What We Know
- On iPhone – Install Pluto TV App → Play Content → Control Center → Screen Mirroring → Select Device → Enter AirPlay Code → Play content.
- On Mac – Click Apple Icon → Select Control Center → Tap System Preference → Click Display → Enable Mirroring option → Tap AirPlay icon → Enter Code → Stream Content.
If you want to watch live TV channels and on-demand content for free, Pluto TV is the right choice. Using AirPlay, you can stream 1000s of movies and TV shows without installing the Pluto TV app on your Apple TV and AirPlay 2 built-in TV. Even though there is no AirPlay icon in Pluto TV, you can use screen mirroring on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac to play the Pluto TV channels on your Smart TV.
Before screen mirroring Pluto TV, you need to tweak some settings.
- Connecting your screen mirroring device and Apple TV or Smart TV to the same WiFi network.
- Enable the AirPlay feature on your Apple TV.
How to Enable AirPlay on Apple TV
1. Go to Settings on your Apple TV from the home screen.
2. Select AirPlay and HomeKit setting from the list of options.
3. Turn on AirPlay by selecting the appropriate option.
How to AirPlay Pluto TV from iPhone/iPad to Apple TV
1. Launch the Pluto TV app on your iPhone/iPad that is available on the App Store and sign in (If needed).
2. Start playing your favorite content on the app.
3. To screen mirror, swipe up/down the Control Center and tap the Screen Mirroring feature.
4. From the list of devices, find and tap your Apple TV.
5. Next, enter the AirPlay Code on your iOS/iPadOS device which have received on the Apple TV.
6. Once you have entered the code, the content from Pluto TV will be streaming on your Apple TV. When you are done watching the content disable the AirPlay on your iPhone device.
How to AirPlay Pluto TV from Mac to Apple TV
To activate Airplay on Mac, click the Apple Menu in the Control Center → System Preferences → Displays → Enable the Show mirroring options in the menu bar when available checkbox.
1. Go to the Pluto TV website on your Mac and click the AirPlay icon on the Menu Bar.
2. Choose your Apple TV from the list, and enter the AirPlay code if needed.
3. Finally, you can stream Pluto TV content on Apple TV from your Mac/Macbook.
Note: If you have finished streaming, it is recommended to turn off AirPlay on Mac.
How to AirPlay Pluto TV on Android TV
Similar to Apple TV, you can AirPlay on your Android TV from Apple devices.
1. Launch the Pluto TV app on your Apple device.
2. You can either use the screen mirror (iOS) or AirPlay (macOS) to stream the content and select your Android TV.
3. After pairing, you can start streaming your favorite content on Android TV.
Note: To watch NBC TV shows and movies, you can AirPlay Peacock to TV from iOS and Mac.
Pluto TV is completely free to access but it contains commercials,
Pluto TV is currently supported on iOS, Android, Android TV, Apple TV, PS4/PS5, Fire TV, Roku, Cox Contour Stream Player, Xbox, Chromecast, Vizio SmartCast TV, etc.