Westinghouse TVs are one of the best and most affordable Smart TVs that come with advanced features. Notably, Westinghouse TV has native AirPlay support on its television models running Roku OS 9.4 or later. With this feature, users can AirPlay their preferable video or audio content from their iOS device or Mac to the TV. If you don’t have an AirPlay 2 compatible Smart TV, don’t worry. You can use lightning to digital AV adapter to mirror any content from your iPhone or iPad.
How to Enable AirPlay on Westinghouse TV
If you have an AirPlay 2-supported Smart TV, you should turn on AirPlay on Roku TV to proceed further.
1. Hit the Power button on the Westinghouse TV remote to turn on the device.
2. From the Home screen, go to the Settings option.
3. Under Settings, choose the Apple AirPlay and HomeKit option.
4. Choose the AirPlay option and turn it On.
5. Under the Require Code section, choose the preferable pairing option.
How to AirPlay to Westinghouse TV from iPhone/iPad
1. Connect your iPhone or iPad and the Westinghouse TV to the same WiFi network.
2. On your iOS device, choose the photo, audio, or video that you want to mirror to Westinghouse TV.
3. Go to the Control Center on your iOS device and choose the Screen Mirroring icon or if you find the AirPlay icon present on the media screen, click on that.
4. From the list of available devices, choose the Westinghouse TV Name.
5. Once the connection is established, the mirrored content will be displayed on the Westinghouse TV screen.
How to AirPlay to Westinghouse TV From Mac
1. Connect the MacBook and the Westinghouse TV to the same internet connection.
2. On the Mac device, open a preferable content that you need to mirror to Westinghouse TV.
3. Click the AirPlay icon present on the status bar of the Mac.
4. A list of devices will appear on your screen, choose the Westinghouse TV name.
5. Once pairing is successful, you can watch the selected content on the big screen of your TV.
Note: If you have finished AirPlay mirroring, don’t forget to turn off AirPlay on your Mac.
How to AirPlay to Old Westinghouse TV
Unfortunately, the basic models from this brand will not support the AirPlay function. Nonetheless, you can still screen mirror the content from your Mac or iOS device to your old Westinghouse TV with a help of an HDMI cable and a Lightning-to-HDMI adapter.
1. Connect the lightning end of the adapter to your iOS or Mac.
2. Then, plug one end of the HDMI cable into the adapter and the other end into the Westinghouse TV.
3. Now, select the appropriate HDMI channel as your TV input.
4. Play any content on your Mac or iOS device and watch it on your Westinghouse TV.
How to Fix AirPlay Not Working on Westinghouse Roku TV
If you have any difficulties in AirPlay the content to Westinghouse Roku TV, it can be resolved with the simple troubleshooting techniques listed below.
- Westinghouse Roku TV and mirroring device need to be connected to the same WiFi network.
- Check if AirPlay is enabled on the Westinghouse Roku TV.
- Restart the Westinghouse TV and the Apple device once to resolve the connectivity issues.
- Update Westinghouse TV and Apple device to the latest firmware.
- Ensure to turn off the Airplane mode on the iOS device.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can use the Lightning to Digital AV adapter to AirPlay the content from your iOS device to the TV without a WiFi network.
All the latest Westinghouse Roku TVs come with Apple AirPlay support.