What We Know
- AirPlay from iOS to Apple TV – Install Facebook → Log in → Open Control Center → Screen Mirroring → Choose your Apple TV/Smart TV → Enter AirPlay code → Watch Facebook on TV.
- AirPlay from Mac to Apple TV – Visit Facebook website → Log in → Control Center → Screen Mirroring → Select Apple TV/Smart TV → Enter AirPlay passcode → Stream on TV.
- AirPlay Facebook to Android TV – Install Facebook or visit the website → Log in or Create an account → Control Center → Screen Mirroring → Choose Android TV → Watch Facebook videos on TV.
- AirPlay Facebook without WiFi – Connect the Adapter to iPhone → Plug HDMI cable into the adapter and TV → Go to Input or Source settings → Choose the HDMI port → Launch Facebook on iOS and watch on TV.
Facebook is a popular social media platform where you connect with people and get entertained in your own regional language. Instead of installing Facebook on your Apple TV, you can directly stream Facebook feeds using Apple AirPlay from an iPhone or Mac.
By connecting your TV and phone to the same WiFi network, you can watch Facebook videos on Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible TV. If there is no WiFi, you can use the Lightning to Digital AV adapter and the HDMI cable to mirror your iPhone screen to the TV.
How to AirPlay Facebook from iPhone/iPad to Apple TV
1. Enable AirPlay on your Apple TV once you turn it on. and. Go to Settings > AirPlay & HomeKit settings > Turn ON the AirPlay.
2. Connect your iPhone/iPad and the Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible device to the same WiFi network.
3. Visit the App Store on your iOS to install Facebook.
4. Launch the app on your iPhone/iPad and Log in to your account. If you are new to Facebook, create an account.
5. Swipe down on your iOS device to open the Control Center.
6. Tap on the Screen Mirroring option and choose your Apple TV/Smart TV from the list of devices.
7. Enter the AirPlay code on your iOS device, the code displayed on your TV.
8. Once connected, your iOS device will be mirrored on your TV.
Stream Facebook posts and videos on your Apple TV or other AirPlay 2-compatible TV. Once you finish watching on TV, disable the AirPlay on your iPhone to stop mirroring.
How to AirPlay Facebook from Mac to TV
1. Turn on your Mac and Apple TV.
2. Connect your Mac and the Apple TV to the same WiFi network.
3. Visit the Facebook official website and Log in to your account.
4. Click Control Center on your Mac and click Screen Mirroring.
5. Select your Apple TV or Smart TV from the nearby devices list.
6. Enter the AirPlay code on your Mac that appears on your TV.
Note: If you wish not to enter the code often. Go to Settings > AirPlay & HomeKit settings > Require code > Choose the First Time Only option.
Now you can stream Facebook on your Apple TV/Smart TV. Then simply, turn OFF the AirPlay on the Mac menu bar to stop sharing the screen to your TV.
How to AirPlay Facebook to Android TV
First, ensure that your Smart TV is AirPlay compatible by checking the AirPlay compatible devices list which Apple updates regularly. If your TV was AirPlay supported, enable AirPlay on your Android TV to proceed with the following steps.
1. Connect your iOS or Mac and the Android TV to the same WiFi network.
2. Open the Facebook app on your iPhone or visit the Facebook website on your Mac Safari browser.
3. Log in to your existing account or create a new account if you are a new Facebook user.
4. Open the Control Center on your Apple device.
5. Tap on the Screen Mirroring option and choose your Android TV.
Once paired, you can scroll through Facebook feeds on your TV.
How to AirPlay Facebook on TV Without WiFi
If your network was unstable or couldn’t pair your device using AirPlay, try another possible method. In this method you can use Lightning to Digital AV Adapter and the HDMI cable to screen mirror your iOS device to your Smart TV.
1. Connect the Lightning to Digital AV Adapter to the charging port of your IOS device.
2. Plug the HDMI cable into the Adapter connected to the iOS device.
3. Plug the other end of the HDMI cable into the HDMI port on your TV.
4. Go to Input or Source settings on your TV and choose the HDMI port to which you just plugged the HDMI cable as an input source.
5. Now, your iOS device will be mirrored on your TV.
6. Launch Facebook on your iPhone and play any video to watch it on your TV.
If the Facebook app crashes often on use and returns back to your Home page, try these fixes. Turn off the Airplane mode, reinstall the Facebook app, check your internet connection, or restart your iPhone.
Visit the Facebook login page, and enter your email, username, phone number, and password to log in to your Facebook account.