What We Know
- AirPlay Kodi from macOS: Turn on MacBook and AirPlay compatible TV → Connect them to the same internet → Visit Kodi website → Download Kodi → Launch Kodi → Enable AirPlay → Select TV → Watch content.
- AirPlay Kodi from iOS: Turn on TV → Connect iOS & TV to same WIFI → Go to Kodi website → Download Kodi through TweakBox → Open Kodi → Tap AirPlay icon → Select AirPlay-compatible TV → Start watching.
- AirPlay Kodi to Android TV: Connect iOS and TV to same WiFi → Enable AirPlay on TV → Install Kodi through TweakBox → Launch Kodi → Select content → Tap on AirPlay → Select TV → Enter AirPlay code → Start streaming.
The good news for iPhone users is that the latest version of the Kodi app supports AirPlay. Hence, you can stream videos, music, or live TV from an iPhone/Mac to an AirPlay 2-compatible TV or Apple TV. Besides wireless mirroring, you can use a Lightning to Digital AV adapter and HDMI cable to mirror Kodi to Smart TV from your iPhone or iPad.
How to AirPlay Kodi to TV from Mac
Simply follow the steps below to AirPlay Kodi to Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible TV from your Mac.
 Firstly, ensure to connect your TV and Mac to the same WiFi network.
 Enable the AirPlay option on your TV by visiting Settings, then clicking AirPlay and Homekit and toggling Turn on AirPlay.
 Launch Kodi on your Mac after downloading it from the official website (https://kodi.tv/download/macos).
Note: Make sure to choose the exact version of Kodi based on the macOS you are using.
 Wait for the download to complete and proceed with the installation on your macOS.
 Open the Kodi app on Mac. Click the Settings icon from the top left corner of the Home screen.
 On the next page, click on Service settings.
 On the following page, under General, turn on Announce services to other systems to enable Zeroconf.
 Then, scroll down the side menu and select AirPlay.
 Now turn on Enable AirPlay Support from the center screen.
 You are now ready to watch any content on Kodi from your Mac to your TV.
How to AirPlay Kodi to TV from iPhone/iPad
It is important to note that, unlike Mac, Kodi is not officially available for iPhone/iPad. i.e., you may not find it in the App Store. However, it is available for download, requiring jailbreaking your device.
 Ensure your TV and iPhone/iPad are connected to the same WIFI.
 Tap the AirPlay option on your TV.
 Launch Kodi on your iOS after downloading it from the official website (https://kodi.tv/download/ios).
 After launching the Kodi app, follow the above instructions to enable AirPlay on Kodi.
 Later, you can play any content on Kodi and mirror it to your Apple TV or Smart TV.
Tip: You can use the device’s built-in screen mirroring option to transfer the Kodi titles to your TV.
How to AirPlay Kodi to Android TV
Once you enable AirPlay on Android TV, you can proceed with the following instructions.
1. Make sure your iOS device and the Android TV are connected to the same WiFi network.
2. Install and open the Kodi app on your iPhone.
- Use the TweakBox on your Apple device to download Kodi. Then, check whether you have toggle on the Enable AirPlay Support option before proceeding.
3. Inside the Kodi app, select the content that you wish to play.
4. Once started playing, go to Control Center and select Screen Mirroring.
5. Select your AirPlay 2 compatible TV from the available device list.
6. If prompted enter the AirPlay code and start streaming the content on your TV.
How to Mirror Kodi to Smart TV Without WiFi
1. Connect one end of the Lightning Digital AV adapter to the charging port of your iPhone and the other end with an HDMI cable.
2. Plug the other end of the HDMI cable into the HDMI port of your smart TV.
3. Switch on your TV and go to Source settings.
4. Change the source to the connected HDMI port and launch Kodi on your Apple device to start streaming all your content on your TV.
Kodi AirPlay Not Working: Possible Fixes
Since we are using a third-party app to Airplay, there are chances for the app to be unresponsive. The common problems are no video or content keeps loading for too long, the app closes suddenly, etc. Well, it can be fixed easily with simple troubleshooting tips. Try these methods if Kodi AirPlay doesn’t work.
- Make sure you have a strong, stable, and faster internet connection.
- Keep your TV and iPhone/iPad/Mac close to each other and connected to the same WIFI.
- Ensure that no other devices are connected to AirPlay.
- Update your TV, iPhone/iPad/Mac, and Kodi to their latest software versions.
- Clear cache files on your TV and Kodi.
- Reinstall the Kodi software on your Apple device.
- Reset your TV.
- Check if Kodi is facing a server outage and wait until the problem is resolved.
It is because of the outdated Kodi app. Uninstall and reinstall the latest Kodi app to fix the issue.
Open the Kodi app > Settings > Service Settings > AirPlay > Use password protection > Enter a password > Click OK.