- Enable AirPlay on Roku: Go to Home → Settings → Apple AirPlay and HomeKit → Turn on AirPlay.
- Screen Mirror Mac to Roku: Go to Control Center → Click Screen Mirroring → Select the Roku device → Stream content
- Mirroring Using Third-Party app: Start App → Go to Menu → Click AirPlay icon → Click Start Streaming.
- Using HDMI: Connect HDMI cable to both devices → Then Turn on Roku TV → set it to the correct HDMI input → start mirroring.
Do you want to elevate your streaming experience from Mac to a larger TV screen? If so, those Roku users can rely on the screen mirroring option. Since Roku comes with built-in AirPlay support, you need to enable AirPlay on Roku to mirror the screen from your MacBook and iMac.
However, before you screen mirror to Roku, ensure your device runs on Roku OS 7.7 and above. Let’s scroll through the entire article and see all the possible ways to screen mirroring your Mac to Roku TVs.
NOTE: Before proceeding with screen mirroring, visit the official Roku website and ensure your Roku device is compatible with AirPlay-2.
How to Screen Mirror Mac to Roku using AirPlay
AirPlay mirroring is the primary and most efficient way to screen mirror the content from a Mac to your Roku TV.
How to Enable AirPlay on Roku
1. Power on your Roku device and navigate to the Home screen.
2. From the home screen, select the Settings option.
3. After that, click Apple AirPlay and HomeKit.
4. Select the AirPlay option and turn On the feature.
Screen Mirroring from MacBook/iMac to Roku
After enabling the AirPlay feature, you can proceed with screen mirroring your MacBook or iMac’s entire screen to Roku.
1. Power on your MacBook or iMac and head to the menu bar.
2. Select the Control Center icon on your Mac.
3. From the popup screen, select the Screen Mirroring or AirPlay Display option.
4. Select your Roku device from the devices list.
5. Once selected, enter the 4-digit AirPlay passcode on your Roku screen. Enter the passcode on your Mac and click the OK button.
6. After entering the passcode, your entire Mac screen will display on your Roku screen.
NOTE: After mirroring the content, you can disable the screen mirroring feature on your Mac and Roku for security purposes.
How to Screen Mirror Mac to Roku TV Using Third-Party Apps
Instead of using AirPlay mirroring, you can use third-party applications installed on your Mac to proceed with screen mirroring. We recommend installing the JustStream application on your Mac to improve the screen mirroring quality and to access more customization options.
1. Initially, connect your Mac and Roku TV to the same internet.
2. Open the App Store on your MacBook or iMac and install the JustStream app for Mac.
3. After installing, launch the JustStream app on your Mac and select the JustStream app icon from the menu bar.
4. Now, choose the display for screen mirroring and click the Start Mirroring button.
5. After that, choose your Roku device from the list for pairing.
6. Enter the 4-digit password displayed on your Roku screen on your Mac.
Finally, your Roku TV will display the entire Mac’s screen.
Can I Screen Mirror from Mac to Roku TV Without WiFi
Yes, If you cannot connect your MacBook to Roku TV using a wireless connection, you can buy a wired HDMI cable to screen mirror without WiFi.
1. Take a HDMI cable of good quality and connect one end to the HDMI port of your Mac.
2. Then, connect the other end of the HDMI cable to your Roku TV.
3. After connecting the cables, change the Input source on your Roku TV where the HDMI cable is connected.
4. Now, power on your Mac and start streaming your favorite content. The respective content will mirror to your Roku screen.
Due to outdated software, the AirPlay feature is unavailable on your Mac devices. You can update your Mac to the latest version to get AirPlay on your Mac.
Yes. You can screen mirror your MacBook to Roku using AirPlay mirroring, the JustStream app, and an HDMI cable.