What We Know
- To AirPlay from iOS: Turn on your TV → Launch the Play Store → Type AirScreen → Install → Launch the AirScreen → Access the necessary permission → Connet your devices with the same WIFI → Control Center (iOS) → Screen Mirroring → Select Nvidia Shield TV → Start streaming.
- To AirPlay from Mac: Turn on your TV → Launch the Play Store → Type AirScreen → Install → Launch the AirScreen → Access the necessary permission → Connet Mac to the same WIFI → Click the AirPlay icon → Start streaming.
Nvidia Shield is an Android-based streaming device that helps to convert your regular TV into a smart TV. So, the Nvidia Shield TV supports the casting function, while there is no built-in AirPlay function. That doesn’t mean the user cannot use AirPlay on Nvidia Shield TV. By using some alternative techniques that involve third-party apps, you can AirPlay the content from your Apple device to your Nvidia Shield-connected TV.
How to AirPlay Nvidia Shield from iOS Devices
Since the latest model of Nvidia Shield isn’t AirPlay 2-compatible, you need to install a third-party application on your TV to AirPlay the content from your iOS device to the Nvidia Shield-connected TV.
Of all the AirPlay apps for Android, we have used the AirScreen application to AirPlay to Nvidia Shield TV.
(1) Turn on your Nvidia Shield-connected TV.
(2) Launch the Play Store application on your TV.
(3) Type “AirScreen” using the virtual keyboard and press the OK button.
(4) Select the Install button to install the application on your Nvidia Shield TV.
(5) Launch the AirScreen application once it is installed from the Play Store.
(6) Select the permission on the AirScreen app to AirPlay the content.
(7) Now, connect your TV and iOS device to the same WIFI connection.
Note: Once connected to the same WIFI network, your device is ready to share the content from your iOS to the Nvidia Shield-connected TV.
(8) Now, go to the Control Center of your iOS device and tap the option Screen Mirroring.
(9) Locate and select your Nvidia Shield-connected TV from the list of available devices.
(10) Start streaming the content from your iOS device to your Nvidia Shield-connected TV.
How to AirPlay Nvidia Shield from Mac
To AirPlay the content from your Mac to the Nvidia Shield-connected TV, first, you need to install the AirScreen app on your TV. After installing, follow the procedure below to AirPlay the content from your Mac to the TV.
(1) Once you have installed the application on your TV, launch the AirScreen application.
(2) Grant the necessary permission to run the app.
(3) Make sure to connect your Mac and TV to the same WIFI connection.
(4) Now, click the AirPlay icon at the top.
(5) Click the AirPlay icon from the list of available devices.
(6) Once your device gets paired with each other, you can start streaming the content from your Mac to the Nvidia Shield-connected TV.
How to AirPlay/Screen Mirror to Nvidia Shield TV Via AirDroid Cast Web
If you want to AirPlay to your Shield TV without installing any third-party app on the TV, you shall try AirDroid Cast Web. All you have to do is to get the app installed on your iOS or Mac, and with this, you shall AirPlay the content.
(1) First, download AirDroid Cast app on your iOS or Mac from its official website.
(2) Launch Google Chrome on your Nvidia Shield TV. Then visit webcast.airdroid.com.
(3) Wait for the QR code to appear. With that, you should accept the permissions to start mirroring.
(4) Now, scan the code using your iOS or enter the Cast code.
To mirror the Mac screen, select WLAN and select Share this computer screen. Make sure to enter the code.
(5) You shall now play a media or audio on the iOS/Mac device and stream the same on your Nvidia Shield TV.
Note: With Google Chrome AirPlay, you can enjoy surfing the internet on a big screen.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can cast your Android phone or tablet, iPhone, iPad, Mac or Windows laptop, or Chromebook to the Nvidia Shield-connected TV.
If your TV is AirPlay-2 compatible, you can AirPlay to Android TV from your iOS or Mac.