What We Know
- Screen Mirror from iOS: Install Yahoo Sports on iPhone or iPad → Go to Control Center → Click Screen Mirroring → Select your TV.
- AirPlay from Mac: Open Safari on Mac → Visit Yahoo Sports website → Click the Control Center icon → Select Screen Mirroring → Choose your Apple TV or Smart TV → Enter AirPlay passcode if prompted.
- Airplay on Android TV: Enable AirPlay on your Android TV→ Open Yahoo Sports on iPhone or iPad → Open Control Center → Tap Screen Mirroring → Connect your TV.
Yahoo Sports is a sports streaming service to watch live scores, match highlights, news, and fantasy game predictions. AirPlay lets you elevate the streaming experience to the fullest. Using AirPlay, you can stream content on a big screen instead of watching it on a compact mobile or tablet.
Nowadays, most Android TVs have native Apple AirPlay support. So you can mirror the content from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac to AirPlay-2 compatible TV with ease. Even if your Smart TV is unsupported by AirPlay, you can still watch the content using HDMI and Lightning to Digital AV adapter.
How to AirPlay Yahoo Sports from iPhone/iPad
1. Connect your iPhone or iPad to the same WiFi network as your Apple TV or AirPlay-compatible smart TV.
2. Open the App Store on your iPhone and install Yahoo Sports.
3. After it gets installed, open the Yahoo Sports app.
4. Log in to your Yahoo account to continue.
5. Next, open the Control Center on your iPhone or iPad.
6. Tap the Screen Mirroring icon.
7. Choose your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV from the devices.
Note: Optionally, play a video on Yahoo Sports and click the AirPlay icon that appears in the video player.
8. Enter the AirPlay passcode if it prompts for it.
Finally, start streaming live sports, highlights, and sports news on Apple TV using AirPlay.
Note: In case you come across no sound while you AirPlay/screen mirror, you can fix the issue by updating the app and TV to the latest version.
How to AirPlay Yahoo Sports from Mac
1. Ensure to connect your Mac and AirPlay receiver to the same WIFI network.
2. Launch Safari on Mac and go to sports.yahoo.com.
3. Tap the Sign in button at the top right corner and log in with valid credentials.
4. Further, click the Control Center icon on the Mac menu bar.
5. From the drop-down option, click on the Screen Mirroring icon.
Note: If you are using macOS Big Sur 11.0 or earlier, click the AirPlay icon at the top menu bar.
6. After that, choose your Apple TV or Smart TV from the available devices.
7. If prompted, enter the AirPlay passcode to pair your TV.
8. Start watching expert commentaries, live scores, and the latest updates on your favorite sports.
Note: When your device is not in use, it is recommended to disable AirPlay on Mac.
How to AirPlay Yahoo Sports to Android TV
1. Turn on your TV and enable AirPlay on your Android TV.
2. Connect your Apple device and Android TV to the same WiFi network.
3. Launch the Yahoo Sports app on your Apple device.
4. Next, open the Control Center on your iPhone/iPad.
5. Click on the Screen Mirroring icon.
6. Select your Android TV from the list of devices.
7. If prompted, enter the AirPlay code that appears on your TV.
Once paired, you can start to stream content on your Android TV using AirPlay.
How to AirPlay Yahoo Sports to Smart TV Without WiFi
If you have a poor internet connection or can’t use WiFi on the TV, don’t worry. You can use the Lightning to Digital AV adapter and HDMI cable to mirror Yahoo Sports on TV without WiFi.
1. Connect the Lighting Digitial AV adapter to the iPhone charging port.
2. Plug one end of the HDMI cable into the adapter and the other end into the HDMI port of your TV.
3. Go to the Input settings on your TV and choose the HDMI port that you just plug in.
4. Now open the Yahoo Sports app on your iPhone and play the content you want.
Enjoy watching the content on a big screen without installing the app on your TV.
How to Fix Yahoo Sports AirPlay Not Working
At times, AirPlay may stop working while streaming Yahoo Sports on your TV. As a result, you won’t hear audio, the content may keep loading or the app may crash. The reasons include poor network connectivity, outdated firmware, etc. However, the issues can be fixed with some workarounds.
- Make sure that your devices are connected to a stable WiFi network.
- Place the AirPlay-connected devices close to each other.
- Uninstall and reinstall Yahoo Sports on your Apple device.
- Restart both your iOS device and the Android TV.
- Update both devices’ firmware.
- Disable the Airplane mode on your iPhone, if it’s enabled.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can check the list of Airplay-enabled Android TVs by visiting the Apple official website.
Download Yahoo Sports on your Android from the Google Play Store. Connect your Android and TV to the same WIFI network. Swipe down the screen and click the Screencast icon. From the list of devices, select your Android TV. From the pop-up, click on Start Now to start casting.