Have you ever thought of viewing your iPhone on a Mac screen? Yes, it is possible by using the screen mirroring feature. Generally, viewing content on a larger screen makes it even more fun and a great viewing experience. Notably, there are three ways to screen mirror your iPhone to a TV. For that, you must enable AirPlay, and then you can screen mirror your iPhone to a Mac and watch the content.
However, to make screen mirroring possible, you should have an iPhone running iOS 11.4 or later and a Mac running macOS 10.13. All in all, screen mirroring your iPhone to your Mac is effortless and endlessly helpful for viewing content on a bigger screen.
How to Screen Mirror iPhone to Mac Via AirPlay Mirroring
One needs to enable the AirPlay feature on their Mac to screen share the content from other devices. Also, it is essential to connect the devices to the same WiFi to make it possible.
How to Enable AirPlay on Mac
1. Turn on your MacBook, and click the Apple logo in the menu bar.
2. Select the System Settings option and choose Display.
3. Navigate to the drop-down menu of the AirPlay Display to pick one.
4. The AirPlay feature is enabled on your Mac, and you can start the mirroring process immediately.
How to Screen Mirror iPhone to Mac With WiFi
1. Open the Control Center on your iPhone by swiping down the screen.
2. Select the Screen Mirroring icon and choose your Mac in the popup.
3. If asked, enter the AirPlay passcode on your iPhone, shown on your Mac.
5. Now, the whole screen of your iPhone or iPad will start mirroring on your Mac screen.
How to Screen Mirror iPhone using QuickTime Player
QuickTime Player is another method that allows you to effortlessly screen mirror without WiFi from your iPhone to your Mac. Yet, you will also need a Lightning to USB cable to undergo screen mirroring.
1. Fetch the Lightning to USB cable and connect your iPhone and Mac using it.
2. Launch the QuickTime Player on your Mac.
3. Choose the File option located in the menu bar.
4. Select the New Movie Recording option.
5. Then, hit the down arrow, which is seen next to the red record button.
6. Choose your iPhone from the list.
7. Finally, you can mirror your desired content from iPhone to Mac.
Screen Mirror iPhone to Mac using Third-Party Apps
Many screen mirroring apps for iPhone are available in the App Store. Out of it, we have chosen the ApowerMirror app to help you screen mirror the content from iPhone to Mac.
1. Install the ApowerMirror app on both devices by visiting the App Store.
2. Ensure both devices are connected to the same WiFi.
3. Launch the ApowerMirror application on both devices.
4. Further, hit the Mirror option on the app’s interface to begin connecting devices.
5. From your iPhone, choose your Mac and select Phone Screen Mirroring.
6. Once selected, navigate to the Control Center on your iPhone and hit the Screen Mirroring icon.
7. Now, choose your Mac from the devices list to start mirroring your iPhone to your MacBook or iMac.
How to AirPlay iPhone to Mac Using Apps
Some apps like Apple TV, YouTube, Prime Video, and others come up with built-in support for AirPlay. In such cases, you can directly share the specific content from iPhone to Mac.
1. Enable AirPlay on your Mac.
2. Launch the AirPlay-supported app on your iPhone.
3. Play your favorite content and click the AirPlay icon on the screen.
4. Now, choose your Mac device from the devices list to pair it up.
5. Finally, you can mirror your favorite content from iPhone to Mac without interruptions.
Yes. You can connect both devices with a Lightning to USB cable and use Quick Time Player to mirror your iPhone to a Mac without WiFi.
AirPlay Incompatibility and unstable WiFi network are the main causes for screen mirroring not working from an iPhone to a Mac. Update the firmware to the latest software version and try connecting it to a stable WiFi network to fix it.