What We Know
- AirPlay from iOS: Install Xfinity Stream → Play content → Open Control Center → Tap Screen Mirroring → Choose Apple TV → Stream Content.
- AirPlay from Mac: Open Safari → Visit Xfinity Stream website → Play content → Open Control Center → Select Screen Mirroring → Choose Apple TV → Start Watching.
- AirPlay to Android TV: Install Xfinity Stream → Play content → Open Control Center → Tap Screen Mirroring → Choose Android TV → Enjoy streaming.
Xfinity Stream is a freemium service where you can watch live TV and on-demand content. You can AirPlay Xfinity Stream from your Apple device to Apple TV or other AirPlay-compatible TVs. Using AirPlay, you can watch 250+ live TV channels on news and sports including on-demand shows and movies if you are an eligible subscriber.
How to Sign Up for Xfinity Stream
To watch Xfinity Stream on AirPlay 2 -supported TV or Apple TV, you should create an account.
(1) Open the browser on your device.
(2) Go to the Xfinity Stream website.
(3) Click on the Sign-in option and select Create a new Xfinity ID.
(4) Select the option Mobile Phone Number and tap Continue.
(5) Now, enter your mobile number and select the Continue button again.
(6) Enter the activation code received to the registered mobile number and tap Continue.
(7) Select your subscription plan and subscribe to it.
(8) Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the signup process.
(9) Once you have created your account in Xfinity Stream, you can Sign in to your account with the same credentials.
Note: You can AirPlay Philo to the TV from a smartphone or Mac and stream 60+ TV channels and 60,000+ on-demand movies and TV shows.
How to AirPlay Xfinity Stream from iOS
(1) Turn on your Apple TV and connect your Apple TV and the iOS device to the same WIFI network.
(2) Now, go to the Control Center of your iOS device.
(3) Tap on the Screen Mirroring icon.
(4) Select your Apple TV or AirPlay-compatible TV from the list of available devices.
(5) When prompted on your iOS, enter the AirPlay code that appears on your TV.
(6) Once you have paired your device with the TV, your mobile is ready to share the content.
(7) Launch the Xfinity Stream application on your iOS device.
- You shall get the latest version from the App Store if you don’t have it.
(7) Click on the Log in button and enter your Xfinity Stream credentials.
(8) Select and play your favorite content from the Xfinity Stream on your iOS device.
(9) Now the selected media will play on your Apple or AirPlay-compatible TV.
Note: To stop AirPlay on your iPhone, click the Screen Mirroring icon on the Control Center.
How to AirPlay Xfinity Stream from Mac
(1) Turn on your Apple TV and MacBook.
(2) Connect both devices to the same WIFI network.
(3) Open the browser on your Mac and go to the Xfinity Stream website.
(4) Click the Sign in button and enter your login credentials to access your Xfinity Stream account.
(5) Now, click on the AirPlay icon at the top right corner of the menu bar on your Mac.
(6) Select your Apple TV or AirPlay-compatible TV from the list of available devices.
(7) Enter the passcode displayed on your TV.
(8) Select and play the content that you need to stream.
(9) The content will start casting to your AirPlay-compatible TV.
Once you finish streaming Xfinity Stream on your TV, disable AirPlay on your Mac.
How to AirPlay Xfinity Stream from Apple device to Android TV
AirPlay can be enabled only on selected Android TV models listed on the AirPlay compatible devices webpage. If you find your Android TV on the list, you should enable AirPlay on your Android TV before proceeding with the steps.
1. Connect your Apple device and the Android TV to the same WiFi network.
2. Install the Xfinity Stream app on your iPhone/iPad from the App Store. Else, visit the Xfinity Stream website on the Safari browser on Mac
3. Open Control Centre on your Apple device and select the Screen Mirroring option.
4. Select your Android TV from the available device list.
5. Enter the AirPlay Passcode on your Apple device that appears on your Android TV.
Enjoy streaming Xfinity Stream on your Android TV.
How to AirPlay Xfinity Stream from iOS to Smart TV without WiFi
If you couldn’t connect your devices to WiFi or if your network is unstable. Still, you can Airplay Xfinity Stream to your TV without a WiFi connection. It is possible to stream using a Lightning to Digital AV adapter and HDMI cable.
1. Connect the Lightning Digital AV adapter to the charging port of your iPhone.
2. Plug one end of the HDMI cable into the adapter and the other end into the Android TV.
3. Navigate to Source Settings on your Andriod TV and select the HDMI port you just plugged the cable into.
4. Play the download Xfinity Stream content on your iPhone and it will be mirrored to your Smart TV.
DIY Fixes for Xfinity Stream AirPlay Not Working
Sometimes AirPlay may not work due to connectivity issues or technical issues on your device. Other possible reasons could be the outdated app, internal bugs, or outdated device software. Troubleshoot the issue with the recommended methods.
- Check your network Strength and Speed, if it is unstable switch on to a stable network.
- Remove the obstacles that block the AirPlay signal between the Apple device and Smart TV.
- Restart your WiFi router.
- Uninstall and Reinstall the app.
- Update your Apple device and Smart TV firmware to the latest version.
- Restart your Apple device and Smart TV.
If none of the above-mentioned fixes worked try resetting your Smart TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can download the Xfinity Stream from your Apple TV itself.
No. Xfinity doesn’t have in-built AirPlay support.