What We Know
- AirPlay from iOS: Open Pandora → Login Account → Play Song → Tap on the AirPlay icon Select Apple TV → Enter Passcode → Stream music.
- AirPlay from Mac: Open Pandora → Sign in Account → Select Music → Click AirPlay Icon → Select Apple TV → Stream music.
- AirPlay to Android TV: Open Pandora → Log in → Play a song → Click AirPlay icon → Select Android TV → Enter AirPlay code → Listen to music on TV.
Pandora is a standalone music streaming service having over 30 million songs. Pandora application is available on Apple TV models running tvOS 11.0 or later. If you have older Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible TV, you can use AirPlay to listen to Pandora songs on your TV without installing an app. For this to work, connect your iPhone and Apple TV/Smart TV to the same WiFi network.
What are Pandora-compatible Devices
To AirPlay Pandora to TV, ensure that your device meets the minimum requirements.
- iPhone requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- iPad requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Apple TV requires tvOS 11.0 or later.
How to AirPlay Pandora From iPhone or iPad
Firstly, connect your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible device and iOS to the same WiFi network.
1. Install the Pandora app from the App Store on your iOS device.
2. After it gets installed, open the Pandora app.
3. Log in to your Pandora account.
4. Play a song of your choice and click the AirPlay 2 icon.
5. Select your Apple TV or Smart TV from the nearby devices.
6. If prompted, enter the AirPlay code that appears on the TV screen.
Using AirPlay 2, you can enjoy streaming your favorite music on your TV in high quality. Remember to turn OFF the AirPlay on your iPhone when not in use.
How to AirPlay Pandora from Mac
1. Connect your Mac and AirPlay 2-compatible device or Apple TV to the same WiFi network.
2. Install the Pandora desktop app on your Mac.
- Download link: Pandora for Mac
3. After the installation, open the Pandora app.
4. Then, sign in to your Pandora account.
5. From the music library, click on a song to play.
7. Click the AirPlay icon in the album.
8. Select your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible device to connect.
That’s it. Using AirPlay, listen to all popular albums and podcasts on Pandora. After listening to songs, disable AirPlay on your Mac.
How to AirPlay Pandora to Android TV
1. Turn on and enable AirPlay on your Android TV.
2. Connect your iOS or Mac and the Android TV to the same WiFi network.
3. Install the Pandora app on your iOS or Mac device.
4. Launch the app and play a song.
5. Tap on the AirPlay icon at the right of the track info.
6. Select your Android TV from the list of available devices.
7. Enter the AirPlay passcode that appears on your TV.
Now, you can listen to Pandora songs on your Android TV. You can even AirPlay to Sonos if you would like to experience rich bass and crisp sound.
How to Fix Pandora AirPlay Not Working
Pandora AirPlay may not be working due to several reasons such as internet connection failures, corrupted data on the app, or temporary malfunction in devices. We recommend you with some troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.
- Check the internet connection, if it is unstable switch on to a stable network or restart your WiFi router.
- Remove the obstacles that block the AirPlay signal between your Apple device and the TV.
- Turn off the Airplane mode on your iOS device.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Pandora app.
- Update the AirPlay-connected device’s Firmware.
- Restart your Apple device and the Smart TV.
Yes, you can listen to Pandora songs via Apple CarPlay.
Although Pandora is very popular for its customized radio stations, Spotify is comparatively better with its additional features and social sharing options.