What We Know
- AirPlay Popcorn Time from iOS to Apple TV: Connect iOS & Apple TV to same WiFi → Visit Popcorn Time website → Play content → Open Control Center → Screen mirroring → Choose Apple TV → Start streaming.
- AirPlay Popcorn Time from Mac to Apple TV: Enable AirPlay on Apple TV → Connect Mac & Apple TV to same WiFi → Visit Popcorn Time website → Play a movie → Click Control Center → Screen Mirroring → Select Apple TV → Start watching.
- AirPlay Popcorn Time from iOS to Android TV: Enable AirPlay on Android TV → Connect iOS & Android TV to same WiFi → Visit Popcorn Time website → Play content → Control Center → Screen mirroring → Choose Android TV → Watch on TV.
Popcorn Time is a free streaming platform that allows you to watch movies and shows in HD with subtitles. You can AirPlay Popcorn Time from Apple devices to your Apple TV or AirPlay 2 compatible TV. Though it is an illegal site, it has a large collection of movies and TV shows in 19 genres.
When you search for new content to watch you can sort out by its popularity, Top rated, and Now playing. It has a user-friendly interface incorporated in 14 languages. If you are worried about copyright laws, you use VPN to safeguard your online activity.
How to AirPlay Popcorn Time from iPhone/iPad to Apple TV
As a prerequisite, you need to enable AirPlay on Apple TV. Simply go to Settings → AirPlay & HomeKit Settings → Turn ON AirPlay.
1. Connect your Apple TV and iPhone/iPad to the same WiFi network.
2. Open Safari on your iPhone and visit the Popcorn Time website (popcorntime.pro).
3. Play the content that you want to watch on Apple TV.
4. Open Control Center on your iPhone/iPad and click the Screen mirroring option.
5. Choose your Apple TV from the available devices list.
Now you can watch Popcorn Time content on your Apple TV.
Note: You can also turn off AirPlay on your iPhone if your device is not in use.
How to AirPlay Popcorn Time from Mac to Apple TV
1. Connect your Mac device and your Apple TV to the same WiFi network.
2. Open Safari on your Mac and visit the Popcorn Time official website.
3. Click the AirPlay icon on the Mac menu bar. If not available, click Control Center and select Screen Mirroring.
4. Select your Apple TV from the list of available devices.
That’s it. You can stream your favorite movies and shows from Popcorn Time on your Apple TV.
Tip: Once you finished watching a movie, do not forget to disable AirPlay on Mac.
How to AirPlay Popcorn Time from iOS to Android TV
AirPlay could be enabled only on selected Android TV models. Check if your Android TV is available on the AirPlay compatible devices list or not. If you find your Android TV on the list, first enable AirPlay on your Android TV before getting to the steps.
1. Connect your Apple device and the Android TV to the same WIFi network.
2. Open the browser on your Apple device and visit the Popcorn Time website.
3. Open Control Center on your iPhone or iPad.
4. Select the Screen Mirroring option.
5. Choose your Android TV from the list of available devices.
6. Open the Popcorn Time website tab and enjoy streaming your favorite movies and shows.
How to AirPlay Popcorn Time on Smart TV Without WiFi
If you have a network issue, you can AirPlay Popcorn Time without WiFi using an HDMI cable and Lightning to Digital AV adapter.
1. Connect the Lightning Digital AV adapter to your iPhone or iPad.
2. Plug one end of the HDMI cable into the adapter and the other end to your Smart TV.
3. Go to Input Settings on your Smart TV and choose the HDMI port.
4. Open Safari on your iPhone, visit the Popcorn Time website, and play any movie.
The selected movie will start playing on your Smart TV. This is how you can AirPlay without WiFi.
Popcorn Time AirPlay Not Working: Quick Fixes
Popcorn Time may not work sometimes due to issues in the WiFi network, server, app bugs, uncleared browser cache, and outdated device software. Luckily, there are some workarounds to fix the issue.
- Check your Network Strength and Speed and switch on to a stable network
- Clear the Safari cache by uninstalling and reinstalling the app.
- Connect your device used to AirPlay to the same WiFi network.
- Update your iOS and Apple TV (or) Smart TV to the latest firmware.
- Restart the device that you will use to AirPlay Popcorn Time.
Popcorn Time is illegal and prone to copyright infringement issues. It is advised to use it with proper precautions.
No, you can’t download Popcorn Time from the App Store.
If you don’t use VPN while streaming Popcorn Time, you will have to face consequences under The Copyright Act of 1976.