What We Know
- AirPlay QuickTime Player from Mac: Turn on AirPlay on TV → Connect Mac & TV to same WIFI → Install QuickTime Player → Play video → Select AirPlay → Choose TV → Start watching.
QuickTime Player is an Apple media player with which you can play movie trailers, internet videos, etc. It is officially available for macOS and Windows. The macOS version of QuickTime Player contains the AirPlay feature by default that lets you easily stream media files from Mac to an Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV. QuickTime uses the H.264 video compression technology and thus ensures the best video quality. It has easy-to-use controls with a simple user interface.
How to AirPlay QuickTime Player from Mac
 Turn on AirPlay on TV under Settings.
 Connect your Mac and TV to the same internet.
 Install QuickTime Player on Mac from Apple‘s official site.
 Launch and play your desired video on Mac with QuickTime Player.
 Select the AirPlay icon from the right side of the player control tab.
 Choose your TV after scanning.
 Then, you can start watching QuickTime Player videos on TV through AirPlay.
Note: If you want a different media player to watch your favorite media, you should AirPlay OPlayer on Apple TV/Smart TV.
How to Fix QuickTime Player AirPlay Not Working Issue
Apply the steps below to fix QuickTime AirPlay not working issue.
- Ensure that your TV and Mac are connected to the same internet.
- Confirm if your TV is compatible with the AirPlay-2 feature.
- Keep your Mac and TV close to each other and WIFI.
- Make sure that no other devices are connected to WIFI and AirPlay.
- Connect your Mac and TV to strong, stable, and faster internet.
- Update QuickTime Player, Mac, and TV to their latest software versions.
You can find QuickTime Player on Mac by opening Launchpad from the apps tab at the bottom of the desktop screen.
There is no QuickTime Player on iPhone/iPad as it is not supported for iOS.
QuickTime Player is available for both Mac and Windows. But its default AirPlay option is only available on Mac.
Yes. You can AirPlay any video on Mac by enabling the AirPlay option from the menu bar on the top right corner of the desktop screen, provided the TV has AirPlay compatibility too.