- Screen Mirroring to LG TV from Android: Enable Screen Share on LG TV → pull down the Notification panel → click Cast icon → choose your LG TV → start screen mirroring.
- Screen Mirroring from Windows: Enable Screen Share → click Settings on Windows → Devices → Bluetooth and Other Devices → Add Bluetooth or Other Device → Wireless Display or Dock → choose your LG TV to start screen mirroring.
- Mirroring from iOS/Mac: Enable AirPlay on LG TV → open Control Center → click Screen Mirroring → choose your LG TV → start mirroring.
- Using Device Connector Option: Open Device Connector on LG TV → select Smartphone/PC → Content Share → follow on-screen prompts → start screen mirroring.
- Using Third-party Apps: Install the Screen Mirroring app on your smartphone or PC to screen mirror to your LG TV.
If you own an LG TV and are looking for ways to screen mirror your favorite content to a bigger screen? This article has you covered. With many innovative features, you can easily start screen mirroring to an LG smart TV to watch photos, videos, or any content from Android and iOS devices without traditional wires and cables.
Unfortunately, LG smart TVs don’t have built-in Chromecast support, so you can’t cast the content from your Android devices or PCs. On the contrary, you can screen mirror the content on TV using third-party apps or the Screen Share feature. Additionally, you can turn on the AirPlay feature to screen mirror with your iOS or Mac devices.
However, this article will guide you through the step-by-step procedure to screen mirror to LG Smart TV using different devices.
How to Screen Mirror Android/Windows PC to LG TV
The built-in Screen Share app is the most effective method to screen mirror your Android and Windows PC to LG TV. Using this app, you can easily screen mirror your PC to an LG webOS TV without interruptions.
Setting Up LG TV for Screen Mirroring
1. Turn on your LG Smart TV and press the Home button on your remote control.
2. Ensure your PC and LG TV are connected to the same WiFi network.
3. After that, scroll through and launch the Screen Share app on LG TV.
Now, your LG Smart TV is ready to screen mirror.
Screen Mirror Android to LG TV
1. After enabling the screen mirroring feature, fetch your Android device and pull down the Notification panel.
2. Click the Cast icon to screen mirror the content.
3. Now, choose your LG TV from the list of available devices.
4. Finally, you can mirror your Android smartphones and tablets to TV
Screen Mirror Windows PC to LG TV
1. Turn on your Windows PC.
2. Navigate to Settings and select the Devices tab.
3. After that, select the Bluetooth and Other Devices option.
4. Click Add Bluetooth or Other Device and click Wireless Display or Dock from a dialog box on your screen.
5. Choose your LG Smart TV from the list of devices and pair it up.
6. Once paired, the entire Windows screen will mirror onto your LG Smart TV.
7. After mirroring the content, you can turn off the screen mirroring option on your Windows and LG Smart TV.
NOTE: You can also click Windows + K to miracast the content from your Windows PC to LG TV.
How to Screen Mirror to LG TV from iPhone, iPad, and Mac
To screen mirror any content from Apple devices, you need to enable the AirPlay option on your LG TV. Only select model LG TVs have the built-in AirPlay feature to screen mirror from Apple devices. You can click here to view the list of LG AirPlay-2 compatible LG Smart TVs.
How to Enable AirPlay on LG TV
1. Turn on your LG TV and press the Home button on your remote.
2. Head to the Dashboard section and select the AirPlay tab.
3. Click on the Apple AirPlay and HomeKit option.
4. Select AirPlay and turn it On.
Now, your LG TV is ready to mirror your Apple device.
