ITV Hub.
Yes, the mobile app and ITVX/ITV Hub web version support screen mirroring.
Unfortunately, you can’t AirPlay ITV Hub using HDMI or lightning cables as the platform doesn’t support owing to licensing reasons.