Have you ever felt bored watching your all-time favorite shows on your iPhone’s screen? The days are no more if you have a Sony Smart TV compatible with the AirPlay 2 feature. After checking the compatibility and enabling AirPlay, you can easily mirror the iPhone screen to your Sony TV.
However, if your Sony TV doesn’t support AirPlay, you can also use third-party applications to easily mirror your iPhone screen to your TV.
This article will guide you through the step-by-step procedure to screen mirror iPhone to Sony smart TV in different ways.
AirPlay Supported Sony TVs
All Google-powered Sony TVs support the Apple AirPlay, but some models may require a software update to support Apple AirPlay and Homekit. But for Sony Android TVs, only specific models support the Apple AirPlay-2 feature.
We’ve listed the AirPlay-2 compatible Sony TVs to screen mirror with your iPhone for your convenience.
|AIRPLAY COMPATIBLE SONY TV
|AIRPLAY-COMPATIBLE SONY TV WITH SOFTWARE UPDATE
|X95H series (49″, 55″, 65″, 75″ & 85″ models)
|X85G series (55″, 65″, 75″ & 85″ models)
|X90H, X91H series
|X80H, X81xH series
How to Enable AirPlay on Sony TV
Initially, you must turn on the AirPlay option to screen mirror iPhone to TV.
1. Press the Input Select button on the Sony TV remote.
2. Choose the AirPlay option and select AirPlay & HomeKit Settings.
3. Turn ON AirPlay.
How to Screen Mirror iPhone to Sony TV
1. Ensure your iPhone and Sony Smart TV are connected to the same WiFi.
2. Disable the iPhone’s Bluetooth and Screen Time options to avoid issues while mirroring.
3. After that, open Control Center on your iPhone and click the Screen Mirroring icon.
4. Select your Sony Smart TV from the list of available devices.
5. Enter the four-digit AirPlay passcode shown on your Sony TV and click OK.
6. Now, your iPhone will be mirrored on your Sony TV.
How to Screen Mirror iPhone to Sony TV Using Third-party Apps
If your Sony Bravia doesn’t support the AirPlay-2 feature, you can’t mirror the content from your iPhone. In such cases, you can install third-party apps on Sony TV to mirror your iPhone to your TV. There are many screen mirroring apps for an iPhone. Among them, we recommend you install AirDroid Cast to screen mirror iPhone to Sony TV without AirPlay.
1. Download AirDroid Cast on your iPhone from the App Store.
2. After that, head to the Web browser on your Sony TV.
3. Open the AirDroid cast web on the Sony TV browser.
4. A QR code and 9-digit code will be displayed on your Sony TV screen.
5. Open the AirDroid app on your iPhone.
6. Scan the displayed QR code or enter the 9-digit code displayed on your Sony TV.
7. Now, you can mirror your favorite content from iPhone to Sony TV using third-party applications for free.
How to Screen Mirror iPhone to Sony TV Without WiFi
If your WiFi is unstable or not accessible, you can use Apple’s lightning adapter to screen share without WiFi from your iPhone to Sony TV.
1. Fetch an HDMI cable and connect one end to the HDMI port of your Sony TV.
2. Connect the other end to the lightning adapter.
3. After that, connect the lighting end to your iPhone.
4. Now, change the input source of your Sony TV to the HDMI, where the lightning digital adapter is connected.
5. Finally, you can play your favorite content on your iPhone. It will display the whole screen on your Sony TV.
Why Can’t I Screen Mirror iPhone to Sony TV
The major cause of screen mirroring issues is unstable WiFi networks and device incompatibility. Follow the troubleshooting methods to fix the screen mirroring not working on the Sony TV issue.
- Initially, check the stability of your internet and make sure to connect both mirroring devices to the same WiFi network.
- Check the AirPlay compatibility of your Sony TV before mirroring with your Apple devices.
- Disable the Bluetooth feature on your smartphone and Sony TV while mirroring.
- Turn off the energy-saving mode on smartphones and Sony Smart TVs to avoid errors during screen sharing.
- Proceed with a simple restart on both mirroring devices to clear the temporary bugs and glitches in the system.
Yes,. You can mirror your iPhone to a Sony TV using AirPlay or third-party screen mirroring apps.
Yes. Using AirPlay mirroring, you can mirror all your favorite content from iPhone to Sony Smart TV for free.