Siri, an artificially intelligent voice assistant, is developed for Apple users. It allows users to control their Apple devices over their voice commands. Users can make use of the Siri AirPlay 2 Commands to control the TV screen without the remote controller. It even makes life easier for those who are fed up with typing on the TV using remote controllers. We have listed the most commonly used Siri AirPlay 2 commands to control the playback on your AirPlay 2 compatible TV, AirPlay compatible speakers, smart home devices, and many more.
Why Use Siri AirPlay 2 Commands
For the following reasons, one may opt to control the playback on AirPlay-compatible devices.
- Siri is simple and easy to use over voice. No need to rely on the remote controller.
- Users can speak naturally without needing to memorize the commands.
- It comes with Non-English language options also.
- Siri supports 21 languages from 36 countries.
- It is also used to navigate maps, control smart home devices, etc.
- Also, kids can use Siri for educational purposes.
Pre-Requisites to Use Siri AirPlay 2 Commands
- An iPhone, iPad, or HomePod
- An Apple TV 4K, Apple TV HD, or AirPlay 2-Compatible Smart TV
- You should install the Home app to add your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-Compatible TV and then assign a room.
Best AirPlay 2 Siri Playback Control Commands
Simply say “Hey Siri,” or press the button for Siri and say the desired commands given below to control your Playback.
To Play Song, Album, Artist, Track, Playlist, Genre:
- “Play ‘Who says’ by Selena Gomez on all speakers”
- “Play Sean Paul”
- “Play Taylor Swift’s new album”
- “Play some 80s music”
- “Play some hip-hop songs”
Shuffle a Playlist, Song, or Album:
- “Shuffle my ‘Dance playlist’ in the basement”
- “Shuffle ‘Bones by Imagine Dragons’ on all speakers”
Increase or Decrease Volume:
- “Turn up the Volume in the Living Room”
- “Turn down the Volume in the bedroom”
Mute or Unmute Music:
- “Mute in the kitchen and bedroom”
- “Unmute in the Home Theatre and Gym Room”
Stop/Pause or Skip Song:
- “Stop playing in the Kids’ bedroom”
- “Pause Music”
- “Continue playing ‘Workout Playlist’ in the Gym Room”
- “Play the next song”
To Go Back or Repeat:
- “Play the album before this one”
- “Repeat the last song”
- “Repeat Playlist”
- “Repeat Album”
- “Fast forward this song 20 seconds”
- “Rewind this song 40 seconds
Play different Songs in Different Rooms:
- “Play ‘Old Town Down by Lil Nas X’ in the Living room and ‘Shape of You by Ed Sheeran’ in the Gym room”
Siri AirPlay 2 Commands for Multi-Room Control
If you prefer to use Siri commands with AirPlay devices available in different rooms, you shall use the following commands. Ensure to mention the room name before you summon Siri.
- Pause Current Song: “Pause Music”
- Skip this Song: “Play the Next Song”
- Go Back to a Song: “Play the song before this one”
- Add song to Up Next to “Play Next”, Even while a song is playing: “Play ‘Cheap Thrills’ next”
- Add song to Up Next to “Play Later”, Even while a song is playing: “Play ‘Wednesday’ later”
Other Siri AirPlay 2 Commands
Listed down are the few other ways to use Siri commands with the AirPlay 2 devices.
Play Songs as per your Mood
- “Play some happy songs”
- “Play melody music”
- “Play some chill music”
- “Play some rainy day music”
Play Music for an Activity
- “Play music to study”
- “Play some workout music”
- “Play music for a dinner party”
Like and Unlike songs
- “I like this song”
- “I don’t like this Song”
- “Play more music like this”
To find out the songs name, artist, and album
- “What’s the name of this song”
- “Who sings this song”
- “What album is this on”
To Add music to your Playlist or library:
- “Add this song to my favorites playlist”
- “Add this song to my library”
- “Add this album, to my library”
Siri AirPlay 2 Commands to Listen to Apple Podcasts
Those avid podcast-listening users can use the following commands to which playing their favorite podcast.
To Play and Follow Podcasts
- “Play ‘My Favorite Murder’ podcast”
- “Play the latest episode of Office Ladies”
- “Follow this show”
To Control and Playback
- “Pause Podcast”
- “Rewind 30 seconds”
- “Play this twice as fast”
- “Skip ahead 10 minutes”
Siri AirPlay 2 Commands to Listen to Live & On-Demand Radio
- “Play WINS”
- “Play Apple Music 1”
- “Play the latest episode of iDale Play!”
Siri AirPlay 2 Commands to Play Video
- “Play this on the living room TV”
- “Play this on the bedroom Apple TV”
To Control the Video:
- “Play Video”
- “Pause Video”
- “Rewind this video 30 seconds”
- “Fast forward this video to 60 seconds
To Control your TV
- “Turn on the bedroom TV”
- “Stop the bedroom TV”
- “Play the living room TV”
- Skip 30 seconds on the living room Apple TV”
Frequently Asked Questions
No, there is no Siri support made available for Android devices. But you can use other popular voice assistants like Alexa, Bixby, Cortana, Google Assistant, Robin, and many more.