What We Know
- AirPlay from iPhone: Open Paramount Plus on iPhone → Play content → Click AirPlay icon → Choose Apple TV → Enter AirPlay Code → Stream on TV.
- AirPlay from Mac: Visit Paramount Plus website on Safari → Play content → Click AirPlay icon → Select Apple TV → Enter AirPlay Code → Watch on TV.
- AirPlay to Android TV: Open Paramount Plus on iPhone→ Play content → Tap AirPlay icon → Choose Android TV → Enter AirPlay Code → Start streaming.
My friend tried to install Paramount+ on his Apple TV (3rd generation) by visiting the App Store. However, he can’t get the Paramount+ app on his older model due to its incompatibility. So, I recommended my friend use the AirPlay feature to watch Paramount Plus on an Apple TV.
In this article, I have explained the procedure to AirPlay Paramount+ to an AirPlay 2 compatible TV.
How to AirPlay Paramount Plus from iPhone to Apple TV
You can install the Paramount Plus app from the App Store on your iPhone to AirPlay content on bigger screens like Apple TV.
1. Run the app and sign in to Paramount Plus using the associated credentials (Not Apple ID).
2. Next, tap the content to begin playing on the device.
3. Click the AirPlay icon on the device and choose your Apple TV from the list of devices.
4. Enter the AirPlay Code on your device to connect.
5. Now, you can see the content streaming on the Apple TV.
Tips! Similarly, you can also AirPlay Hulu to Apple devices to stream Hulu content.
Screen Mirror Paramount Plus to Apple TV
1. Start playing the content on your iPhone’s Paramount+ app.
2. Swipe down the Control Centre and tap the Screen Mirroring icon.
3. Choose your Apple TV by tapping on the device.
4. After entering the AirPlay code, you can start casting the content on your Apple TV by screen mirroring.
Note: Once you have finished streaming, turn OFF AirPlay on your iPhone to stop screen-sharing content to your Apple TV.
How to AirPlay Paramount Plus to Android TV
Like Apple TV, you can also AirPlay to your Android TV from Apple devices (iPhone, iPad, Mac).
1. First, navigate to the Settings → AirPlay & HomeKit Settings → Turn ON AirPlay.
2. Run the Paramount+ app, play the content, and hit the AirPlay icon.
3. Choose your Android TV from the list and connect to it.
Now, you can play movies and TV shows on your Android TV using AirPlay.
How to AirPlay Paramount Plus from Mac to Apple TV
1. Before streaming, you must turn on AirPlay on your Mac.
2. Next, open the browser and navigate to the Paramount Plus official website.
3. Sign in with the credentials and play any content you choose.
4. Click the AirPlay icon and choose your Apple TV.
That’s it! The content will start streaming on your Apple TV from your Mac.
Once you have completed watching, remember to turn OFF the AirPlay on your Mac.
How to Mirror Paramount Plus to Smart TV Without WiFi
Like the AirPlay method, there is an alternative way to screen-share content from your iPhone to your Smart TV. You can screen share content to the TV using a Lightning to Digital AV Adapter and an HDMI cable.
1. Connect the Lightning to Digital AV Adapter to the charging port of your iPhone.
2. Get an HDMI cable and plug one end into your TV’s HDMI port and the other into the Adapter connected to your iPhone.
3. Go to the Source Settings on your Smart TV and choose the HDMI Port you just plugged in the cable.
4. Play any content on your iPhone and stream it on a big screen.
How to Fix AirPlay Not Working on Paramount Plus
Paramount Plus AirPlay may fail to work if there are technical issues in the app or device. In such cases, the AirPlay icon may not show up, no audio, or the screen may turn black. These errors may occur when your network is unstable or due to outdated firmware. Try these methods to resolve the issue.
- Check your WiFi signal strength and speed.
- Reduce the distance between your AirPlay-connected devices.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Paramount Plus app.
- Update the firmware of your app and the devices.
- Restart your Apple devices and the Smart TV.
- Disable the VPN, Airplane mode, and auto-lock feature.
No. You can watch the content on the Paramount Plus channel on Apple TV by subscribing to Paramount’s Premium Plan at $9.99/mon. The big plus of the Premium subscription is that you can stream and watch content without ads.
First, launch the Apple TV app → Find and tap the Paramount Plus channel → Click on Try it Free or Subscribe → Next, sign in using the Apple ID. Finally, the Paramount Plus channel will be linked to your Apple TV.