What We Know
- AirPlay from iOS to Apple TV: Enable AirPlay on Apple TV → Open Rakuten Viki app → Play the content → Open Control Center → Select Screen Mirroring → Choose Apple TV → Enter AirPlay Code → Start streaming.
- AirPlay from Mac to Apple TV: Enable AirPlay on Apple TV → Visit Rakuten Viki website → Play the content → Open Control Center → Tap Screen Mirroring → Select Apple TV → Enter AirPlay Code → Watch on TV.
- AirPlay to Android TV: Enable AirPlay on Android TV → Open Rakuten Viki → Play the content → Open Control Center → Select Screen Mirroring → Choose Android TV → Stream Viki on TV.
Rakuten Viki is a popular streaming service where you can watch Asian dramas, movies, and TV shows for free. Since it is AirPlay 2 compatible, you can AirPlay Viki from an Apple device to your Apple TV or AirPlay 2 compatible TV. Alternatively, you can also use Lightning to Digital AV Adapter and the HDMI cable to AirPlay Viki to your Smart TV.
How to AirPlay Rakuten Viki from your iOS to Apple TV
To begin with, enable AirPlay on your Apple TV. Go to Settings > AirPlay & HomeKit Settings > Turn ON the AirPlay.
1. Connect your iPhone/iPad and the Apple TV to the same WiFi network.
2. Install the Rakuten Viki app on your iOS from the App Store.
3. Swipe down on your iOS device to open the Control Center.
4. Select the Screen Mirroring option and choose your Apple TV.
5. Enter the AirPlay Code on your iOS device that appears on your TV.
Log in to Rakuten Viki with your email ID and Start streaming on your TV. Once you have finished watching, turn OFF the AirPlay on your iPhone.
How to AirPlay Rakuten Viki from Mac to Apple TV
1. Connect your Mac and the Apple TV to the same WiFi network.
2. Visit the Rakuten Viki website on your Mac Safari browser.
3. Select and Play the content that you wish to stream on your TV.
4. Open the Control Center and select the Screen Mirroring option.
5. Choose your Apple TV from the list of available devices.
6. Enter the AirPlay code that appears on your TV to complete the pairing process.
Once paired, watch Viki on your Apple TV. To stop watching, turn OFF the AirPlay on your Mac.
How to AirPlay Rakuten Viki from Apple Devices to Android TV
1. Turn on and enable AirPlay on your Android TV.
2. Connect your Apple devices and Android TV to the same WiFi network.
3. Install the Viki app on your iOS device or visit the website using Safari on your Mac.
4. Open the Control Center on your Apple device.
5. Select the Screen Mirroring option and choose your Android TV.
6. If prompted, enter the AirPlay code that appears on your TV.
Start watching Viki shows on your Android TV using wireless mirroring.
How to Screen Mirror Rakuten Viki to Smart TV Without WiFi
If your Smart TV is not AirPlay supported, you can use the Lightning to Digital AV Adapter and the HDMI cable to AirPlay Viki to your Smart TV.
1. Connect the Lightning to Digital AV Adapter to the charging port of your iPhone.
2. Plug one end of the HDMI cable into the Adapter and the other end into the HDMI port on your Smart TV.
3. Go to Input Settings on your Smart TV and choose the HDMI port to which you plugged the cable.
4. Install the Rakuten Viki app on your iPhone and start streaming shows on your Smart TV.
How to Fix Rakuten Viki AirPlay Not Working
If AirPlay is not working on the Rakuten Viki app, follow these methods to fix it.
- Device incompatibility – Make sure that your Smart TV is compatible with AirPlay. If not follow the method to AirPlay Viki using the HDMI cable and Adapter.
- Unstable network – Check your network signal and speed. If it is unstable, switch to a stable network.
- Muted device audio – Check if your device audio is on mute or low volume. If it is, level up the volume in both the Apple device and the Smart TV.
- Outdated Firmware – Update your Apple device and Smart TV Firmware.
- Temporary malfunction – Restart your Apple device and the Apple TV/Smart TV.
- Airplane mode – Turn off the Airplane mode on your iOS device. If it is turned on it might disable the WiFi and the mobile Hotspot which will make AirPlay not work.
You can watch most of the Viki shows for free with commercials but certain shows can be streamed only with the Rakuten Viki Pass.
Rakuten Viki Pass costs $4.99 monthly and $49.99 yearly.