What We Know
- AirPlay from iOS: Connect iOS and TV to the same WIFI → Open Control Center → Screen Mirroring → Select your TV → Open DirecTV Stream → Play content → Stream on TV.
- AirPlay from Mac: Connect Mac and TV to same WIFI → Launch Safari on Mac → Visit DirecTV Stream website → Sign in → Play content → Click AirPlay icon → Select TV → Watch on TV.
- AirPlay to Android TV: Connect TV and iOS to same WIFI → Enable AirPlay on TV → Open DirecTV Stream → Play content → Open Control Center → Screen Mirroring → Select your TV → Start watching on TV.
DirecTV Stream is an application where you can watch TV channels, live sports, TV shows, movies, etc. Although DirecTV Stream is unavailable for your TV, no need to worry. You can use AirPlay to stream the content from your iPhone to an Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible TV. For this to work, connect your Apple device and TV to the same WiFi network. If your TV doesn’t support Airplay, you can mirror the content from your iPhone to your TV using a Lightning to Digital AV adapter and HDMI cable.
How to AirPlay DirecTV Stream from iOS
(1) Turn on your Apple or AirPlay-compatible TV.
(2) Connect your TV and iOS device to the same WIFI network.
(3) Swipe down from the right side corner of your iOS device to open the Control Center of your iOS device.
(4) Tap the Screen Mirroring option.
(5) Select your Apple TV or AirPlay-compatible TV from the list of devices.
(6) If your TV and iOS device are paired with each other, you are ready to start streaming the content.
(7) Launch the DirecTV app on your iOS device.
- If you don’t own the app, install it from the App Store.
(8) Select and play your favorite content on your iOS device to mirror the content on your TV.
Note: If you want to watch more live TV or on-demand titles, you shall AirPlay Hulu to TV from an Apple device.
How to AirPlay DirecTV Stream from Mac
(1) Turn on your AirPlay-compatible TV and MacBook.
(2) Ensure that both devices are connected to the same WIFI network.
(3) Launch the Safari browser on your Mac.
(4) Visit the official website of DirecTV.
(5) Click on the Sign in option and enter your credentials to access your DirecTV account.
(6) Select and play the content you need to mirror on your Apple or AirPlay-compatible TV.
(7) Now, click on the AirPlay icon at the top.
(8) Select your AirPlay-compatible TV from the list of available devices.
(9) Start mirroring the content on your Apple or AirPlay-compatible TV. If you have finished streaming, you can turn off AirPlay on your Mac.
Note: To stream more sports-related events, you shall AirPlay Fox Sports Go/Bally Sports to TV.
How to AirPlay DirecTV to Android TV
By enabling AirPlay on Android TV, you can stream the content from your mobile to the Android TV.
(1) Turn on your Android TV and connect your TV and iOS device to the same WiFi network.
(2) Open the DirecTV app on your iPhone, log in to your account, and play any TV channel.
(3) Go to the Control Center of your iOS and select the Screen Mirroring icon.
(4) Select your Apple TV or AirPlay-compatible TV from the list of available devices.
(5) Now, you can start streaming the TV channel from your iPhone to the TV.
How to Airplay DirecTV to Smart TV Without WiFi
You can also mirror DirecTV from your Apple device to the smart TV using an HDMI cable and a Lightning to Digital AV Adapter. It is recommended to use when your WiFi is continuously disconnecting due to unknown reasons.
1. Connect one end of the Lightning to Digital AV Adapter to your iPhone Charging port and the other end with the HDMI cable.
2. Plug the other end of the HDMI cable into the HDMI port on your TV.
3. Start your TV and navigate to the Source settings.
4. Change the source to the connected HDMI on your TV.
5. Now install and open the DirecTV app on your iPhone. Play any live TV and you can watch the content on your Android TV.
How to Fix DirecTV AirPlay Not Working
Occassionally, AirPlay may be unresponsive so that you won’t hear audio, the app might crash, or the app won’t play any content. Luckily, it can be fixed easily with simple troubleshooting methods.
- Connect the Apple device and the Smart TV to a stable WiFi network.
- Place your iOS device near your AirPlay-enabled TV.
- Uninstall and reinstall the DirecTV app on your device.
- Check the AirPlay-connected devices are updated to the latest software.
- Restart your iPhone/iPad and the Smart TV.
- Turn off Bluetooth and Airplane mode on your mobile device.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, the DIRECTV app does not come up with the AirPlay feature, but you can screen mirror the content from mobile to TV.
Yes. You can download the DIRECTV application from the App Store on your Apple TV. Make sure that your Apple TV runs with tvOS 12.0 or later.