Dailymotion is a famous video streaming service that allows you to explore all the latest and greatest news, video content, high-quality music tracks, sports, and much more. You can get access to more than 30 million video contents of Dailymotion on various devices, including your Apple TV if it is AirPlay compatible. However, users will find Dailymotion not working while AirPlay at times, and it needs to be fixed.
Possible Causes for Dailymotion AirPlay Not Working
You cannot AirPlay Dailymotion titles for the following reasons.
- Using the AirPlay incompatible device.
- Your TV and iOS devices are connected to different networks.
- Unstable or fluctuating internet connection.
- Temporary malfunction in devices due to bugs and glitches.
- Your devices need to be updated.
How to Fix Dailymotion AirPlay Not Working
You can give your hand on the following fixes in no particular order to resolve AirPlay not working with Dailymotion.
- Check Device Compatibility
- Connect both devices to the same network.
- Check internet connection
- Re-establish WIFI and AirPlay Connection
- Power recycle the devices
- Update your devices
- Uninstall and Reinstall the app
- Restart the device
- Check the Dailymotion server status
Check Device Compatibility
If you face any trouble connecting your device via AirPlay, the first thing you must check is the device compatibility. Make sure that the device model you are using is compatible with AirPlay. Sometimes, updating the OS with the latest software version can support AirPlay. If your smart TV does not support AirPlay 2, try using AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV models like Apple TV, Samsung TV, LG TV, Roku TV, Sony TV, Firestick, Vizio, etc.
Connect Devices on the Same Network
While connecting devices through AirPlay, it is essential to connect iOS/Mac devices and AirPlay-compatible TVs to the same network. As devices connect to the nearby network automatically, you should manually check whether the connected network on both devices is the same. Furthermore, interference may also hinder the proper functioning of AirPlay. To reduce Interference from other devices, ensure that cellular data and Bluetooth on nearby devices are turned off while using AirPlay.
Check Internet Speed
To establish a stable connection between the devices using the AirPlay feature, you should have a stable internet connection. High-speed internet plays a significant role in seamlessly streaming content via AirPlay. Check the speed of your network and try to use the WIFI with high signal strength. Dailymotion requires a network speed of 500 kbps for streaming 240p content. Visit fast.com to check if the signal strength is weak. If the speed is weak, you may face trouble AirPlaying the content from your iOS devices.
Re-Establish WIFI and AirPlay Connection
You can easily fix the Dailymotion app AirPlay not working issue by re-establishing the WIFI and AirPlay connection.
- Turn on AirPlay mode on all your mirroring devices.
- Disconnect all the other devices connected to the AirPlay.
- Ensure you have turned off the AirPlane mode to establish the network connection.
- Connect it back and check the WIFI quality.
Power Recycling Devices
Power recycling is a simple yet effective fixing technique to resolve AirPlay-related issues. Follow the below steps to power recycle your devices.
1). Turn off the devices and router.
2). Unplug the devices from the power socket. On mobile phones, turn on Airplane mode.
3). After a few seconds, plug in the power cable to the router.
4) Power on the router and wait until the router is completely turned on.
5). Now, connect the devices to the power socket and turn it on.
6). Pair the devices with the router and check for a stable internet connection.
Update Your Devices & App
Most of the time, using an outdated app or device OS will cause various issues, including AirPlay connection issues. To resolve the issue, check whether the app or device you are using is not outdated. If your devices run on outdated versions, update them to the latest software version to ensure the proper functioning of the app or device.
Update Dailymotion App
- On your iOS device, launch the App Store.
- Tap the Search icon and type Dailymotion in the search box.
- Hit the Update option to update the Dailymotion to the latest version.
Check iOS Version
- On your iOS device, open Settings.
- Choose General.
- Select the Software Update option.
- Tap Install to update the iOS device to its latest software.
Update TV Firmware
- On your TV remote, press the Home button to launch the device.
- Choose Settings.
- Select Support
- Tap Software Update
- Hit the Update Now option to update the TV OS to its latest version.
Uninstall and Reinstall App
If your remains the same and you find no improvement after updating the app to the latest software version, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. In most cases, reinstalling the app works because it removes technical bugs and glitches and replaces the old corrupted app data files with new files, which helps to regain the normal functionality of your app.
Restart Your Device
If none of the above fixing techniques come to your rescue, it’s time to factory reset your device. Remember that factory resetting your devices will wipe out all the data files and apps from your device. It is essential to back up the data on your device before performing the factory reset. After factory resetting your device, restart your device and check whether the issue gets resolved.
Restart iOS device
- On your iOS device, long press the Volume button and sleep/wake button.
- Tap on the Restart option to power off your device.
- Once again, press the Power button to switch on the device.
Restart Smart TV
To restart your smart TV, turn off and unplug all the cables. Then, replug it and turn it on to restart your TV to resolve Dailymotion AirPlay, not working issues.
Check Dailymotion Server Status
If Dailymotion has a server outage, then you will face issues when you try to AirPlay it’s content. Visit Dailymotion’s official Twitter handle or down detector to discover the real-time status of the server. If you find downtime in the server, wait for it to return to normal functioning.
If you are using your Mac to stream the contents from the Dailymotion website, you need to check whether the Firewall is blocking the site. And also, make sure that browser extensions and plugins are not blocking the Dailymotion site. You can also try clearing the browser cache and cookies to resolve the issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You can watch the content from the Dailymotion app or website for free.
If the Dailymotion stops working all of a sudden, it’s probably due to the overloading in the server. It also occurs when you can reach the server due to various network issues or the crashing of the server. Try streaming the contents of Dailymotion after a few minutes