What We Know
- Telegram AirPlay from iOS: Connect iOS & TV to same WIFI → Launch App Store → Download Telegram app → Sign in → Select Telegram video or chat → Control Centre → Screen Mirroring icon → Select TV → Activation code → Watch on TV.
- To AirPlay Telegram from Mac: Connect MacBook & TV to same WIFI → Open Safari browser → Visit Telegram’s official website → Choose your favorite media contnet→ Click AirPlay icon → Select TV name → enjoy watching the Telegram media content.
- To AirPlay Telegram to Android TV: Enable AirPlay on Android TV →Connect TV & iOS to same WIFI → launch Telegram app → Visit Control Centre → Hit Screen Mirroring icon → Choose your Android TV → stream your favorite media on the big screen of the Android TV.
Telegram is a popular social media platform used by millions of people worldwide. It is a user-friendly app with no cost, and you can send and receive multiple video files upto 1024 MB. Though the Telegram app is not officially available for Apple TV and smart TVs, you can use the AirPlay technology to view the media files on the big screens of your Apple TV or AirPlay 2 compatible smart TV.
How to AirPlay Telegram from iOS to Apple TV/Smart TV
Follow the below steps to AirPlay the Telegram app to your AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV or Apple TV to watch Telegram movies, videos, audio files, etc.
1. Turn On the AirPlay 2 compatible smart TV and connect it to a standard WIFI connection.
2. Unlock your iPhone/iPad device and connect it to the same WIFI connection.
3. Navigate to the App Store on your iOS device and open it.
4. Hit the search icon and, using the on-screen keyboard, type Telegram and search for the app.
5. Choose the correct one from the search result and tap the Get button.
6. Provide the necessary login credentials and sign in to your account.
7. Select any media file you want to watch.
8. Visit the Control Centre on your iOS device and tap on the screen mirroring option.
9. A list of device names will appear on the iOS device screen; choose your TV name.
10. If you establish screen mirroring between your Apple devices and your TV for the first time, it will display an activation code.
11. Enter the code on your iOS device and follow the on-screen instructions to use Telegram on the big screens of your Apple TV or AirPlay 2 compatible smart TV.
Note: If you want to AirPlay WhatsApp video calls to TV, you can use the same procedure.
How to AirPlay Telegram from Mac to TV
1. Power On your Mac device and Smart TV and use the same WIFI connection for both devices.
3. Log in to your account and hit the AirPlay icon on the Menu bar.
4. If you can’t get the AirPlay icon on the menu bar, enable the AirPlay icon under the Display settings.
To do so, the Apple icon > Choose System Preference > Hit the DisPlay menu > Turn On AirPlay Display at the bottom of the screen and check the show mirroring box present below it.
5. Select your TV name from the list on your screen.
6. Once the connection got established, you can get the selected media player contnet on the big screens of your Apple TV or AirPlay 2 compatible smart TV.
How to AirPlay Telegram to Android Smart TV
Pre-Requisite: Turn On your Android TV > Hit Settings > Choose AirPlay and HomeKit Settings > Enable AirPlay on Android Smart TV.
1. Turn On your Android TV and connect it to a strong WIFI connection.
2. Use the same WIFI connection to connect your iPhone/iPad.
3. Open the Telegram app, provide the necessary credentials, and log in to your account.
4. Go to the Control Center on your iOS device and hit the Screen Mirroring icon.
5. TV names will appear on your iPhone/iPad screen. Select your Android TV name.
6. Upon successful pairing, you can read the selected media content on the big screens of your Apple TV or AirPlay 2 compatible smart TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ensure you use the same WIFI connection on both the AirPlay Receiver and AirPlay Sender devices, and ensure to use the latest operating System on both devices.
Yes, you can share your screen in a video call and display documents or other files during the AirPlay function; the same mirroring screen will be mirrored on your AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV.