- There isn’t a direct way to screen mirror your Mac to Chromecast. Instead, you can use the Casting feature or third-party mirroring apps.
- Cast Mac to Chromecast using Chrome: Connect devices to same WiFi → open Chrome browser→ click Menu icon → select the Cast option → choose your Chromecast device → start screen mirroring.
- Screen Mirror using Third-Party Apps:
- JustStream: Open JustStream → choose your Chromecast → Start Streaming.
- AirbeamTV: Open AirbeamTV → choose your Chromecast → Start Mirroring.
- AirDroid Cast: Open AirDroid → click Share this computer screen → enter QR code → start screen mirroring.
Are you looking for a solution to screen mirror the content from your Mac to Chromecast? If so, you’ve landed at the right spot. Unfortunately, there isn’t a possible way to directly screen mirror the Mac screen to the Chromecast device. Instead, you can use the Casting feature to display the Chrome tab on your MacBook to a Chromecast-enabled Smart TV. With this, you can watch your favorite video content on a bigger screen without straining your eyes.
On the other hand, you can use third-party mirroring apps to mirror the entire screen from your MacBook or iMac to a Chromecast device.
In this article, we have explained the detailed process of screen mirroring your Mac to your Chromecast-connected TV in all the possible ways.
How to Screen Mirror Mac to Chromecast
Since Chromecast is Android-based, you can’t use the mirror feature. Rather, you can only Cast to Chromecast. So, setting up your Chromecast on your TV is a must before proceeding to cast your MacBook.
How to Set Up Chromecast to Cast from Mac
Before you cast the content from your MacBook to Chromecast, you must set up the Chromecast device to your TV.
1. Fetch a Chromecast device and connect it to the HDMI port of your TV.
2. Power on your TV and open the Menu.
3. Switch to the HDMI, where the Chromecast device is connected to.
4. Now, navigate the on-screen prompts and connect our Chromecast device to a standard WiFi network.
Finally, the Chromecast device is set up successfully and ready to cast from your Mac device.
Screen Mirroring Mac to Chromecast via Chrome
After setting up your Chromecast device, you can open the Chrome app on your Mac to screencast the Chrome tab.
1. Initially, ensure to connect your Mac and Chromecast devices to the same WiFi network.
2. Open the Chrome browser and select the specific window that you want to mirror.
3. Now, click the Menu (three vertical dots) icon at the top right corner.
4. Scroll through and select the Cast option.
4. Then, select your Chromecast from the list of available devices and pair it up.
Finally, the respective content on the Chrome tab will display on your Chromecast-connected TV.
How Mirror Mac to Chromecast Using JustStream
There are plenty of screen mirroring apps available for mirroring your Mac device. If you’re looking for a convenient way to screen mirror your entire Mac screen to Chromecast, we’ve tested and curated 3 screen mirroring apps for better screen mirroring quality.
1. Unlock your MacBook using a passcode or touch ID.
2. Open App Store on your Mac and install the JustStream app.
3. Upon installing, launch the app and follow the prompts to set up the application.
4. Now, the JustScreen app icon will display on the menu bar of your Mac.
5. Click the JustScreen icon and choose your Chromecast device from the list of devices.
6. After selecting your device, the entire Mac’s screen will be mirrored on your Chromecast-connected device’s screen.
Unlike other applications, AirBeam TV has a dedicated screen mirroring app for Chromecast devices. Also, this app is officially available on the Mac App Store.
1. Open your Mac App Store and install the AirBeamTV BV application.
2. Ensure that your MacBook and Chromecast devices are connected to the same internet network.
3. After the installation, the AirBeamTV icon will display on your Mac’s menu bar.
4. Click the AirBeamTV icon and select your Chromecast device in the Target Device section.
Note: You can also click the Enable Sound on TV checkbox to screen mirror Mac to Chromecast with audio.
6. Now, click the Start Mirroring option to mirror the Mac’s content to your Chromecast device.
7. After clicking the Screen Mirroring option, you must change the device’s preferences by selecting Open System Preferences → Lock icon → enter the device’s passcode → check AirBeamTV.
8. Finally, you can click the Start Mirroring option again to mirror the content to your Chromecast device.
Similar to other applications, AirDrop is also one of the best screen mirroring apps for MacBook. However, there isn’t a dedicated app for AirDroid available on the Mac App Store. You must sideload the app by visiting AirDroid Cast’s official website.
1. Go to the official website of AirDroid and install the DMG file for AirDroid on your Mac.
2. After installing, open the application and select the Share This Computer Screen option.
3. Now, launch your Chromecast with Google TV device and open the default web browser.
4. From there, visit the official website of AirDroid Cast and get the 9-digit code.
5. Enter the pairing code on the AirDrop Cast app on your MacBook.
6. Finally, you can allow the respective permissions to start mirroring the Mac screen to your Chromecast device.
Can I Screen Mirror Mac to Chromecast using Safari?
No. The Safari browser doesn’t have official Cast support. Instead, you can wirelessly use the listed screen mirroring applications to mirror the entire Mac along with the Safari browser’s screen to your Chromecast device.
Yes. If an app doesn’t have Chromecast support, you can still use third-party screen mirroring apps to screen mirror to Chromecast.
Outdated firmware and unstable WiFi networks are the major reasons why screen mirroring is not working on your device. So, you need to update the firmware to the latest version and pair both devices to the stable and same WiFi network to resolve the error.