What We Know
- AirPlay FIFA World Cup from iOS: Turn on TV → Connect iOS & TV to same WIFI → Launch Fox Sports app → Play Live TV/Highlights → Go to Control Center → Screen Mirroring → Select TV → Watch FIFA on TV.
- AirPlay FIFA World Cup from macOS: Turn on AirPlay on TV → Use same WIFI on TV & Mac → Open browser → Visit Fox Sports website → Play a video → Enable AirPlay on Mac → Choose TV → Stream the World Cup on TV.
This holiday season favored football fans across the country as they could witness the highly anticipated sports event of the year, FIFA World Cup 2022. It is the 22nd World Cup tournament by FIFA and started on November 20, 2022, and will be held till December 18, 2022. Those Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV users can now watch this FIFA tournament involving 32 teams without downloading any streaming apps. i.e., you can AirPlay FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 tournaments onto your TV if you have iOS/Mac.
How to AirPlay FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 from iOS
You can transfer your favorite team or player’s football match from your iPhone or iPad to Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible TVs.
Note: We have guided you to AirPlay FOX Sports app to watch FIFA tournaments. However, the same steps will help you watch the tournament from any of the compatible apps.
1. Connect your iPhone/iPad and AirPlay-compatible smart TV to the same WIFI.
2. Navigate to the App section of your iOS device and launch the Fox Sports app.
- Those who haven’t installed the app can install it from the App Store.
3. Now, select and watch the live match of the FIFA World Cup on your iOS.
4. Go to the Control Center and select the Screen Mirroring icon.
5. Select the TV to which you want to AirPlay, and when the connection establishes, you shall watch a live match on the TV.
How to AirPlay FIFA World Cup 2022 from Mac
It is possible to AirPlay the 22nd FIFA World Cup event from your Mac to TV if you carry out the steps below.
1. Begin by connecting your Mac and TV to the same WIFI.
2. Launch the browser of your choice on your Mac.
3. Visit the official website of Fox Sports (https://www.foxsports.com/).
4. Click on the live event of the FIFA World Cup or any other video highlights on your Mac screen.
5. Now, navigate to the menu bar of Mac to select the AirPlay icon.
6. Go ahead to select your Apple TV or AirPlay-compatible TV.
7. When the connection establishes, you will find your Mac screen on your TV.
Besides this, you can watch the FIFA World Cup events using any TV provider subscription.
Alternative Ways to Watch FIFA World Cup Via AirPlay
With a subscription to any streaming service, you shall AirPlay FIFA 2022 World Cup tournament onto your TV using the Fox Sports channel.
- Hulu+Live TV costs $69.99/month
- YouTube TV subscription is $64.99/month
- fuboTV includes FOX Sports and costs $69.99/month
- Sling TV is available for $40/month
- DirecTV Stream costs $69.99/month
- Vidgo subscription is $59.95/month
More About FIFA World Cup 2022
We have consolidated the following information for the benefit of those who are interested in knowing more details about FIFA 2022.
TV Providers Offering FIFA World Cup 2022
You can watch the FIFA World Cup with any of the below-given TV provider subscriptions.
- AT&T U-verse
- YouTube TV
Where to Watch FIFA World Cup 2022
All the 64 matches of the 2022 FIFA World Cup tournament will air on Viacom 18 Network.
Groups & Countries
There are 8 groups in the tournament, and each group has 4 countries.
|Ecuador, Netherlands, Senegal, Qatar
|England, Iran, USA, Wales
|Argentina, Mexico, Poland, Saudi Arabia
|Australia, France, Denmark, Tunisia
|Costa Rica, Germany, Japan, Spain
|Belgium, Canada, Croatia, Morocco
|Brazil, Cameroon, Serbia, Switzerland
|Ghana, Portugal, South Korea, Uruguay
Check out the date and the respective teams playing in the FIFA World Cup from the below table.
|Qatar VS Ecuador
|England VS Iran
|Senegal VS Netherlands
|Argentina VS. Saudi Arabia
|Denmark VS Tunisia
|Mexico VS Poland
|Australia VS France
|Morocco VS Croatia
|Germany VS Japan
|Spain VS Costa Rica
|Belgium VS Canada
|Switzerland VS Cameroon
|Uruguay VS South Korea
|Portugal VS Ghana
|Brazil VS Serbia
|Wales VS Iran
|Qatar VS Senegal
|Netherlands VS Ecuador
|England VS USA
|Australia VS Tunisia
|Poland VS Saudi Arabia
|France VS Denmark
|Argentina VS Mexico
|Japan VS Costa Rica
|Belgium VS Morocco
|Croatia VS Canada
|Spain VS Germany
|Cameroon VS Serbia
|South Korea VS Ghana
|Brazil VS Switzerland
|Portugal VS Uruguay
|Netherlands VS Qatar
|Ecuador VS Senegal
|Wales VS England
|Iran VS USA
|Australia VS Denmark
|Tunisia vs. France
|Poland VS Argentina
|Saudi Arabia VS Mexico
|Croatia VS Belgium
|Canada VS Morocco
|Japan VS Spain
|Costa Rica VS Germany
|South Korea VS Portugal
|Ghana VS Uruguay
|Cameroon VS Brazil
|Serbia VS Switzerland
The selected teams will participate in the Round of 16, Quarterfinals, Semifinals, and Third-Place Match. Lastly, FIFA Final match will take place on December 18, 2022.
Venue & No. of Matches
The 2022 Qatar FIFA World Cup takes place in the following locations.
|Name of the Venue
|No. of Matches
|Al Bayt Stadium
|Khalifa International Stadium
|Al Thumama Stadium
|Education City Stadium
|Al Janoub Stadium
|Ahmad bin Ali Stadium
|Stadium 974, Ras Abu Aboud
Yes. You can download FOX Sports or any other streaming service offering it as a channel to watch FIFA on Apple TV.