YouTube is a video-sharing web application that makes it easy to watch many creative or informative contents. Fortunately, this app is compatible with all devices, including iPhone, Android, Mac, PC, and more. AirPlay is an exclusive feature to mirror the contents from Apple devices to AirPlay-compatible TVs. Moreover, YouTube has a built-in AirPlay icon to easily share the screen. However, we might encounter situations when the YouTube AirPlay is not working anymore. So, you might have to try out all the reliable troubleshooting methods to fix this issue and ensure that it does not happen again in the future.
Methods to Fix YouTube AirPlay Not Working Issue
Though several factors can stop YouTube Airplay from working normally, we should also be aware of the fixes. So next, try all the possible fixes and see what works for you.
Close All Apps Running in the Background
The Random Access Memory of an Apple TV is very low, so if the device is having a problem playing the YouTube video, try closing all the application that is running in the background. Here is how to force close the running applications.
1. Turn on the Apple TV and double-tap the Home Button on your Siri Remote.
2. In the Application Switcher, you can see all the active apps in the background.
3. Now, you can simply swipe through the apps and close the apps one-by-one.
4. Once you close the apps, press the Home button and navigate to the Main screen.
5. Finally, try to run the YouTube app again to check if it works fine without issue.
Restart Apple Devices
There can be internal glitches in the Apple Device that would interrupt the YouTube AirPlay feature. So, all the temporary errors will be removed by restarting the devices. The restarting process is very simple; all you have to do is to ensure that the devices are off. Then, unplug the Apple TV from the power supply, wait for a while and plug them back into the socket. Now check if the AirPlay is working fine.
- On Apple TV – Go to Settings → Click on the System tab → Scroll down to Restart.
- iPhone/ iPad – Settings → General → Shutdown → Hold the power button to switch on the device.
- Mac – Apple icon → Restart.
Check Updates on Devices
Apple, as well as YouTube, would be providing updates frequently to give a better user experience. So, using outdated firmware can also be a reason to interrupt YouTube AirPlay from working.
Update iPhone/ iPad
Go to Settings → General → Software Update → Tap Download & Install.
Click on the Apple Menu → Go to System Preferences → Software Update.
Update Apple TV
Go to the Settings tab → Click on the Systems option → Go to Software Updates.
Go to the App Store → Search YouTube → Update (if available).
Check Your Internet Connection
The primary requirement of an AirPlay is to have a stable WiFi connection. So you can check the speed of the internet using third-party websites like fast.com. If it records a lesser internet speed, you can try to power cycle the router to establish a connection with the internet service provider. Now, check the speed of the internet again. If the issue is still not fixed, you will have to contact the ISP to get this issue fixed. And also, ensure to disconnect all the other devices from the WiFi network using AirPlay.
Re-install YouTube App
When the YouTube app suddenly stops working, there are chances for some settings to be changed or corrupted. So, to fix this issue, we might have to delete and re-install the YouTube application on your Apple device.
1. Hold the YouTube App on the device until the icon wiggles.
2, Now, Press the pause or the Play button on the Siri remote and click on the Delete option.
3. Go to the App Store on the Apple device and reinstall the YouTube app.
Check the DNS Settings and Apple TV’s IP
1. Turn on the Apple TV, and go to the settings option.
2. Navigate to the General Tab, and select the Network tab.
3. Select the WiFi or Ethernet tab, and ensure all the settings are correct.
4. Now, set the configure IP and DNS settings to Automatic.
5. Once done, restart the Apple TV, try using the YouTube app, and check if it is working fine.
Reset Apple TV
The last thing that can be done to fix the issue is to try resetting the Apple TV. But, be aware that all the data will be erased when we reset the Apple TV.
1. Turn on the Apple TV and go to the Home screen.
2. Navigate to the Settings menu, and click on the Systems tab.
3. Scroll down and locate the Reset option.
4. By doing so, the Apple TV will return to the factory settings. Now, try to AirPlay YouTube and check if it is working.
When none of the above methods helps, we might have to reach out to Apple TV’s official support team. So they will be able to help you resolve the issue.
Open the YouTube app, and select the content you wish to stream. Then, on the interface, tap on the TV streaming icon and select the device on which you would like to AirPlay.