What We Know
- AirPlay BBC iPlayer from iOS: Turn on TV → Connect iOS & TV to same WIFI → Launch BBC iPlayer app → Sign in → Play content -→Click Screen Mirror icon → Select your AirPlay-compatible TV → Start watching.
- AirPlay BBC iPlayer from Mac: Turn on your MacBook and AirPlay compatible TV → Connect them to the same internet → Open a browser → Visit BBC iPlayer website → Login → Play a title → Tap AirPlay icon → Select TV → Watch content.
BBC iPlayer allows users to watch TV shows, movies, documentaries, and more for free. As BBC iPlayer is AirPlay compatible, you can wirelessly stream British content on your AirPlay 2 compatible TV or Apple TV using an Apple device. So, there is no need to install the BBC iPlayer app on your TV. It is one of the best alternatives if you don’t want to AirPlay Netflix, Prime Video, and other streaming services that cost higher.
How to AirPlay BBC iPlayer from iPhone/iPad
 Firstly, make sure your TV and iOS are connected to the same WiFi network.
 Enable the AirPlay option on your TV (Settings > AirPlay, and Homekit > Turn on AirPlay).
 Launch BBC iPlayer app on your iOS device after installing it from the App Store.
 Sign in with your account credentials on BBC iPlayer app.
 Browse for the content you want to watch on BBC iPlayer.
 Select the AirPlay icon on the media player screen on the iOS device.
 Click on your TV name after successful scanning to connect your iOS device to it.
You are now ready to stream BBC iPlayer on your TV. Once completed, you can turn off AirPlay on your iPhone.
How to AirPlay BBC iPlayer from Mac
Follow the steps below to mirror BBC iPlayer onto your TV from your Mac.
 Ensure your TV and Mac are connected to the same Wi-Fi.
 Tap the AirPlay option on your TV (Settings > AirPlay, and Homekit > Turn on AirPlay).
 Open your preferred web browser on your Mac.
 Type the URL of BBC iPlayer’s official website in the URL text box.
 Login with your account credentials on BBC iPlayer website.
 Search for the content you want to watch on BBC iPlayer.
 Enable AirPlay on the top right corner of the menu bar of your Mac.
 Select the TV to which you want to establish a connection.
You can successfully watch BBC movies on your TV using AirPlay. Also, don’t forget to disable AirPlay on Mac when the streaming is completed.
How to AirPlay BBC iPlayer on Android TV
Nowadays, most Android TV models come with built-in AirPlay support. So, you can AirPlay on Android TV to stream your favorite BBC series. Ensure that Android TV and Apple TV are connected to the same WiFi network.
 Open BBC iPlayer on your iPhone or iPad.
 Log in with your account and play a TV show.
 Go to the Control Center and click Screen Mirroring.
 Select your Android TV to connect.
Once connected, the selected TV show will play on your Android TV.
How to Fix BBC iPlayer AirPlay Not Working
Try these methods to fix if BBC iPlayer won’t stream on AirPlay.
- Make sure you have a strong, stable, and faster internet connection.
- Keep your TV and iPhone/iPad/Mac close to each other and connected to the same WiFi.
- Ensure that no other devices are connected to AirPlay.
- Update your TV, Mac, iPhone/iPad, and BBC iPlayer app to their latest software versions.
- Clear cache files on your TV and BBC iPlayer app.
- Reinstall the BBC iPlayer app on your Apple device.
- Reset your TV.
- Check if BBC iPlayer is facing a server outage and wait until the problem is resolved.
Yes. You can watch BBC iPlayer on Apple TV by installing the app from App Store on your TV.
You can install BBC iPlayer on Apple TV only if it is running tvOS 12.0 or later.