Screen Mirror iPhone/iPad to LG TV
1. Connect your iPhone and LG TV to the same WiFi network.
2. Head to the Control Center of your iPhone or iPad device and select the Screen Mirroring option.
3. Select your LG TV from the list of available devices.
4. If required, enter the AirPlay passcode on your iOS device.
5. Finally, your iPhone, iPod, and iPad content will mirror on your TV.
Screen Mirror Mac to LG TV
1. Turn on your Mac and connect it to the same WiFi as your LG TV.
2. Navigate to the Menubar on your Mac and click the Control Center icon.
3. Click the Screen Mirroring icon.
4. Choose your LG Smart TV from the list of available devices and pair it up.
5. Finally, the entire Mac’s screen will mirror on your TV.
Screen Mirror to LG TV using Device Connector
Besides using the Screen Share app, you can also opt for the Device Connector tool to initiate screen mirroring on your LG TV.
1. Power on your LG Smart TV and connect your smartphone or PC to your LG TV using HDMI cables.
2. Launch launch the Device Connector tool from the Home Dashboard.
3. Then, choose the respective devices for screen mirroring. For example, choose the Smartphone tab to screen mirror from your Android.
4. Click Content Share to mirror your smartphone or PC.
5. Now, you can see the Music, Picture, and Video section on your LG TV screen.
NOTE: An All Folders tab will be included on the display screen if you connect your PC.
5. Upon selecting any category, you’ll be prompted to complete the on-screen procedures to screen mirror your smartphone or PC to LG TV.
Screen Mirroring to LG TV using Third-Party Apps
Users can also install the best screen mirroring apps for Android or iPhone on their smartphones to screen mirror to LG TVs. Among the list of available applications, we recommend you install the Screen Mirroring app on your smartphone to proceed with screen mirroring.
1. Install the Screen Mirroring app on your smartphone from the Play Store or App Store.
2. Then, ensure your Android and LG TVs are connected to the same WiFi network.
3. Open the Screen Mirroring app on your smartphone.
4. After that, Visit the official website of Screen Mirroring from a web browser on your LG TV.
5. Now, scan the QR Code displayed on your LG TV using the Screen Mirroring app.
6. After scanning the code, your entire smartphone display will mirror on your LG TV.
How to Screen Mirror to LG TV Without WiFi
If you are having issues with screen mirroring the content wirelessly, you can also opt for screen mirroring without WiFi by purchasing HDMI cables and adapters.
1. Fetch an HDMI cable and plug one end into the HDMI port of your LG TV.
2. After that, insert the other end of the HDMI cable into the HDMI adapter.
3. Now, connect the USB-C or lightning to the HDMI adapter to your smartphone.
4. Switch to the input on your LG Smart TV where the HDMI port is connected.
5. Finally, you can mirror the content from your smartphone or PC without using WiFi.
Tip! Using HDMI cables for screen mirroring will improve the quality compared to wireless mirroring.
Can I Cast to LG TV?
No. You can’t cast the content directly from Android or Windows devices to LG TV. Instead, you can connect your LG smart TV with a Chromecast device to initiate casting.
1. Connect your Chromecast device to the HDMI port of your LG TV and complete the setup procedure.
2. Get the Google Home app from the Play Store or App Store.
3. Ensure your Android device and Chromecast-connected LG TV are connected to the same WiFi network.
4. Now, open the Google Home app on your phone and click the Hamburger icon.
5. Choose the Cast screen/audio option and select your LG smart TV from the available devices.
6. Now, your Android phone will be displayed on LG TV.
7. You can also cast the content directly to your Chromecast-connected LG TV from the Chromecast built-in apps.
Yes. Screen mirroring is possible on LG TV by using third-party apps or streaming devices.
If your AirPlay does not work, try restarting your iPad and make sure both your iPad and LG TV are connected to the same WiFi network.
Yes. You can use HDMI cables and adapters to screen mirror your iPhone without enabling the AirPlay feature.
You should enable the AirPlay option on LG TV, and then screen mirror your Mac to LG TV using the AirPlay option.
Screen Mirroring and ApowerMirror are the best screen mirroring apps for LG TVs.
Temporary bugs and unstable internet connectivity are the common issues for screen mirroring not working on LG TV issue. To fix the issue, you can restart your LG TV and connect both devices to the same WiFi.