What We Know
- AirPlay from iOS to Apple TV: Install WeTV app → Play a drama → Open Control Center → Select Screen Mirroring → Choose Apple TV → Enter AirPlay code → Stream on TV.
- AirPlay from Mac to Apple TV: Visit WeTV website → Play content → Open Control Center → Screen Mirroring → Select Apple TV → Enter AirPlay code → Watch on TV.
- AirPlay to Android TV: Install WeTV app on iOS → Play content → Open Control Center → Screen Mirroring → Choose Android TV → Enter AirPlay code → Start streaming.
WeTV is a freemium streaming service to watch Asian Entertainment. AirPlay is the easiest way to watch Asian dramas, series, and TV shows without installing any apps on TV. With AirPlay, you can stream WeTV content on Apple TV or other AirPlay 2-compatible TV from your iPhone or Mac. You can also AirPlay WeTV without the internet using an HDMI cable and Lightning to Digital AV Adapter.
How to AirPlay WeTV from iPhone to Apple TV
It is required to enable AirPlay on Apple TV before proceeding with the steps. Go to Settings > AirPlay & HomeKit Settings > Turn ON AirPlay.
1. Make sure that your iPhone or iPad is connected to the same WiFi network.
2. Install the WeTV app on your iOS device from the App Store.
3. Launch the app and play the content that you wish to stream on your TV.
4. Open the Control Center and select the Screen Mirroring option.
5. Choose your Apple TV from the list of available devices.
6. Enter the AirPlay code that appears on your Apple TV.
Stream WeTV drama, series, and shows on your Apple TV. Once you have finished streaming, turn OFF the AirPlay on your iPhone to stop sharing the screen.
How to AirPlay WeTV from Mac to Apple TV
1. Turn on your Mac and Apple TV and connect both devices to the same WiFi network.
2. Visit the WeTV official website from Safari on Mac.
3. Open the Control Center and tap on the Screen Mirroring option from the list.
4. Choose your Apple TV from the list of available devices.
5. If asked, enter the AirPlay code that appears on your TV.
Watch your favorite WeTV content online on your Apple TV. Remember to turn OFF the AirPlay on your Mac when you complete watching.
How to AirPlay WeTV from Apple device to Android TV
1. Turn on and enable AirPlay on your Android TV.
2. Connect your iOS or Mac and Android TV to the same WiFi network.
3. Install the WeTV app on your iOS device from the App Store. Else, visit the WeTV website on a Safari browser of your Mac.
4. Open the Control Center on your Apple device. ( Swipe down on your iOS device or press FN + C on your Mac )
5. Tap on the Screen Mirroring option and select your Android TV.
6. After selecting a device, the AirPlay code will be displayed on your TV.
Play your favorite drama on your Apple device and watch it on a big screen.
How to AirPlay WeTV to Smart TV Without WiFi
Currently, AirPlay is available only on selective Smart TV models listed on the AirPlay-compatible devices webpage. Check the list to find out if your Smart TV was AirPlay compatible. If your Smart TV isn’t AirPlay-compatible, use a Lightning to Digital AV Adapter and HDMI cable to stream content from your iPhone to your TV.
1. Connect the Lightning to Digital AV Adapter to the charging port of your iPhone.
2. Plug one end of the HDMI cable into the adapter and the other end into the HDMI port on your TV.
3. Go to Source Settings on your TV and choose the HDMI port to which you just plugged in the cable.
4. Launch the WeTV app on your iPhone and stream the content on your big screen.
WeTV AirPlay Not Working: Causes & Fixes
Sometimes, WeTV AirPlay might not be working due to connectivity issues or technical issues. Here we have listed the reasons and solutions to fix the issue.
- Signal Blockage: Remove the obstacles that block the AirPlay signal between your AirPlay-connected devices. Move close your Apple device to your Smart TV.
- Poor Internet Connection: Check your WiFi network signal and speed. If it is unstable, restart your WiFi router.
- Device incompatibility: Check whether your Smart TV is compatible with AirPlay. If not, follow the alternative approach to AirPlay WeTV to TV without WiFi.
- Muted device audio: Check if your device is on mute or low volume. If it is, level up the volume in both the AirPlay-connected devices.
- Outdated Firmware: Update your Apple device and Smart TV Firmware.
- Temporary malfunction: Restart your Apple device and the Apple TV/ Smart TV.
- Airplane mode: Turn off the Airplane mode on your iOS device. Because it might shut down the WiFi and Mobile Hotspot which will not allow AirPlay to work.
No, you need a subscription to watch certain shows which require a VIP pass. But some content is available for free on WeTV which contains ads.
WeTV’s Monthly subscription cost $5.99, the Quarterly subscription cost $17.49 and the Annual subscription cost $56.99.